Love? Where?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drcynic

Reaction score
I've been alive for 22 years. I've never been hugged or kissed in a meaningful way. I have had no real time dating experience. I never dated. I tried, but no one ever wanted to date me. "You're nice and all, but I just don't see you as someone I could date" was usually the gentlest one.

Man, it was hard... It was lonely. All my life I just wanted love and affection. I turned to performing to get some sort of love from an audience... Anything at all for applause. Applause was like hugs and kisses.

Then I met my girlfriend online as a friend first, but it turned into real love. Real affection. I am lonely sometimes but being with her makes it easier. How I wish I knew what it was like to just hold her hand. Or anyone's hand before her. Not knowing anything makes it harder to imagine.

ah man I'm sorry to hear this, I can relate somewhat too, I've never had a girlfriend either :(

but you're not the only person your age in this situation, my roomate will be 20 in dec and she's never had a boyfriend before

we're all looking for one another

as for hugs and such, well just because I'm 19 a sophmore in college doesn't mean I'm too old for stuffed animals :)

they make good company for me at least, it's nice just having something soft to hold.

that's great you've found an online gf

:D

does she live far away?
would there be anyway you guys could meet halfway someplace?

try not to get too stressed you're an awesome guy, with dashing good looks ( don't ask me how I just know cuz I'm psychic :p)

you're still young you'll find someone, just chillax and be confident, because you are the honeysuckle,(as in awesome)

trust me the more you start to believe that the more other people with see how cool you are

I don't know if this counts, but here's a hug for you

*hugs*
kitten_hugs_poster-p228273706644317505t5ta_400.jpg

remember we're all in this together and I'm pulling for you

:)

evanescencefan91 said:
ah man I'm sorry to hear this, I can relate somewhat too, I've never had a girlfriend either :(

but you're not the only person your age in this situation, my roomate will be 20 in dec and she's never had a boyfriend before

we're all looking for one another

as for hugs and such, well just because I'm 19 a sophmore in college doesn't mean I'm too old for stuffed animals :)

they make good company for me at least, it's nice just having something soft to hold.

that's great you've found an online gf

does she live far away?
would there be anyway you guys could meet halfway someplace?

try not to get too stressed you're an awesome guy, with dashing good looks ( don't ask me how I just know cuz I'm psychic :p)

you're still young you'll find someone, just chillax and be confident, because you are the honeysuckle,(as in awesome)

trust me the more you start to believe that the more other people with see how cool you are

I don't know if this counts, but here's a hug for you

*hugs*
kitten_hugs_poster-p228273706644317505t5ta_400.jpg

remember we're all in this together and I'm pulling for you

:)

Hey. Thanks and all. :)

She's very far away. I like in Pittsburgh and she lives in Sydney as in New South Wales as in Australia lol :p

As for my looks. I'm posted in the pic department, but let's just say, that picture of the two cats could be a lot more descriptive than you think lol :p

Start saving up your pennies so you can fly down there and meet up with her some day. It might take a while, but it will be worth the wait when you actually get to see and hug her.

She's the one coming here. I was originally gonna go there, but we decided since it would cost more for me, given my size and the fact that I am afraid of flying whereas she's actually piloted a plane before, it was deemed easier. Only issue is she can't come till 2012.

Stop being nice...I guess :p
fresia thAT dude...chicks are dime a dozen.
The world is going 2 end @ 2012...remember? U member.... :)

I dont know why people say the world's going to end. MAYBE the human race will end, but thats not a big deal. Compared to the life of the planet, humans really haven't been around that long.

:p

Noone knows what the future holds, dude.

Maybe the aliens will pick up Aus and use it as a buffer between the UK and US and we can all band together and PARTY!!!

......that would be so coooool.

Stop that nonsense. The world's not gonna end in 2012. It won't end for billions upon billions of years until the sun expands into a Red Giant.

you're at an age and in a situation that will enable you to really enjoy and understand the simple pleasures of hugging and kissing.

you're on the right track, bro. best of luck!

Hi-
I hear you on feeling down because of the lack physical affection. I've been there too. It's in our DNA as humans. I believe that we can't live satisfactory lives without it.
I've learned that physical touch doesn't always have to come from a romantic partner.
I have some friends who seem to hug everyone who comes their way, but I'm not a big hugger. Maybe I should become one :D :D
Since my child was born, I've gotten my fill of physical touch. But if I didn't have her and I were still single, I would probably search out other ways, like volunteer at a nursery for premature babies (who need touch to thrive).
2012? That's a long time to wait. BTW, the world isn't going to end in 2012 :D How many other end-of-the-world predictions has humanity lived through, anyway??

Teresa

Drcynic---
You sound like a sweetheart. I saw your pic on the face thread and I think you have a face that radiates personality and warmth in your eye's. I have seen you post a few times that you're "heavy" Don't let those numbers define you. You can change them or not but the depth and sincerity that is "YOU" is still the same. Mean folks will still be mean no matter your size, they're mean to each other too.

Open yourself a bit more to other folks you feel are warm and kind and I'll just bet you find someone to take your hand and walk with you. Hang in there for 2012 too. I'm betting this planet and all of us will still be here to wish each other Happy New Year for 2013!! :)

Drcynic said:
I've been alive for 22 years. I've never been hugged or kissed in a meaningful way. I have had no real time dating experience. I never dated. I tried, but no one ever wanted to date me. "You're nice and all, but I just don't see you as someone I could date" was usually the gentlest one.

Man, it was hard... It was lonely. All my life I just wanted love and affection. I turned to performing to get some sort of love from an audience... Anything at all for applause. Applause was like hugs and kisses.

Then I met my girlfriend online as a friend first, but it turned into real love. Real affection. I am lonely sometimes but being with her makes it easier. How I wish I knew what it was like to just hold her hand. Or anyone's hand before her. Not knowing anything makes it harder to imagine.

That is actually basically me in a nutshell except i havnt found someone.... i have never been kissed or hugged by anyone in a meaningful way as you said you hadnt. I also now perform infront of people playing guitar, in a band, but also solo stuff sometimes too and i can relate to you when you say that getting a clap is like having a hug, music for me kind of helps as a bit of an emotional outlet and to get claps from an audience is nice, it makes you feel kind of like someone had appreciated you for something, giving you a small sense of worth for a short while i guess.
The problem for me when it comes to meeting a nice girl is that i am a very shy person which makes it impossible for me to talk to a girl if i like her let alone make any kind of move on her... i am so inexperienced in this that i also wouldnt know if a girl was giving me signs either.
I am such a lonely person.... i just hope that one day things will change. :(

Latest posts

Back