Long lonely day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staccato

Reaction score
So, my partner just left for work.
And my 15 hours of loneliness begins.
Keeping in mind that I have a baby... Any advice on how to cope with these awfully long days?
I'm feeling really low :-(

What do you like doing? You could pick up a hobby. Stitching? Drawing? Maybe play some games? Hmm.. do something that you enjoy?

I'm pretty sure your baby will keep you busy - at least most of it?

All depends on your interests, perhaps go for a walk or something?

A hobby definitely sounds like the best thing. Something to keep you occupied.
Do you enjoy writing? Perhaps you're musically talented? Take up knitting, or gardening...

A couple of years ago I was in much the same position, except no baby of course. I filled my time with Video Games. 12 - 16 hours of Gaming a day... Not the most productive thing in the world but it passed the time.
That's an extreme of course, but if you could find something similar maybe it could help you.

Perhaps telling us a little about what you enjoy could help find something for you :S

9006, yes, the baby did keep me busy most of the time. At the moment, I watch shows. But in one of the shows I'm currently watching, one of the characters got killed in the episode I watched today and it was so depressing.
I used to write poetry. I had a blog. I know some chords and own a guitar, I used to write songs as well. Or just do cover versions of my favourite songs. Used to be a gym addict prior to getting pregnant. I did yoga and pilates during the pregnancy. But now I only go for long walks. Tried going for a walk with bub today but she was in a mood and simply wasn't up for it. So had to cut that short.
It's really hard, what with the baby. I feel like my options are pretty limited coz I've gotta be so hands on with her.

I just wish I could find something constructive to do...

At least that way, even if I'm exhausted, I can look back on my day and feel like I actually accomplished something

You have a baby to take care of, as long as you've done that each day I say you've accomplished a lot.

Yes well... That's nice but I just meant something other than taking care of the baby. Something that I do for me. My own sake and sanity.

:) see online if there are other mothers like you in the neighborhood or nearby area? Maybe you can find common interests with them?

Latest posts

Back