Lonely but people can't tell

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cless

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I found this place, probably same as many of you, through google when searching for topics on loneliness. I'm a 22 year old 4th year computer engineering student. I didn't consciously accept that I was lonely for a long time but there was definitely something there building up ready to explode to affect my life.

I appear alone but satisfied and confident to people because before I went on an internship where I lived on my own for the first time, I had very different priorities in life. Now after getting out of my bubble, I realized how much potential I wasted, but am hoping that my change in attitude will mean greater things to come in terms of relationships.

Anyways, I read some stuff around in the forum and can't believe how much I can relate to many people's stories. I hope that we all help each other get out of our lonely conditions :)

Welcome to the forum :)

I think its a good thing that you are recognizing that something is missing from your life. Better now than decades later. It's a very important thing to know what your emotional needs are.

Funny how people can appear to be one thing on the outside and be something else entirely on the inside.

Welcome to the forum :), may this be a medium via which you can sort things out which trouble/perplex you.

Let me admit that am lonely. Am a little old, 35 still staying by myself. The other thing that I would admit is that there is something amiss in me like one of you commented. I should have realized it 10 years ago but they always say that there is time for every thing. Thanks people for the insight.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I think no matter what, it's all about our perspective on our circumstances, whatever age we might be, as long as we are still living, there is potential. Every time I feel like I wasted time, I try to remind myself that time is only wasted if I recognize something should be done and don't act on it, but if I didn't recognize it then it's fair to say that time was well spent during that period because I spent it the way I thought it should've been spent.

Right now I'm in an accelerated stage of learning and self realization and am excited about the opportunities to come.

I have a similar story, after leaving behind fake friends and getting out of the ridiculous "popular" bubble, I'm lonely but I have so much faith that things will turn around for the better. I had to accept that my mom is the only person who has my back and I feel great because I've accepted that; me and her are both lonely and we're looking for our peace in life. I wonder sometimes, do some people my age feel lonely at times, or do some people try to get rid of feelings of loneliness by calling friends and surrounding themselves with people?

Hey guys, a short update. I've had an awakening experience, finally I now walk with the true God. My depression, anxiety, loneliness was instantaneously cured on March 1st, 2010. I've written a bunch of notes on facebook since by inspiration by the Holy Spirit, and many are able to see the truth as well.

Depression, anxiety, loneliness are words that we as humans describe for a condition, that condition is our weak relationship with the God that made us. This is one of the fundamental truths of all of existence. All is found in God.

Cless said:
Hey guys, a short update. I've had an awakening experience, finally I now walk with the true God. My depression, anxiety, loneliness was instantaneously cured on March 1st, 2010.

WRONG. I'm sorry, Cless, but that's just bullshit. No offense.

God doesn't instantaneously cure anything. If anyone ever says that they got saved and they're INSTANTLY happy, I completely disregard them because it's simply not true. Ask any Christian theologian and they'll tell you the same.

Christian theologian are not necessarily Christians. Who are Christians? They are true followers of God, not just believers, followers, ones who do His will, and have entered the Kingdom of God. When Jesus came, he healed instantaneously. The power is still there and things of the past are still possible in this day. The difference is the amount of faith. This is an unbelieving generation. Prophets and servants of God still walk the Earth. You will never see, hear, or understand by your own efforts, only when God reveals to you the meaning of His Word, He does that when you genuinely seek, because He judges your heart.

I am glad that it works for you Cless but as you can see different people have different paths.

Latest posts

Back