Love is crazy!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremi

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share a story about my dramatic encounter with love, and how it turned my life upside down (Well, slightly dramatic and kind of upside down)

This is about a woman at my work. She started a couple of years back, and when I first worked with her it wasn't love at first sight or anything like that. Sure, we talked to eachother and got along pretty well, but it wasn't until a year after (About 1 and a half year ago) that I started developing these feelings for her. I can't describe how it happened, or why. I think I got to work a lot more with her during that time and got to know her better. I can tell you this. Every time I thought that I'd been in love up to that point was nothing compared to how I felt about her. It was something not of this world. Every second I got to spend with her was like a gift from god. Nothing else mattered, and I just counted the days until I would see her again, thinking about her all the time. I just can't explain it very good in words. It was such an amazing feeling, and at the same time, it was hell.

Of course, I never had the guts to tell her about these wonderful feelings. I thought in my naive mind that if I just talked to her enough and showed my interests in her life, then maybe she would notice. Maybe she would like me. Well, I did, and it didn't get me anywhere. Most of the time I felt like a real idiot around her, getting nervous and saying random stuff. Sometimes I thought I was way too obvious, but I didn't want her to know what I was doing. (Brilliant strategy!) I remember one moment very clear. A moment of brief eye contact that doesn't sound like much but felt special. I was looking at her doing her work, she looked up at me, and we looked at each other for a couple of seconds before we both looked away. This happened another time. I wanted to mention it, because I thought they were pretty strong moments, and that maybe, just maybe, there was a connection between us. I actually wrote a diary during this time, and I can't believe my eyes when I read it. It's so cheesy! Either I was in love, or totally insane!

This went on for some months. One day, I overheard my boss mentioning that she was going to quit at the end of the summer. That wasn't easy to hear. I learned that she would be moving for studies. I just... couldn't believe it. This woman had consumed my mind for almost half a year, and now she would disappear from my life. I knew that if I wanted to let her know how I felt, I had to do it soon, but I couldn't tell her. I continued to talk to her as much as I could. There was so much I wanted to tell her the last day I worked with her. So much I'd planned to say. I did tell her that I was really going to miss her, but the final goodbye was an awkward mess. That was the last time I saw her for a long time.

The months after she left were awful. I felt like honeysuckle. Nothing mattered anymore, and I just knew that I would never feel that way about another person again. Time went by and I forced myself to forget about her. It didn't make me happier, but at least I didn't have to think about her all the time. Life moved on. I was talking to my boss one day about half a year ago, and he casually said "Oh, <she> called me yesterday. She wanted to come back to work this summer". I told him "Oh... cool", but inside I was more like "WFT?! Please tell me you're joking!" I don't know why I felt that way. I tried so hard to forget about her, and I couldn't bear the thought of having to work with her again while being polite and pretending like nothing is wrong. Pretty selfish, I know. I was so mad that day. At her and at myself. I wasn't looking forward to summer =/

Then one wonderful day during easter break she visited work. The moment I saw her it was like someone flicked a swich in my mind. All those feelings came pouring back. I wasn't mad anymore. It was amazing to see her again. I even got a hug. (Best hug ever!) There I was again, nervous and talking like an idiot. Oh, good times! It was actually nice. She sticked around for a while, and we got to talk for some time, though awkward as it was. When she left, I felt great. Fantastic, in fact! I'd really missed that feeling. I was in love again, and I loved it. Of course I also felt pretty torn, because I wouldn't be seeing her again for months. This was a rough period, because I couldn't get her out of my mind. I thought about her day and night. I was going crazy! AGAIN! It came to a point where I felt that I really had to talk to someone about this, and being a lonely person that I am, that's easier said than done. I decided to tell another woman at my work. This woman is a very kind person, and the only one I've ever trusted enough to talk about some deeper feelings with. It wasn't easy, but I told her about it and who it was. I've never ever talked about my feelings like this before, and for me, it was a huge step! She was very supportive. It didn't solve my problems, but It was a big relief that someone else knew about it. But I was still going crazy, and I just couldn't wait until the day I would see her again

I went to Prague in May, and being away from home like that gave me way too much time to think. I remember on the plane down when i was listening to music, all I could think about was how the lyrics of each song would fit into love letters that I could send to her if we were together. Ugh! I got this idea when i was laying in the bathtub back at the hotel, that maybe I could send a letter to her now. You know, a good old fashioned letter. That way I could tell her exactly how I felt with the right words without the awkwardness. I immediately started writing lines in my head. My mind was consumed by the idea of that letter for the rest of my vacation. When i got home I went straight to the store and bought some fancy pencils, paper, and letters. I got home, sat down for five hours and wrote like posessed. The only problem was my handwriting, but it had to do, because I really wanted it to be written by me, and not the computer. The results were five very honest pages about my feelings for her. I went straight to the mail-box and posted it. It was certainly one of those "Well, this is it" moments of life. Funny thing is, I wrote in the letter that "I know I'll get so much anxiety after I've posted this letter, but it doesn't matter!" but when I had posted the letter I got such a rush! The following days I was KING OF THE FRIKKIN' WORLD! I've never felt so good in my life. So alive, so happy! But would it last?

About three days later I got a text message on my phone. It was freaky, I was holding it in my hand at that moment. I saw her name, and my heart took a leap. All those feelings, all that happiness had come down to this, and I didn't want to open it. I sat there for 15 minutes with the phone in my hand and my heart pumping.

Just a side note here. I send a 5 page HAND-WRITTEN letter, and she respond with a text message on the phone? **** technology!

I opened the message and read it. "I got your letter and you're a nice guy ect but I have no feelings for you ect ect see you this summer!" I have to say that I knew the chances were slim at best, even if I really hoped. I just wanted to tell her how I felt, and I did. I wasn't surprised by the answer, but it was still very hard to read. That was it. And 15 minutes later I had to go to work, and I can tell you I was in no good mood to work. I was like a zombie. I couldn't even pretend to be in a good mood. A couple of hours later I actually started to look at it on the bright side and thought that it wasn't the end of the world. Quite the opposite in fact. Now I could finally put this behind me. I did, and that's when the real blow came. I Back on square zero. Everything felt meaningless again, and I had nothing to look forward to. I got over her, but oh, how I miss that feeling of being in love. Both the good and the bad.

I still had one problem to deal with. I would be working with her in the beginning of June. What do you say to someone after that? That's the price you pay for sending a letter like that. I got about a month to figure out an opening. I knew I had to bring it up straight away in a humorous manner just to say "It's over, but we're cool right?". I couldn't stand the thought of acting like it didn't happened. When the day came I was so nervous while driving to work I was shaking. That moment when we first saw each other was so awkward, and we could just say "Hi!" because the boss was there with us. Later when I got the chance I told her that it was really nice to see her again, even if my face is probably looking like a tomato. She said that she thought I was really brave to send that letter, which was nice to hear. And that's the end. We never talked about it again. We worked together a couple of weeks during the summer. Not so awkward as I feared. We got over it pretty fast. Even had a couple of good laughs, just like old times! Now I think she's moved again. I didn't get to say goodbye to her and I don't care to be honest. Those feelings are gone now.

So that's my little love story. I'm really happy that I wrote that letter, because I know I would've regretted it for the rest of my life if I hadn't. It's been a couple of months but it feels like another lifetime. I can't imagine how I could ever get these feelings for another person again, but I guess it can happend at any time, any place. That's how this mess started! And I'd love to do it all again! ^^

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for sharing. It was nice to read your experience, although you felt so torn at times. Shame it never worked out but good on you for sending the letter. It was nice to read such a positive ending...yes, meeting another person that you'll have feelings for can happen at any time and any place.

And when it happens I hope you'll share once again. :)

aww Jeremi. (((((hugs)))))

Thanks for sharing so much with us!! Your story was sad, but made me smile, all at the same time.

Good to see you again, by the way! :)

I really enjoyed that, thank you for sharing. I must say, i like that you sent a hand written letter, it may not have worked but im sure almost anyone would love to recicive one.

Good Luck

Happy Hunting

yeah it was better for you to have sent the letter, at least you know now how she feels about you. Ah well, love is indeed crazy. It makes us do things that we wouldn't normally do.

Nice post, my personal thing is that sentence is perfect right because of many people take friends for granted. Some time go after they has between close relationship and then create the miss understanding between.So I agree with sentence.

I was going to offer some helpful advice, but then I realized that I hadn't actually read the OP's post.

Ahh well.

There's always next time.

Latest posts

Back