Lucid dreaming

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guld

Reaction score
Anyone here ever tried lucid dreaming? Tried to do it, succeeded to do it? :)

I had a semi-lucid dream once.
I was able to do some things.
But for the most part, the dream was still in control
& I ended up waking up hurting from the things I couldn't turn off in it.
Like getting crushed by enclosing walls.

Christina Sarah said:
I had a semi-lucid dream once.
I was able to do some things.
But for the most part, the dream was still in control
& I ended up waking up hurting from the things I couldn't turn off in it.
Like getting crushed by enclosing walls.

Ouch, that doesn't sound like a nice experience... I used to be able to end my dreams when I was younger, have lost that ability now though. Did it a couple of weeks ago once, though just a coincidence I think. Haha, had the weirdest way of waking up from these dreams. It's quite funny what the mind comes up with :)

i could do it pretty well before i got insomnia :( the trick is to write down what you want to dream before you go to sleep. or if you wake up in the middle of the night write down what you want to dream before going back to sleep.

its really nice when it happens. i once had sex with an attractive girl at work :)

As soon as I become aware I'm in a dream I start to slip out of it.

Watch the animated film "Waking Life" (2001) - A man shuffles through a dream meeting various people and discussing the meanings and purposes of the universe.

Its a bit of a trip, I really enjoyed it.

Yes, because of what i do, i dont find it hard. However sometimes i let the dream go, just because, it is full of symbols that can help in life problems.
I remember, when i was a child, i always dreamed i was thrown in a pit of snakes, god i flew over them but sometimes i just made it, like litteraly just an inch over them.

I used to dream I could hover a few inches above the floor, treading water but out the water would be the best way to describe it. I loved that dream I used to go all over the shop!

The other night I dreamt I was travelling down the amazon but ended up getting caugt by mexican (not sure why mexican) bandits, one of whom was pretty much hot to trot on sodomizing me, he was all dressed up with make up on and not taking no for an answer. I made my escape in a white transit van. Then I woke up and Paul McCartney was on talking about the beatles so I figured that was a better option than going back to sleep...I really hope thats a one off and not a recurring dream....! :( :D

There's a thread on here somewhere about how to lucid dream. I usually just let my dreams go where they may. Now if I'm having a bad dream I will try to wake myself up from it. This usually results in moaning or yelling...quite embarrassing.

Back in the days of stupidity I frequently dreamt I was free falling- it seemed like forever. It would actually terrify me. I knew I was in a dream but the fear of what would happen if I actually landed would force me out to wake up.

I haven't had one of those dreams in over 15 years, can't say that I miss them.

Same here concerning lucid dreaming and what I do as well - I normally have lucid dreaming three times or more a week and do not mean too - it comes natural - also, my dreams plays out like tv episodes that continues the next day for several days straight.

whispers said:
Yes, because of what i do, i dont find it hard. However sometimes i let the dream go, just because, it is full of symbols that can help in life problems.
I remember, when i was a child, i always dreamed i was thrown in a pit of snakes, god i flew over them but sometimes i just made it, like litteraly just an inch over them.

Are you saying that a person can control their dreams on command? I understand that lucid dreaming is being in a dream and aware that you are, but I didn't know that you could choose to do it whenever you please.

LoneKiller said:
Are you saying that a person can control their dreams on command? I understand that lucid dreaming is being in a dream and aware that you are, but I didn't know that you could chose to do it whenever you please.

Yeah, from what I have understood it's something you can learn to do. You practise for a while and eventually you'll be able to control it by yourself :). Or, control it by yourself - rather learning how to trick your mind into getting aware that you are in a dream, and then work out of that.

Bones said:
Same here concerning lucid dreaming and what I do as well - I normally have lucid dreaming three times or more a week and do not mean too - it comes natural - also, my dreams plays out like tv episodes that continues the next day for several days straight.

whispers said:

Well, that's quite cool that you guys have lucid dreams that often, just like that. I thought it was something you usually had to practise in order to be doing.

The Good Citizen said:
As soon as I become aware I'm in a dream I start to slip out of it.

Watch the animated film "Waking Life" (2001) - A man shuffles through a dream meeting various people and discussing the meanings and purposes of the universe.

Its a bit of a trip, I really enjoyed it.

Will do!

Latest posts

Back