Looking for online gaming pals!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midnight_Feather said:
When warhammer online comes out i would be really interested to meet anyone from the forum on there and maybe starrt our own guild :) im pretty much a RTS player but dont get online very often usually play single player, but i am on the RA3 beta online which is pretty good when that comes out would be interested to play ppl :)
my email is [email protected] if anyone is interested

midnight I would love to join you on war hammer but my computer can't even run warhammer on minimum setting, and if you want to see if you can run warhammer, go to www.systemrequirementlab.com or just google it. It an amazing piece of technology, and if I knew off this site earlier, I would have never waste my money on call of duty 4.

I have been following warhammer online ever since mythic took it on mainly because i am a big warhammer nut, i love the IP but i only actually play warhammer 40k atleast with minatures that is as well as the DoW series not really looking forward to DoW2 though

Midnight_Feather said:
I have been following warhammer online ever since mythic took it on mainly because i am a big warhammer nut, i love the IP but i only actually play warhammer 40k atleast with minatures that is as well as the DoW series not really looking forward to DoW2 though
I like the Warhammer franchise, because Blizzard borrow heavenly on it, but it not gonna beat world of warcraft mainly because it is publish by EA games. The Lord of the Ring Online is a great games, but it was gear toward the pve, and I believe Mythic new mmorpg will be gear toward pvp which will lose half off the audience, where as wow is gear for all type of player and doesn't require a really good computer to run it.

I am very happy for you to be able to play warhammer and if I had a better computer, you could bet that I would be one of the first to jump the gun and by the special edition one with give me access to the beta, but after seeing that my computer didn't even meet the game minimum requirement I am gonna have to pass on it. Until guid wars 2 come out, i won't be upgrading my computer soon, as it been my definite game I am looking forward to the most, even though I don't see any game on horizon that can beat wow unless it is wow 2 or a pokemon mmorpg which won't happen though would be extremely cool when pokemon first started. I have never started a game as one of the first people, so it a disappointment for me, and I'm very excited for you to be able to play the game you have been waiting. I know once guid wars 2 come out or even the first preview of it gameplay, I'm gonna be so excited for it. Until I find a job, i won't have the money to upgrade or probably replace my old computer.

Well i have a fair lot of issues with WoW and is pretty fair to say i frown on it, WAR (warhammer online) has lots of pve and pvp content alot of it really good, and at comicon it won most anticepated game award etc, as for being ownd by ea i think everyone had alot of reservations but ea left its dirty little hands out of the development process and let mythic keep doing its stuff, you should check out the website if u havent already

go warhammer :p

Midnight_Feather said:
Well i have a fair lot of issues with WoW and is pretty fair to say i frown on it, WAR (warhammer online) has lots of pve and pvp content alot of it really good, and at comicon it won most anticepated game award etc, as for being ownd by ea i think everyone had alot of reservations but ea left its dirty little hands out of the development process and let mythic keep doing its stuff, you should check out the website if u havent already

go warhammer :p

The problem I see with EA attitude toward gaming is that it always about the benjamin, and they want to release an item as fast as they can to the market even though it full of bug and glitch. Take Blizzard for an example, Starcraft Ghost was not up to Blizzard standard so they abandon that whole game knowing far well ahead then it wouldn't satisfied the consumer, if ea made that game, they would cash in the check as soon as possible.

I generally tend to agree with you there especially in the case of the Total war series in which medieval total war the first one has so by far been the best one for game play, all they do is concentrate on graphics and ignore the campaign, ... but in the the case of mythic the pressure to release is from the fans as mythic has already pushed back the release date and they do not want to release an unfinished product, they did have to remove some content as they saw it as being unfinished and have decided to add it in patches later on once they have finished and polished it, you just have to watch some of paul barnets blogs and videos to see that ea has pretty much left mythic to its own devices besides letting it have access to ea's money

Midnight_Feather said:
I generally tend to agree with you there especially in the case of the Total war series in which medieval total war the first one has so by far been the best one for game play, all they do is concentrate on graphics and ignore the campaign, ... but in the the case of mythic the pressure to release is from the fans as mythic has already pushed back the release date and they do not want to release an unfinished product, they did have to remove some content as they saw it as being unfinished and have decided to add it in patches later on once they have finished and polished it, you just have to watch some of paul barnets blogs and videos to see that ea has pretty much left mythic to its own devices besides letting it have access to ea's money

That a very good start for EA to redeem themselves as the worst game publisher. If what your saying is true, then Warhammer should be the most anticipated mmorpg game to date. I'm guessing you are checking game footage and screenshot often? Too many sleepless night I presume? :D

Well have fun man, for now wow will keep me company until school start if everything go according to plan, I should have some friends:)

I game online occasionally. Steam, Xbox Live, and PSN. My studies and age has slowed me down quite a bit this year, however.

not that i game much online anymore

Mostly noted for my char name - Onerrath in a few mmorpgs that i dont really go on anymore.

But im on Battlefield Bad Company - PS3 - named as Kruhk - if anyones on this give me a holla.

Qui said:
...Anyone play Starcraft on Battle.net?

omg i love that gameeeeeeeeeee
i flunked all my first year in univeristy in 1999 coz of it lol

**** koreans used to kick my ass in laddar games !!! :p

hahaha i miss those days so much
i cant wait for starcraft 2

atm i play world of warcraft til sc2 comes !!

I played World of Warcraft for a while, until the whole sellout with zhevra's, trading cards, arena's, daily quests bit took over and cheapen the game.

Im "playing" Warhammer online now and i dont recommend it, its an unfinished game by people who no talent.

would be nice to get some kinda game we all can play

Unfinished game by people with no talent? You must be thinking of WoW for warhammer online is finished with only a few classes to be released which they are very shortly, and mythic as well as games workshop did a great job on it sticking closely with the warhammer IP/story, and as far as the game goes its alot better than WoW, the content and playstyle is great, having gotten upto T3 and T4 im quite happy with the game. If you dont like it go back to WoW or counterstrike

From what i have observed there are those who 1) know WAR sucks as it stands, and 2) those who deny it sucks because they love the Warhammer universe.

Dont get me wrong, i love the warhammer 40k universe and the jump from 40k to fantasy isnt much of a transition. Warhammer online as it stands has so many problems which im more then happy to share with you if your willing to read.

First off the graphics, as "good" as they are (and ill admit the graphics are awesome) ARE in fact incomplete, trying jumping on bench in the game with odd fixtures (lets say a lamp) to the bench and get off. Most of the time your character will get momentarily "stuck" in the bench which would require you to run around a little bit to get unstuck and this is just one example, try to get behind buildings to avoid mobs (all of avelorn, Dark elf line near high elf buildings) and more often then not you'll be forced to autounstuck/log if you try to get behind towers to reach a certain mob. And there are many more examples i know you can provide but wont admit. As a DoK, spammming khaine's embrace espically if im interuppting my own spells to cast infuse essence my character would be stuck looking like its casting khaine's embrace with that giant red crater graphic around me, this is completely unacceptable, it would be ok a few years ago maybe but not now.

Instant cast abilties are not always "instant," (engineer hip shot on a delay?), and lets not get started on morale activated abilties, 1/2 the time they dont even go off, espically when you need it the most, As a Witch Hunter I NEED rank 1 morale- sever nerve to go off when i click it, not to see some stupid gray "59s" or "0s" counting down when i clearly have click the button. As a DoK, my morale rank 1 big heal (name of the spell i dont recall) has the same problem.

Classes are not unique, if your fooled that this game gave players 20 classes to play with, and 2 more coming december your an idoit, sadly there are many who are convinced that the kiss system is completely differnt to the execution system, and blood essence is differnt from holy light (i think). The classes are not balanced at all, solo OR group (case in point, bright wizards). All this game is about is dotting players to death and trying to burst one or two abilies when they are near death. Tanks, although a great concept for this game at first is worthless T3 and above, some might argue with me on that but once you get to T3 tanks seem to have forgotten what guard does anyways.

Scenario's are poorly planned and designed. whoever designed Tor Anroc should be shot. Great care WAS put in creating the tier 1 scenario's but after that the rest was rushed. Please, please try and convince me that Talabac Dam and Black fire crater were "well thought out scenario's." Just.... try becasue even you know they are complete honeysuckle. Oh and RvR is a joke, i know playing these games require a pretty pathethic life in the first place but to wait for RvR to happen (which is 7-9 pm my server time every night at best only) in which the majority of the time RvR occurs its in 5-10 min keep sieges (of which the sieges dont go on for more then 20 mins if its in prime time)? The thought and design of it was utterly terrible, im sure it was great in the DaoC as everyone says but apparently they didnt hire the orginal designers and settled on loud mouth british failures like mark jacobs.

Im not dissing the warhammer world, i love the warhammer univerise but the design of THIS game is just so bad its not funny (or fun). Love this game as much as you want but im saying right now this game IS dying unless there are huge overhauls taken very soon (and i dont mean 1.0.5., giving everyone more damage and increasing duration of HoTs (without buffing willpower or healing powers) is a step in the rigth direction. This last patch's only correct thing they done was give players a 5 sec root immunity after the first root, but quite frankly its not enough to make the game fun.

If you dont believe me, or dont want to, you can just watch as people leave little by little and in another month or two only die hard warhammer/ gamesworkshop fans will be left playing. if its a small niche of players you want in warhammer online you'll get it soon enough, i mean the japanese have ffxi, i guess the island people of britian and criminals from austraila get warhammer online.

As for the WoW / CS comment, WoW i believe has done a great dis-service to the mmo genre by streamlining everything and selling out the essence of the game like crazy but one thing they have done is set a standard in mmo's, I believe Warhammer Online simply does not meet that standard and are years behind it. As for Counterstrike, i would say Counterstrike itself has set the standard of first person shooters for years. Anyone who plays FPS knows what de_dust is and can figure out what "b 2 b 1 b 6 b 8 b 2" means i think, thats one hell of a standard if you ask me.

jus ps3 computers whack dont run so well. My psn is jusawiseguy lol i know i know ud be surprised but ya hit me up if anyones on psn

Latest posts

Back