Majority feels lonely at the age of 20's

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iameliza

Reaction score
Why?

It’s because at the age of 20′s, that’s the time when you are searching for your path.
That’s the age where you’re trying to know who you really are, what do you want in life,
what career do you want, etc.

This is normal. We usually feel lonely because many questions run into our mind that we
don’t exactly know what’s gonna happen. We don’t exactly know what to do.

So how can you stop the onset of loneliness?

Pray. Talk to Him. God is the only one who can really help you and He’s the only
one who knows what to do.

Think Positive. The most common reason why you always feel lonely is that you’re
thinking negatively. You should think happy and positive thoughts because the way you
think defines the outcome of your future. This is true.

Believe. When you want something or if you have a dream, even if it’s big, believe
you can have it without thinking about the negative possibilities that can happen.

Keep going. Once you’re doing something that you think is what you want, keep going.
Don’t stop. Along the way, you’ll know what you want. Just don’t give up.

Practice these things and you’ll end up happy. Just enjoy your life! Many trials will come but
these will make you stronger emotionally and make you a better person.

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. It depends on the person, and how they've been in life. A lot of people don't feel lonely until they're past their 20's.

While I am in that oh-so-familiar phase of "What the hell am I doing with my life!?"... That's not why I'm lonely. I'm lonely because whatever path I chose to take, there's no one to go down that path with me.

I prefer thinking realistic. If you set a goal which can't be reached, than that would be plain stupid, especially if you keep on trying. I like being content with what i already got. At the moment though, i am unemployed and have some cruel organizations to deal with. That's what's making me feel lonely.

But, it is good to have goals. Something like finding a proper job, finishing education, making friends and finding your love.

PieBeNice said:
iameliza said:
Pray. Talk to Him. God is the only one who can really help you and He’s the only

Stopped reading about here.

Of course you did. You already know that praying solves every single problem.

iameliza said:
Why?

It’s because at the age of 20′s, that’s the time when you are searching for your path.
That’s the age where you’re trying to know who you really are, what do you want in life,
what career do you want, etc.

This is normal. We usually feel lonely because many questions run into our mind that we
don’t exactly know what’s gonna happen. We don’t exactly know what to do.

So how can you stop the onset of loneliness?

Think Positive. The most common reason why you always feel lonely is that you’re
thinking negatively. You should think happy and positive thoughts because the way you

Believe. When you want something or if you have a dream, even if it’s big, believe
you can have it without thinking about the negative possibilities that can happen.

Keep going. Once you’re doing something that you think is what you want, keep going.
Don’t stop. Along the way, you’ll know what you want. Just don’t give up.

Practice these things and you’ll end up happy. Just enjoy your life! Many trials will come but
these will make you stronger emotionally and make you a better person.

So my question is whether you are in your 20s still or past them?

iameliza said:

I disagree. I've seen plenty of people live totally secular (without God) lives and be happy and stable.

i agree with you, although i've felt lonely for most of my life, including most of my childhood. i'm in my early 20s, and i started to feel really lonely right after i finished high school. i remember leaving my graduation with my hs diploma in hand and thinking, "so what now?". i wasn't thinking about going to college because i had absolutely no idea what i wanted to do in life. i ended up going to school to learn accounting, and i've been working ever since. i've also been depressed (suicide-minded depressed) for most of my life and recently decided that i didn't want to be like that anymore, so i'm fighting the war against depression and i'm happy to say that I"M WINNING!!! i also recently decided to go on a "self-discovery" mission and i have found that i am quite a work of art. btw, when i say "recently", i mean within the last 1-2 years. one more thing, i discovered what i wanted to do with my life and i am currently pursuing those dreams. thank you if you made it this far ;) God bless you!

My tactic to fight depression was to make good friends. And it worked.

iameliza said:

Hey, that's MY line! :p

Anyway, I'm in my 20s and I know why I'm lonely. It's because friendship as an adult works different than when we were kids, and that's a hard transition. When I was in high school, my friends were the center of my life. I had a good group of friends to hang out with on a regular basis. But then we get older and we drift apart, people start to get their own lives, careers, relationships, etc. We move away to different cities. And then it's harder to make new friends too, because adults are less willing/able to keep up close friendships.

I try to accept these facts, but it's still a bit difficult to swallow sometimes. I'm working on it.

As for the praying/God controversy here...well, I'm not a religious person myself, but I think whatever works for people is fine. I do have my own version of "prayer" I've been doing for a long time -- before I go to sleep every night, I try to take a moment to be grateful for everything I have.

Hi freedom! wow It's nice to know that you're acting positive about it. I still feel lonely sometimes but you know, like you, I'm fighting against it. I look at the brighter side of life. It's not that easy but I still try and it works.

I've been reading many self help books that really helped me a lot and i just wanna share it here too. but i don't think many people here liked it. :p

so it's up to them. I just wanna share it. :)

These self help books seem like propaganda. If you pray to god and dream and try to continue pursuing that dream, than you distract yourself from the world like a drug addict. I am wondering what the purpose of it is. Who wrote these kind of books?

Daan said:
These self help books seem like propaganda. If you pray to god and dream and try to continue pursuing that dream, than you distract yourself from the world like a drug addict. I am wondering what the purpose of it is. Who wrote these kind of books?

It helps people who needs it. They are a good positive people who have a good heart inspiring someone who needs help. If it doesn't make sense to you, fine. That's your opinion.

Badjedidude said:
iameliza said:

I disagree. I've seen plenty of people live totally secular (without God) lives and be happy and stable.

I think it was more of iameliza's opinion rather than stating fact. Of course not everyone shares the same thought or opinion in that matter.

iameliza said:
If it doesn't make sense to you, fine. That's your opinion.

I'm glad you know the difference between fact and opinion. ;)

Latest posts

Back