Lost my chance

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedAugust

Reaction score
So I started college last year, and I met a girl, hung out and all that but she never gave me her number, or email.

While on a break, I realised I had a crush on this girl, I was looking forward to coming back this year, I'll tell her how I felt maybe I wont screw up and then everything will go great, but she's not there this year, She wont be coming back and I have no way to get in contact with her.

I feel like I just lost my one chance to actually be happy with someone, I feel like absolute honeysuckle right now...

Seems like she's the only one, but just like you started to like her, you'll begin to like another female. Don't give up.

Frozen, you're just as bad now as you were before. If you want to be negative, please keep it to yourself.

RedAugust said:
So I started college last year, and I met a girl, hung out and all that but she never gave me her number, or email.

While on a break, I realised I had a crush on this girl, I was looking forward to coming back this year, I'll tell her how I felt maybe I wont screw up and then everything will go great, but she's not there this year, She wont be coming back and I have no way to get in contact with her.

I feel like I just lost my one chance to actually be happy with someone, I feel like absolute honeysuckle right now...

It's a lot better to ask for a girl's number or email than to hope that she gives it to you. I know it may be tough right now, but you can't allow yourself to think this was your only chance to be happy with someone. There are so many women out there I'm certain you'll find one you like just as much and she'll like you too.

AFrozenSoul said:
Good you realized it. I say just give up and learn to at least be content with yourself. Because nothing good comes from a relationship

You do need to be content with yourself, but that doesn't mean giving up. If you want to be successful in dating, you need to have a little bit of patience. You will also need some confidence. If you want to be confident you have to understand that you are looking for what you want. Don't be anxious and worry about trying to be exactly what every girl is looking for. It doesn't work. Everyone is different. So be yourself. Approach anyone you're interested in and get to know them. You can tell pretty quickly if you're attracted to someone's personality. If you're not, then move on, but don't ever give up.

Use this as a learned lesson. So you don't commit the same mistake again. :D

Good luck.

@Jesse: You mistake me for the typical forum goer here. I have learned that I only want one thing from women. That one thing is not worth the investment to obtain. I am more than capable of simulating that one thing on my own. It is a good thing, because even if I was your typical forum poster. I would be screwed because no female is attracted to me. They only see me as free meals, free drinks, or a place holder so they can escape the stigma of being single. So I am quitting so I don't embarrass myself by getting used. Sadly your advice does not apply to a defective human like me. So please do not lie to me and pretend it is helping advice.

@VanillaCreme: Not all thoughts are positive. That is just how life works. Just tune out my comments if you don't like them.

AFrozenSoul said:
@Jesse: You mistake me for the typical forum goer here. I have learned that I only want one thing from women. That one thing is not worth the investment to obtain. I am more than capable of simulating that one thing on my own. It is a good thing, because even if I was your typical forum poster. I would be screwed because no female is attracted to me. They only see me as free meals, free drinks, or a place holder so they can escape the stigma of being single. So I am quitting so I don't embarrass myself by getting used. Sadly your advice does not apply to a defective human like me. So please do not lie to me and pretend it is helping advice.

You're a victim of your own irrational logic. Even if all you want from a woman is sex, telling yourself that no woman is attracted to you is irrational. I just learned in my psychology class today about a study that was done. In the study, women were shown pictures of men that they found to be physically attractive. The women were asked if they would go home and have sex with that man without knowing anything about him other than what he looks like. 0% of women said that they would. They did the same study on men. They showed the men pictures of women that they found physically attractive. They then asked the men if they would go home and have sex with that woman without knowing anything else about them. 75% of men said that they would.

Physical attraction has been shown to be much more important to men than it is women. Why is it that you only want sex? Most women aren't looking for a man purely for sex so if you limit yourself to only wanting that you will be less successful. Aside from the fact that physical attraction isn't as big of a deal to women as men believe, it is still irrational to declare that no woman would find you attractive. You're making that choice for them without even giving them a chance. You're responsible for your own lack of success because of these things you've placed on yourself. I used to do the exact same thing man. You have to quit it or you'll never get anything that you want.

You're own logic- All I want is sex. All women don't find me attractive. I am a defective human being. No women would want to have sex with me. What has made you decide these things? Have you asked out every woman in the world to know that each one of them feels this way about you? Have you considered that it isn't what you look like, but your attitude that is unattractive?

@Jesse: I will keep this short to avoid further hijacking this thread. If you want to discuss this further please PM me. I have my reasons for thinking the way I do. I can say that women want nothing to do with me in general. Not just that none want to sleep with me. It is just a fact of life. Anyone can see me and know I am defective. People don't want to associate with a loser like me.

Second, that survey must have had a real small sample and conservative sample group to get a 0%. Means you should probably not take it too seriously.

AFrozenSoul said:
@Jesse: I will keep this short to avoid further hijacking this thread. If you want to discuss this further please PM me. I have my reasons for thinking the way I do. I can say that women want nothing to do with me in general. Not just that none want to sleep with me. It is just a fact of life. Anyone can see me and know I am defective. People don't want to associate with a loser like me.

Second, that survey must have had a real small sample and conservative sample group to get a 0%. Means you should probably not take it too seriously.

I would gladly continue this conversation in pm's. I think we can have some productive results.

you wanna know what i would do? i'd look for her. i would ask around campus for her. i would find out who her friends are and ask them if they could put me in contact with her. i would take every detail that i know about her and piece them together to help me find her. that's the way it used to be before facebook, before twitter, before myspace, etc.

today it's as simple as typing her name into a social media network's page in order to find her, but for holdout's like me who are from the old school, this way is just a'boring. if you like this chick, go get her. maybe she just moved to another college that's still nearby where you are.

...and remember, next time ask for her number or e-mail!

i wish you luck on your ventures.

freedom said:
you wanna know what i would do? i'd look for her. i would ask around campus for her. i would find out who her friends are and ask them if they could put me in contact with her. i would take every detail that i know about her and piece them together to help me find her. that's the way it used to be before facebook, before twitter, before myspace, etc.

today it's as simple as typing her name into a social media network's page in order to find her, but for holdout's like me who are from the old school, this way is just a'boring. if you like this chick, go get her. maybe she just moved to another college that's still nearby where you are.

...and remember, next time ask for her number or e-mail!

i wish you luck on your ventures.
^ this if you care for her try and find her. It shouldn't be to hard. Facebook is a good start. Or go to her friends from school ask about her. Get her number and give her a call maybe. What's the worst that could happen. Good luck

AFrozenSoul said:
@VanillaCreme: Not all thoughts are positive. That is just how life works. Just tune out my comments if you don't like them.

You're constantly negative. And you honestly wonder why people don't want to bother with you? Life isn't bitter.

You're in school. However nice this girl was, there are better women that you can meet. So use this as a learning lesson, and the next time you see a girl you fancy take some action.

Latest posts

Back