looking for loyalty... from both ends!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lolz... im loyal, or i was, when i was involved in sm sort of "so-called" relationships
been dumped twice for no reason... literally! i mean cmon! if u wanna break up, atleast tell me why?! no angels r gonna whisper ur reasons intop my head when im asleep! :p

anyways, all thats ancient history... and life goes on, and so does my search! it seems that this site was made just fr me! ^_^

There are girls of course :) but probably just as rare as the guys who can be 100% loyal too.

na...i doubt there is anyone loyal these day...lol
or maybe to be loyal u just have to love the person to death or somth

GeminiGurliex said:
... probably just as rare as the guys who can be 100% loyal too.

That is a scary thought.

How do You define loyalty? Are You referring to a woman who can stand by Your side until death do You part or a woman who never would refuse Your friendship? For two people to be together forever, in a close relationship i mean, it either requires alot of hard work or luck of having similar thoughts and wishes through the years. "Loyalty" isn't exactly a good word to use in that theme, is it? Friendship and love doesn't have to do with loyalty rather than mutual respect and giving to the other person what You want from him/her, does it? Why should a woman, or a man, stay together with someone if they feel they can't gain anything from the friendship? If You want a woman to stay loyal and to give You what You want, You have to do the very same. "Loyalty" makes it sound more like a slave & commander kind of motive.

Love is meant to fly, which includes leaving one branch for another if the first branch is about as loving as... as a branch. ;) Friendship isn't as demanding, but easy come easy go. Social contacts of all sorts is work, which must mean that the harder we work, the longer they'll last.

If one person isn't part of the dreams that another person has, do You think that the second person should sacrifice his/her only life for the other one simply to stay "loyal", and let his/her dreams flush out in the ocean?

hmm... thats another perspective i need to keep in mind! :p
but no, by loyalty i just mean being "loyal"... as in smone i can completely trust, and smone whom i know will never cheat on me... or leave me fr someone else saying "i got bored with u" or smthing like that...

exeronorama said:
hmm... thats another perspective i need to keep in mind! :p
but no, by loyalty i just mean being "loyal"... as in smone i can completely trust, and smone whom i know will never cheat on me... or leave me fr someone else saying "i got bored with u" or smthing like that...
That happens to the best of us. Loyalty has different definitions for everyone. I mean recently I read this book about adultery and Russians don't believe that flings that take place on a beach is adultery. lol.
I know where you are coming from. You have to be ready to trust and be loyal on your end to meet someone like this. Since you and me have been lied and cheated on, we keep meeting people alike who are scared to open up. Thus you get the same old result in the end. lol.

its funny u know... how even now i liked some one and just as history may repeat itself, it began wid "i'm busy i'll talk to u later" and now its ended with "get out of my life"... and here i am back at the same place, wondering where is it that i am truely goin wrong?! its not that i do anything unethical.. but still things to do wid relationships, they just never work out wid me.. heh, i wonder whom shud i blame for this other than myself! ^_^

GeminiGurliex said:
... probably just as rare as the guys who can be 100% loyal too.

I'm such a guy, but talk is cheap... right?

On a side note, I am available... I just haven't posted here yet. I will someday, when the words come to me.

i dont understand it anymore coz simply ppl are different , but i agree with some here ..what is loyal exactly . for me i fall in love to just end up being hurt all the time.
have i been loyal to the ppl i was with ...i guess i am, in my definition i was , but i am sure in some of there definitions i wasnt
thats life , just live it and hope u meet someone where u have common thoughts and love . u never know.

it just hurt always because ppl give u signals u open up to them . u open ur heart , then like that they jump on different wagon when they see someone else , makes u feel uncertain and so much hurt but . what can we do other than move on.
i dont know another solution atleast even when it gets so frustrating and hard to beath

Well theres a difference between love and passion. Passion shifts up and down, love is constant. The relationships of those who only know passion eventually end, and with each new one the sensation of keeping it together is weakened. Those who seek loyalty seek love, but love is about giving and accepting the other person for who they are. So for someone to be loyal they should have a strong desire to make it work. If they like the idea of having a lot of lovers in their life (just not all at once) then when the passion is on a down point they may leave.

All of us have the capacity for great growth and change. Its possible to explore all these things with a different lover or with the same one. So what then are the best qualities to look for?

Open mind, Deep feelings, Capacity to enjoy similar interests, Commitment (and the desire to stay together) Kind and Humble attitude. Well thats what I look for anyway, and I'm amazed whenever I encounter it. Appearance isn't important to me, but I admit I am drawn to long dark hair.

Latest posts

Back