Love is the answer

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobgarden

Reaction score
Throughout the history of human life.One question has always puzzled people on the subject of love.What is love and where does it come from.
My views on love are quite strong on,how it has come about and the huge benefits one receives from from this natural feeling.

Love is an unselfish behaviour,where you are more inclined to show the love towards others and the surroundings,without expecting something back in return.A natural behavioural practice of giving to others is far more pleasureable then to expect something back in return,because of what love does to someone.lt rejoices with the truth of what one feels inside when that person has received a token of true love.

Love naturally draws a person that shows a natural effection of what true love is.You feel more secure and confident inside knowing the love that one is receiving has the natural strength that bonds a love together,which makes one feel more secure in life with each other.

Sometimes it can be hard to show your love to one another through unforeseen circumstances in life.love conquers all things bad and will mend the ways one is seeking in life.lt is well worth it to persue a love around you,because of what one gains by being more loved by what is around you.

We are influenced by the signals we receive from who is around us.A signal of love will encourage a mental wealth that leads to a healthy life with each other and the earth.That is why l always mention that to give a token of love is far better then expect to receive something.lf everyone had this understanding,the world will be filled with love.

The real happiness in life is cultivating a love that is unselfish and will strengthen a bond of trust in the human society that leads to world peace for all to enjoy in harmony.

This is a great thread. I'm going to read every post again and bask in it's glory. I'm not sure how much of it I agree with, but I sure as hell am not going to post an objection.:cool:

I think that the problem with "love" is that it is just a word to fit a vast spectrum of emotions. Some love can be selfish, yes, and some can be unhealthy. I think most love expects something in return, because if it didn't then no-one would ever ask anyone out ...

I also think that Virgil's "love conquers all" is untrue and a lot of tragedy in life comes from this simple fact. I like the idea of world peace but it won't happen unless humans themselves change. As long as there is darkness in human nature, there will be darkness in world leaders and their populations.

I think that our ugly, jealous side needs to be accepted. The truth is that conflict will always exist as long as resources are inequal. Furthermore, while there is persecution in the world conflict should be seen as a viable option to prevent genocide etc.

It's nice to think about how pleasant love is - but there are so many different types of love (some inappropriate, some doomed, some absurd) that I think it is simplistic to see it as a healing force. Where love leads to happiness, it may be said to be positive: but then we are reduced to saying that happiness is positive, which is tautological.

Peace,

LB

ExtensivexLDL said:
Unacceptance said:
What if you love carnage, turmoil and death?

Then you're messed in the head. Get thee to a shrink.

That's kind of judgmental. What if they just like the stuff, or are comfortable with it?

little_buddha said:
I think that the problem with "love" is that it is just a word to fit a vast spectrum of emotions. Some love can be selfish, yes, and some can be unhealthy. I think most love expects something in return, because if it didn't then no-one would ever ask anyone out ...
l have to disagree with that.We express our selves with words,but the word love is really is a feeling one gets from the touch of love

I also think that Virgil's "love conquers all" is untrue and a lot of tragedy in life comes from this simple fact. I like the idea of world peace but it won't happen unless humans themselves change. As long as there is darkness in human nature, there will be darkness in world leaders and their populations.
The people with the true feelings of love have accustomed themselves to the understanding of what love is,are targeted by unscrupulous people by grooming their minds in their favour.Because of the vulnerability they have opened themselves up to these evil minds.They take advantage of the kindness from the loving people by grooming the minds in their favour

I think that our ugly, jealous side needs to be accepted. The truth is that conflict will always exist as long as resources are inequal. Furthermore, while there is persecution in the world conflict should be seen as a viable option to prevent genocide etc.
l disagree with the jealous being being accepted.This means that wicked minds have the advantage and will conquer over love.
Conflicts are only caused by selfishness and arrogance and should not be seen as the solution as options to genocide.This again gives the evil minds power over what is the real true solution towards world peace and understanding.LOVE is a qualification in the understanding towards peace.lf everyone had the attitude of by doing the right thing in giving of yourself to others,then l can guarantee 100% the worldly population will be at peace with one another

It's nice to think about how pleasant love is - but there are so many different types of love (some inappropriate, some doomed, some absurd) that I think it is simplistic to see it as a healing force. Where love leads to happiness, it may be said to be positive: but then we are reduced to saying that happiness is positive, which is tautological.
Yes,you are right,but l see love as the same ,but with different levels.To love your partner is completely different in loving the enviourment and also to love people is different in loving the wildlife.
There all at different levels,but the feeling is really the same,,a feeling of what love is.ls to be true in what you feel towards the surrounding area's and the community of people..True Love only comes in one form but has the ability to transfer to false love for the use of selfish reasons

Peace,

LB

I love spaces after periods. >_>
Spaces after periods give Kevin time to breathe.
And Kevin loves breathing.
Therefore Kevin loves spaces after periods.

And you can very well love someone else without loving yourself first. I do it all the time.

There are many different kinds of love that are so different that they don't deserve the same name. Does love for one's country really have anything to do with what you feel for your wife? Chemically they are different: their origin, their meaning are all separate.

I don't think people who truly love necessarily understand what love is. I don't follow your "grooming minds", nor do I believe in evil people.

Accepting one's weakness doesn't mean that "evil forces will win". I'm sorry, but sometimes conflict is the only way to avoid genocide. I'd invade Rwanda a hudnred times over to stop those people getting killed, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in peace.

I think you have divided the world in your mind into good and evil, loving and selfish, peace and conflict. I don't think that a discussion over the internet will change that. All I can say is that nothing is ever simply what it is, but is many different things at once. Your evil may be another's good - also, your idea of evil may contain many things that are not themselves evil - and your idea of good seems to me (by not offering up resistance to genocide) to contain many things that are bad in it.

The simplest thing in the world has an infinite amount of facets to it. This gives it a power that we seek to harness by attaching a word to it, but in doing so we lose sight of its many facets and it has become merely a two-dimensional symbol to us. Your love is in many parts selfish: some of the things you call love are only connected by the word with which you bind and limit them. Love isn't the answer: it's the question.

Peace

LB

Interesting post, well written. It's definitely an interesting topic. My own belief is that love is simply one aspect of life, and hate, for example, is another. I think that it's important to understand and learn to harness all the different aspects in one way or another, instead of rejecting them.

On a personal level, knowledge, wisdom and understanding is more important than love to me. Of course, you could say that many of these things go hand in hand. Love can come from understanding and so on. :)

Love, in my opinion, is to care enough about another to bend over backwards for them without thought of a reward. All too often I think that the word is used to describe romantic adoration.

Real love, in the way that I define it, is the most demanding postion of responsibility that one can find themselves bound to in relation to another person.

LOVE is enternal.....it's an inside job then expands outward.

same as hate...hate comes from the inside and expands outward.

All too often bending over backwards, caring and loving Sherry through thick and thin.
People would try to define my love as co-dependency...
Nah..I know what love is...I love myself enough to not want to died...I value, cherish her life becuase i cherish mine.
I never hated myself for loving her...I might be worn out, angery and emotionally trumatized through it all
but i never stopped loving myself at the core of it all. I love Sherry just the same as the day I met
her..that part of me will never change. Though I'm just a man and not fucken jesus christ...
I need effections and love in return becuase I'm human.
I also know...as much as I love sherry....I love myself a 1000 times more.
There's plenty of Love in my tank. I know this.
I don't need faith...I know, I KNOW WHAT LOVE IS. I AM LOVE.

I don't need to beliving god...god beliving in me. I am truth..It is why god belive in me
I define my HP as unconditional love. I strieve to be that.
Through the years I've strieved to be that...not to judge Sherry
To love her through it all
To be by her side in the pit of despair
To be there with her when all of her families and friend didn't want to talk to her.
To be there by her side when the honeysuckle hitted the fan.
To be there when she needed a friend and someone to talk to.
Sherry didn't love me back...She didn't love me back.
Though it rips me to pieces...becuase i am just a man.
But deep inside of me...no matter how much i try to conveince myself to stop loving her. I can't, I'm not built that way.
I've been here before....I love my ex-wf the same as I've ever had..even though she's not with me today.
I love Michelle unconditionally with no strings attached..She was the love of my life..but i had to let her go..
becuase i love her uncondtionally without expecting anything in return.
Michelle also told me that she will love me forever that she never stopped loving me , even after we got a deviorced.
It was why I married her. She's built just like me. I know what love is.
errr...I was the crazy drunk in my marriage.

Surely...I'm capiable of doing the samething when it comes to sherry.

I know how to cut people out of my fucken life...it is not the samething.

Love is not mooshie feeling you feel all the time

It dosn't matter if you can't give what you don't have.
YOU GIVE WhAT YOU GOT or WHAT you ARE.
Whether it be love or hate...you give what you got.

Latest posts

Back