Lonely is Good

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
priscella said:
Like for instance at the end of your life you would like to leave your stuff or personals to someone rather than just leaving it for the junk man or woman. Or maybe you have a pet --maybe a bird or a cat or dog and they are young you would like to know there are people in your life who would take care of it. Everybody I think has something special -- a book, a ornament or something they treasure even a picture hung on a wall that you might be concerned about.

I wish to burn and destroy all of my belongs including my house right before I die. I hope it works out for me. I will pull out all of my savings in cash and light it on fire. I do not want anybody to benefit from my death since nobody helped me get things along the way, quite the opposite. My preference is to leave an oily toxic mess where my house once stood. Hopefully, it'll cost much more to clean up then the land value is worth. That way it will stay like that for a very long time after I'm gone. They'll be a crappy security chain link fence around the property for all the neighbors to look at. Ha! ha!

It's kind of funny and kind of irritating. My state retirement plan representative keeps trying to contact me to update my beneficiary. I do not have anybody to put into the slot. They just can't understand that. Originally I listed None Nobody. But, the updated system keeps kicking it out now. At one point I asked if I could just forfeit any monies or refuse payment upon my death. They said no. Ha! ha! I think that's discrimination against people that are alone in this world. I should sue for $millions and then light that on fire too. Ha! ha!

I'm alone because I choose to be. But it's also because nobody wants to be with me. My preference is to share my life with someone else. But, I'm also making the decision to be alone because most people really suck and it seems impossible to find the right person for me. I'm done trying. So.......... most of the time I'm good with being alone. There are sooooo many benefits to it. But, sometimes I get lonely. Although the lonely feeling has subsided a lot over the past decade because I believe I will be alone for the rest of my life. So, does that mean I'm alone or lonely. I think is a mix at different times and different situations. This is a grey area. So, there isn't going to be a consensus.

This is a hard post to reply to because I "feel" the same way with "one difference" I want someone to benefit or a cause to continue but a big but here as well. The only things that I care about is my pigeons and I have 32 of them and I am hoping to outlive them and each year because of their extreme old ages I lose about three or four of them. These pigeons cannot be released because of their disabilities and I have been into rehabbing for a lot of years and my loft is a pigeon disabled loft----and by the way a beautiful loft with eleven window and attached hard wire fly pen. They made a difference in my life because they were the only things beside a doggy that I had for real friendship. I also have about four ornaments that I would like to drop in the ocean so that no one gets them because of sentimental value and if someone does come across them they were ocean people discovering a silly piece of crap. I cannot stand the thought of seeing them in some thrift store laying on a shelf.. lol (not that it matters I won't be here)....lol lol..So someday I hope to take a boat ride and drop them off or leave in my will for other people to deep six them...The house will most likely be torn down in this neighborhood but I would like someone to benefit and have a place that they could call home and really wanting it to go to some disabled person just like the pigeons...But truly finished I understand what you are saying...Thanks   priscella.

Although this might make you mad, it still makes me laugh. It looks cool.

[img=500x334]https://www.audubon.org/sites/defau...2659441585449970528_n.jpg?itok=QhURMy6v[/img]

A while ago people were gluing different hats, mostly cowboy type, on pigeons. I know it's cruel. But, it's also funny to actually see it. How in the hell do people come up with these kinds of ideas and actually do them? I assume in time the hats fall off, shed off, and or get picked off. It doesn't seem to interfere with their lives. But, wow!

In time it will most likely shed off---at least I hope so and I have some pigeons in my loft that has gone through a lot worse than that and for me it is so sad. But these pigeons of mine are spoiled and more spoiled and my long distance friend says---"priviledge"----lol lol----she has words and I have mine...I liked the picture and just pretend it is just placed there knowing in time it will shed off..Thanks for the post....priscella...

priscella said:
The only things that I care about is my pigeons and I have 32 of them and I am hoping to outlive them and each year because of their extreme old ages I lose about three or four of them. These pigeons cannot be released because of their disabilities and I have been into rehabbing for a lot of years and my loft is a pigeon disabled loft----and by the way a beautiful loft with eleven window and attached hard wire fly pen. They made a difference in my life because they were the only things beside a doggy that I had for real friendship.

BTW, that's really cool that you found something that provides you joy. Do they not bread?

Oh Lordy I replace their eggs by fake eggs and they do not know the difference but in a certain amount of time they look at each other to say: "This is not happening and fly away to start the process all over--lol lol". One puts fake eggs down to save their calcium for they sit on these eggs for about two weeks and this gives them time to build up more calcium so that they can start again...Also I do not want young ones...so this is what I have to do..If you ever find a baby pigeon or pigeon do not try to give it water by squirt process because their lungs have a opening at the back of their tongues so you can outline the outside of their beak and they will suck the water in or you could dip their beak in shallow water so that they can suck up the water...Only two breeds suck up water and this is doves and pigeons for the rest of the birds you can just put a drop or two in their mouth--not pigeons you will aspirate them.. Just a note here.. Gosh I am long winded today---lol lol...Have a nice day everyone....priscella..

Since Priscella is talking about her pigeons, I thought she would be interested in this real-life bird-oddity.
As far as birds, I still remember this bizarre news report I ran across over 20 years ago. The bird in the report was a talking parrot which was owned by a married couple.

While the husband worked, his wife stayed at home most of the time. Unbeknownst to the husband, his wife was cheating on him and was even brazen enough to have the other man over at the couple's house.

At some point when the husband was at home he noticed some odd things that the parrot was saying. Come to find out, the parrot was mimicking the words spoken by his wife and the other man. So the husband found out about the adultery. I don't know whether they got a divorce or not, but the story still stands out for me because of its bizarreness. True story too.
[img=46x15]https://pics3.city-data.com/trn.gif[/img] [img=22x15]https://pics3.city-data.com/trn.gif[/img]

[img=10x11]https://pics3.city-data.com/trn.gif[/img] 05-18-2020, 

That's amazing and with parrots especially if they are younger when the educational and repeat of different words is very possible--lol lol...That was fun to read thanks and parrots live a real long time and I just wonder how long that one lived---lol lol  Thanks..

Glad you like that parrot story, Priscella.  I also remember many years ago when I saw a parrot act at the San Diego Zoo.  Although it was scripted, it was as if the trainer and the parrot were actually carrying on a dialogue, if you know what I mean.  Even though it was scripted, the parrot had to be quite intelligent in order to speak on cue with specific words.

B3ZQT7q.gif

Social interaction is inherent in our psyche. Had early man not had a need to be in a social group there would never have been villages, and mankind would likely not have survived alone. "It takes a village," should refer to life in general, not just children.

That said, there are scores of mental diseases that rewrite our inherent instincts, sociopathy/psychopathy overrides the need for socialization. Asocial/antisocial mentalities can be derived from trauma or grief or some other disappointing occurrence where mental pain drives us away from the inherent need to be around other people. Low self esteem can make one feel unworthy of company. Each of these might present in varying degrees.

The natural order of the human mind is to be among those of their own kind (referring to people, not race). It relates to survival instinct wherein assistance in almost any endeavor increases production and thus personal gain.

And then there is propagation. There is an inherent need to create children. That is difficult without a partner.

We have a need to feel appreciated. Our reward centers light up when we get praise.

There are so many parts of our minds that rely on social interaction to culminate. It's really the defining purpose of humanity. Barring any mental disorder or obviation, when these instincts are not being satisfied we feel lonely.

Thanks August Campbell and yes I like that story and I would have put that parrot up a tree so that it did not "tell tails (sp correct--lol ) anymore...and old finished that is a parakeet and how cute it is dancing---liked that....And JJW------Amen brother--right on...thanks priscella

Another way that lonely is good is because the solitude can facilitate the practice of astral travel, also known as out-of-body experience, where your spirit can leave your physical body. It can happen either deliberately or accidentally, inadvertently. When it happens inadvertently, the person does not even know at all that it happened. Usually it happens while he's sleeping. Then later on, someone else would tell him that he saw that person at a different location at the time that the person was sleeping. Evidently then it was the astral projection.  So lonely is good because it facilitates the phenomenon of astral projection, which is an interesting area to explore.

It is a very interesting thing to do research on and what I need is to do more reading on the subject and at this moment I am a nay sayer because I never experienced it but there are stories out there where people who did have a experience. I do remember as a child about 5 or 6 being very sick--chicken pox and having a high fever experiencing being my girlfriend and for moments I was thinking that I was her...never forgot that experience and don't know if it was a real experience maybe just the high temperature...So my friend I need to do more research on the topic to understand it more...thanks for sharing...priscella..

I don't discount any idea before finding evidence against it. While there is evidence to discredit many who claim to have had an OBE, there is nothing to prove conclusively that it isn't possible.

There have been tests during risky medical procedures where messages were painted on the floors. If someone claims to have hovered over their bodies during a near death experience they are asked to recall the message on the floor. None have been able to.

Funny thing, my novel is all about this sort of thing. It's fiction, but it is based on my personal experiences during the 70's NEW AGE movement.

Anyone is welcome to PM me for the book information (it's free)...or to tell me how effed up my ideas are. :D

I died on two different occasions. My heart stopped beating many times and I flat lined. I experienced absolutely nothing. I remembered nearly everything up to the point of loosing consciousness and then after regaining it again. But, the 1990 movie Flatliners was entertaining to watch.

Finished said:
I died on two different occasions. My heart stopped beating many times and I flat lined. I experienced absolutely nothing. I remembered nearly everything up to the point of loosing consciousness and then after regaining it again. But, the 1990 movie Flatliners was entertaining to watch.

Maybe you didn't die enough.  Next time stay dead long enough to see the tunnel of light...but don't go there.  Come back and tell us about it.

Latest posts

Back