Looking for a deep connection.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodie

Reaction score
I like to think of myself as a big teddy bear. I'm sentimental and affectionate, and I love to be goofy, do voice impressions, make people laugh and have a good time. But I also tend to be an extremely serious person when it comes to certain important aspects of life.

I am an extremely open person and I will pretty much tell you anything about myself. I don't consider any topics taboo, and I love discussing pretty much anything and everything. I am secular, so I don't go to church or participate in any religion. This is a huge part of my life. I've tried having religious people in my life, but it always causes conflict. I'm liberal, and I strongly believe in the general welfare of all people. I like to read a lot and I consider myself intelligent. I'm extremely loyal and honest to the people I care about.

I just moved for a change of scenery in life, so I am looking to meet new and interesting people. I don't really have any friends, but the two that I do have are very dear to me, even though they live far from me now. I prefer having meaningful relationships with people as opposed to shallow ones. Ultimately, I want somebody who will be my best friend and lover, and will want to share their life and interests with me. Someone who wants to explore things and never stop learning or discovering things about themselves.

I've been told by people that I am a very intense person. I think a lot, and I'm always inside my own head. I'm very sensitive to people's body language and I'm observant. I always prefer to talk about things instead of going to bed angry. I don't like leaving things unresolved. I'm a very honest person, and I despise people who lie in order to escape guilt or to shirk their responsibilities. I was a police officer for a short time, an experience that left me feeling jaded. It left me feeling like the majority of people are extremely selfish and dishonest, and it's a very difficult, lonely, humbling pill to swallow. I guess you could say that I lost a little faith in humanity.

I value maturity in people a great deal, and I expect people to take responsibility for things that they say and do to others. I consider people to be valuable and a core tenet of my moral belief system is that people are *not* disposable and should never be treated like trash. You shouldn't be reckless with people's hearts, and you shouldn't tolerate people that are reckless with yours.

Ever since moving to this new town up in the mountains, I've found it extremely hard to make new friends. I am turning 29 on March 6th. I feel very alone and I have very little in common with the average person. I'm just looking for a connection. I want to talk to someone that has similar outlooks on life and similar interests. Someone with a passion for discussing and debating things and learning that isn't scared to be criticized or challenged. I want to talk to someone who can be on my level and drive me to feel motivation and passion.

Other than that, I'm extremely friendly, and I don't bite. If I sound appealing as a person, message me.

It's lonely up here in the mountains.

Latest posts

Back