Lonely -- New Friends...?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my whole life i really wanted to have a few close friends... but unfortunately almost everyone i met turned on me or just changed so much that we had little in common, and grew distant.

real life or online friends, it always ended the same way. most people turned out to be horrible liars, leaving me feeling sad and even more lonely than i was to begin with ... and then the void in my heart became so great that my search for friends (people to like me) became an addiction.

lately I don't have too many problems getting too close to people and leaving myself vulnerable, but i just feel horribly lonely and sad. one person i am close to has been hanging out/talking with someone in real life often.

this person contacts him a lot and i feel awful, because i just cant shake the terror of thinking that im going to be replaced very soon...because that seems to happen to me so often.

i just feel like im alone in a dark corner and desperately am praying for some new friends to help me through these times.. ever since a terrible breakup back in december, i've been unable to get back on my feet.

i just feel empty inside... and im yearning so bad for friends to help me heal, and i would love to make someone else happy with my friendship too... so please give me a chance.

if you would like to talk, please PM me. I really, really want to make some new friends, and this community is full of people like me...

thank you so much for reading, sorry for the long post. i hope that together, we can help each other heal from this horrible thing known as loneliness...

-Dreamer Dragon

Hey there, welcome to the forum.

It'll take time to heal.. if you really want to heal and move on. You can make the changes you want to see in your life.. but you gotta believe it can happen.

Hope you'll find what you're looking for on this site.

thank you, i hope i do too! i would love to make some new friends here. i think that would help me a lot. :)

Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new myself. I relate to what you are saying. I have had only a few really good friends and some of them have turned on me. It can be tough to find really good friends. In my experience, the older you get the harder it becomes. People become more cynical and just want their egos fed by relying on others to make the first move and befriend them first. I don't have time for those games so I'm learning to be ok with just being by myself(for now anyway).

Latest posts

Back