Lunch gathering

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jovi88

Reaction score
I don't go to office today because there is lunch gathering at my office. It involves 30 persons more which i don't really close. I want to say no but i don't find any excuse. Yesterday i declined dinner invitations too from other divisions that involves the same number of people. Is it normal for introvert to do that?

No. Introversion does not mean you can't be in a group. Being introverted means you prefer being alone or with close friends rather than large groups. Going to extremes like skipping out on work just to avoid a lunch gathering is something beyond being introverted.

Hmm. I do this too... sometimes..... but I don't think I have social anxiety. Although sometimes I do wonder if I might have.

ladyforsaken said:
Hmm. I do this too... sometimes..... but I don't think I have social anxiety. Although sometimes I do wonder if I might have.

I don't think i have social anxiety either. But when i'm in a bad mood, i tend to avoid those things. I just prefer to be alone.

I think most people alternate between being sociable and avoiding people, I know I do and most of the people I know are like that as well. Maybe you're just not in the mood to make small talk with people you don't really know very well, and that's okay :)

Veruca said:
I think most people alternate between being sociable and avoiding people, I know I do and most of the people I know are like that as well. Maybe you're just not in the mood to make small talk with people you don't really know very well, and that's okay :)

Yes, i think so, but at my office it seems that everyone are sociable, and that makes me real hard to deal with.

It's normal for anyone to do that; you can do what you want.

Latest posts

Back