Maybe lonely isn't the word, or is it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidewalk

Reaction score
I am not sure why I even are looking into these kinds of sites. I'm not lonely, not on the outside. I have friends, but somehow I feel as no one knows me for me. Maybe it is because I am so shy and it takes a while for me to open up to people, does that make my so called friends not really friends? Because I'm not letting them to know me? I know it is my own fault, that is probably the reason why I don't really know why I write this on a site for lonely people. I live with one of my closest friends plus two others. And for six months I've tried to get her attention and talk to her, just to say good morning in the mornings but she's not responding. When our new roommate moved in she started to open up, to the new girl. They are going to the mall, to clubs and make plans to hang out all the time. As soon as I open my mouth I am ignored. This drives me crazy, because I moved to the other side of the atlantic with her, I left my family and friends at home for her. For now the only one I feel I can talk to are ignoring me, and have bin since we moved in together. I don't know what to do. I've got other friends, but not really good friends, we might hang out if we are at the same place at the same time but we wouldn't call each other and make plans. I hope no one gets offended by what I am writing in this post. I just didn't know who to tell about me feeling lonely. But does this make me a lonely person? I'ld love to have someone to talk to..

Hi Sidewalk. Yes, I do think that you belong here. I wish that I had some words of wisdom for you, but, alas, I do not. I feel your pain, however. You are a Swedish international student? Very nice. Some of the best metal music is manufactured in Sweden. I know of several bands from there, and have seen several of them in Denver (and Boulder). I don't know, but it does seem like you're somewhat a fish out of water - living in Santa Barbara, but that's quite the college town with many personalities.
Please do continue to post here, and reply as you feel the urge to do so. I am sure that the answers you seek will come to you, but only you have the answers ultimately. As you read the posts, there will be key things that you will relate to. These are the things to focus on. I do hope that you will meet someone who can be a great friend to you, but in the meantime this is a great forum that can be of benefit to you, and you should frequent it often. Eventually, you will feel that you belong to some degree. Oh, and welcome to the States!

SophiaGrace said:
It seems like she doesn't like you or care for you much unfortunately.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions like that, Sophia. She is new to this forum, and doesn't really know if she wants to even be part of it. She is welcome to participate or not. It's her choice, and she's entitled to that choice.

Latest posts

Back