Maybe this is a little absurd . . .

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st642

Reaction score
I'm not sure if going on about this is quite absurd, but I guess since this is all new to me, it doesn't hurt to find out.

I've never been in a relationship. So, I signed up on an online dating site. I still live with my parents and knew that convincing my somewhat neurotic mother of this idea would be very hard. I contacted a girl in March, and we came to like each other a lot. We ended up talking on the phone for long stretches of time every day. She even said she was beginning to fall in love with me, even though we never met.

But it wasn't always easy, since she is still reeling from many things (horrible parents, six voluntary stints in a mental health facility, was bulimic) and would frequently go through times of feeling down on herself. Over and over she would ask me if I still wanted her, pleaded not to hate her, that she wished I had someone better than her, and that she didn't deserve me. Still, when it was good I enjoyed talking to her.

And then on Monday she flipped out and ended it. It was my fault and I know that. I waited a long time to tell my mother about this. When I did, her reaction was so bad that she said she didn't even want me communicating with her any longer.

I had no idea what to do without destroying the relationship with my mother. I don't know what's wrong with me. I seem unable to defy her in such a way. And by this point the girl was understandably fed up with that situation. So, she ended it after ripping into me pretty heavily.

Part of me feels like this never was going to work so it was best that we went our separate ways. I have my problems preventing it from working, and she has many as well. But I hate that I hurt her in any way.

So what do I do? Is it best to just let it go completely and let her move on? Or do I call her and apologize? Will that just make it worse? If I do call, should I wait until next week so she might be a little better? I just don’t know if doing so would only upset and hurt her more.

Again, maybe I'm making a far bigger issue out of this given that I never even met her. Who knows . . .

Latest posts

Back