Loney Girl Introducing Herself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys !!! Thanks for the welcoming.

Please forgive me for the laps in time it takes me to get back to you. I work 30 hrs a week, go to graduate school full time (12 + units), and I have a 16 hour internship; I do all this 5 days a week and on top of all that I have to make time for homework and family (I’m big on family). Thank you for sharing with me how people are where you live….and for those that have been to LA, thank you for totally understanding me you validate me in knowing that it is not me who has issues but the city I live in…..seriously I need to see more of the US and pick a place were people are normal. Anyways, I’m going to head out to the other threads to give my opinions on subjects. Thanks again all!

lovehurtme said:
Hi Dee. Welcome to the forum! I hope you find what you are looking for. Everyone is very nice. I was in LA over the summer. I went to "The Price is Right." It was ok. Everyone was very plastic, and there was ads everywhere for surgery. I think about cosmetic surgery sometimes. I am a Nurtrition major. This is my senior year. :)

Hey,

Thank you for welcoming me. I read one of your threads and it sounds like you are a very attractive woman. I think surgery is over rated, if you need it to feel better for yourself then go for it, if it’s for someone else it’s not worth it (we are thought to believe that if we looked different, than we will have what we long for be it youth, beauty, love, etc. however that feeling of wholeness only last a short time) .

I sometimes think about surgery too, I want breast . However, I don’t do it because I strongly believe that whoever I am with NEEDS to love me for who I am and what I look like, nothing less will suffice…but I am not against surgery…whatever makes you feel better I think is worth it.

Unacceptance said:
Dee said:
Hey, fellow LA’er cool to see you are from here!!! Yeah no middle class in this city. I do have my career going for me but I still feel lost (I’m from the hood…so we will see how it all turns out). When I go to the bay (e.g. San Francisco, Santa Cruz) I feel more at home because people are laid back. Unacceptance where did you move to? How are the people there? What do you do (e.g. work. Life in general)?

I moved to Colorado, I dig it here. The people are nice, I can see the sun (not that I'm a big fan of sunlight, but it's still nice to know it's visible) instead of a gross misrepresentation through the smog, over the last ten years it's been getting more and more populated, mostly people moving from LA like me and New York. I was raised in Canada, born in LA and returned to live in LA for a bit before moving out here.

I'm a huge fan of cold weather and the snow, so I like it. Right now I'm about to begin a new job so I've been taking it easy living off the money I saved from my old job for a few weeks, doing some studying and stuff in preparation. I'm going back to school next year (I'm hoping next semester), I finished a year, but my life kind of fell apart in a week and most of this year has been putting it back together. Luckily I live simply enough for that to not be a complicated task....

I think you should be proud of what you've done. It's admirable.

Thank you for your last thought. What do you plan to study? I'm sorry if I seem like I ask so many questions, know that I am genuinely interested. hey, I know I don't know you but I am proud of you for taking the steps to get your life back together...I know of many people who would rather stay in misery than face the hardship of putting the pieces back in their place.....so for doing that I take my hat of to you.

Dee said:
Thank you for your last thought. What do you plan to study? I'm sorry if I seem like I ask so many questions, know that I am genuinely interested. hey, I know I don't know you but I am proud of you for taking the steps to get your life back together...I know of many people who would rather stay in misery than face the hardship of putting the pieces back in their place.....so for doing that I take my hat of to you.

Heh, in my case I really had no choice. It wasn't an option of sitting in misery, it was a matter of survival.

Your questions don't bother me. Honestly, it's 2:15 AM and I have literally nothing to do at the moment (How pathetic is that?) Not that I would answer them anyway.

I'm not sure what I plan on studying. I go to school to just learn miscellaneous junk and kill time. I like History and Philosophy the most, but really any subject is fun. I'm not really getting ready for a career or anything. Learn. Earn. Burn. About all I really plan on life consisting of.

I really couldn't do what you do, it's spooky to think that people are out and about doing such things all the time. I guess I'm too laid back to care, who knows.

Do you work in something related to your field of study?

Hello Dee,
I am new to this forum as well, and thought I'd say HI. And don't worry, the irony of this plastic syndrome is that men are finally feeling the sting of unrealistic expectations as well. . .More and more men are getting calf and butt implants, lipo, face lifts, total body reconstructions, hair transplants. . .They too fall short of the perfect body every shallow person seeks.

Latest posts

Back