Lonely...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

monev

Well I moved from New Jersey to Texas and I have to admit I had a lot of friends in New Jersey I didnt feel lonely at all.(I guess because I grew up there and little by little I had a lot of friends) But ever since I moved to TX is been very hard for me to make friends..

I finished my school year here in TX, I made a very few friends but they were just like people say "school friends" nothing more. later like around Jan I met one friend who I use to hang out with the last couple of months of school, it was great you know? I didnt feel bad like I do right now.. well he moved away a couple of months ago. He said he was goin to move like 30mins away but yet he has not called me at all since he moved away so we can hang out. Which makes me think, was he really my friend?... he owed me money maybe thats why he doesnt call me? I dont care about the money right now I just want to hang out...

I havent gone out at all I been havin a real hard life right now... I am unemployed for a year now... I been tryin to get a job many places since I was in school, yet I have no job still!! which makes it worse I have no one to talk to, no one to hang out with, no one to tell how im feelin, no one to do anything with! it really really sucks I never felt like this I never felt so bad in my life. I sometimes just get so mad at my self and just begain to cry. im very sensitive to anything and I just cant take it anymore. :(

I now think to my self, what if I tryed harder to make friends at school my last year, but it was hard for me and always has been because im very very shy... and I hate it!!! I been shy my whole life, the only way I meet people is if they come to talk to me or if a friend introduces me to them and we begain to hang out more. But once I get to know someone Im not shy at all, I just wish I was like that all the time... I hate being lonely so much...

I just want to say I am glad I found this forum I always wanted to let this out I been wantin to tell someone how I feel for so long. Thanks for reading...

hay dude i just wonted to say i read your post and i know its no fun being lonely.
and I sometimes just get so mad at my self and just begin to cry sometimes coz i can not believe this has happened to me.
but you are young and have lots of opportunity's ahead of you yet.
so stay strong mate. and remember you are fit and able to work and am sure you well meat people at work and stuff.

Hey man I know how you feel.

I too have moved from a place where I had many friends to a place where I didn't know anybody.  The past few years I've been virtually alone.  I too am very shy and have a lot of trouble meeting people on my own.  I too meet and befriend people mostly through my friends.  Sometimes I can't help but cry too because I fail to find any hope.  It was (and still is) a very hard time for me.  I've gone through a lot of the "motions" you've described about yourself.

I just want to let you know there's people out there who feel for you and are going through what you're going through.  You're perfect just the way you are, whoever you are.  There's nothing you gotta do or change.  You don't gotta try to be this way or that.  It took a while for me to realize this, and once you do realize this, you stop trying and start living.  Take it from someone who's been down that road before and look at yourself in the mirror-all your faults, shyness, frustration, anger, loneliness and sadness-and realize how perfect everything is, inside and out.  Once you're able to see things that way everything will seem to fall into place.

Hang in there.  I hope what I've said helps, or at least made sense lol.  Stay cool.

Your situation sounds very similar to mine. I made the transition from school, where i had friends, to uni, where i have none. It's horrible to try to adjust. But it is hard to try and meet friends when you're shy like me. And I too, meet friends from friends of friends, which is quite sad, because I don't feel like it was my doing that made us friends, so they're not really my friend, just a friend that i made from another friend, in which they are close friends first (sorry if I'm not making sense. I tend to do this.)

Same, once I get to know someone, I'm out-going and able to converse.
I can't get a job either, and I've been trying 4 years ago, its really sad.
I feel like crying too, when I'm alone, especially on a friday or saturday night because I know that all my school friends (now distant) are hanging out with their bunch of uni friends. The loneliness really is horrible. But I guess you and I have to stay positive, since I know there is a future ahead, a near future.

This forum really is great. Its good to just relieve all your thoughts, everything that's been creeping up inside of you can just be let out here. It's like screaming on top of a mountain where no one would think anything. I'm with ya.

Latest posts

Back