Cant find friends at college

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faye19

Reaction score
I'm at a community college while my partner is at university. I'm staying at his place for a week and there's a party going on at his place. Everyone was so excited to see him and when he introduced me all I got was a side eye. I feel so lonely and so friendless. I find it hard to make friends and it feels like nobody wants to be my friend

So you’ve already mentioned. I’m not sure why you wrote this situation out again but your other thread is getting replies fyi. Welcome to the forum. Hope you get something from it.

Make it about them; that's an important rule I stand by. If you take an interest in people, most will respond. People like to talk about themselves. If that person doesn't return the favour, then they're not worthy. Anyone who is rude to you has proved that they're not worthy of your friendship - afterall, why would you want to get to know someone who just blanked you out or is so self-involved that they don't care about anyone else?

You managed to score a partner so it's not like you have no value.

Try striking up conversations with a few people, showing interest in their interests, and don't be discouraged if it takes time to make friends. Building connections can be a gradual process, and people may warm up to you over time. Remember, you're a valuable person deserving of friendship, so don't give up✌

Latest posts

Back