Love is a cruel joke

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VanillaCreme said:
Drew88 said:
VanillaCreme said:
When people go to school, they don't always sit there with their eyeballs strained and drying out to focus on the class. That's what Skye's point was... Sure, they focus, but having a conversation with someone isn't that far-fetched just because they're in class. You could be a valedictorian and still socialize in school. Talking to someone in class doesn't mean you lose focus of being in school. It's a social setting, is what the point was...

Thats my problem, I just can not take a class and casually talk to a girl. I can not be "just friends" with her if she isn't a minor, taken, or older, for me its all or nothing. Why waste the time?

Well, that's a sorry attitude to have... Just because you don't get anything out of it doesn't mean it's a waste of time. You expect to ride off into the sunset with the very first girl you say hi to? I mean, just talking to a person wouldn't hurt. Build up whatever social skills you feel you need. Make a friend or two. It's not all useless... gosh.

Maybe not, but for me it can be. If I was to becomes "friends" with just a girl and nothing ever happens, then I still deal with the pain of not having anyone and god forbids if she find anyone before me. The self pain is not worth it.

Like I said, I meet single female friends before, but am no longer in contact with them because ether A) I didn't bother asking to try to go a date or B)there was no point.

well, then you say "well there doesn't have to be things between you, you can do other things together just being friends as well supporting each other" and to that I "thats what I have other guy friends for who I have more in common with then I could with any girl that is just a friend.

Everything you say there Drew is still being totally hooked up on the idea of someone potentially being a partner, it is all about relationships.

Try and look at what you are saying from a different subjective view... One that does not mean everything you do or think in regards to being social or has that has females involved atleast, involves getting in a relationship.

I think you should try and let life and social situation flow, let friendship form without a burden of pressumption in any way.

I know what it is like when so many around you seem happy in relationships and get in them easily and such. I mean getting in a relationship and things related are shoved in our face everyday and everywhere. I used to think similarly to how you think but recently I came to the realization that I was thinking about relationships so much that it was stunting my ability to just socialize with the opposite sex like a normal person.

Instead of Posting a new thread echoing the sentiment of what the OP was about, I am just going to bump this thread.

I've been in 2 relationship since I 1st posted this thread, and I have to say that I could agree more with the title.

Love is a Joke, an elusiveness dream. All we care about as humans is ourselves. Relationships are nothing but pain

Latest posts

Back