Maybe This Is why Disabled People are Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
TheSolitaryMan said:
though when the doctors did the tuning fork test on me, the results seemed to surprise them (they didn't really support that).

?? What were the results?

Apparently I could hear in the ear opposite to what they expected, or something. I just remember them being surprised/confused.

They then proceeded to tell me that the majority of people regain their hearing if they lose it like I did, but that was 2.5 years ago and I still have the same thing + tinnitus. I think perhaps they were just trying not to upset me too much or something, because I can't see it coming back myself.

I've started to forget what it was like to hear "normally" now though, which is sort of nice because I don't feel too sad about it anymore :)

Sorry, I feel like I'm derailing your thread here :p

Yes, life goes on even with a hearing loss. And when people around you are irritated because some baby is crying. You just smile okay? :)

Yeah it's kinda difficult to be ignored by 'normal' people as a screwed up kid. You have to see the others running and stuff and you'd just wonder how it feels like... freedom maybe? yeah surely. I remember once when I was sitting as usual daydreaming about the extraordinary and fairyland. Not another kid was there. I was alone. at 9 or 10 years old I was already used to sitting all alone in a corner daydreaming. That's what the break was for me.. an opportunity to daydream. So for some reason one day I couldnt just daydream about running around and stuff and actually wanted to live it, feel it. I wanted to run so badly and would have tried (tho I couldnt, really) if there was no one there (but there were kids and I was afraid to fall). I started to cry. Two of my classmates were going to the bathroom and they saw me. I wish they didnt. They came to me and asked me what's wrong. I just gave them the old 'something's my eyes' excuse but they guessed what's really going on. One of them even told me if I cry cuz I wanted to play and stuff. I said no it's just that something's my eyes. They asked me if I wanted them to stay with me. I said no it's just that some goddamn thing got into my **** eye. They gave up after a bit and left.
It's just one of the 1000... 'I feel all alone and different' stories that I have. After a while you just get used to the corner and actually feel comfortable in it. You get even disturbed is someone feel the need to come and talk to you.... umm I wanted to say something else that is really inspiring and all but forgot it, maybe later.

Interesting Ledia...it almost sounds like you pushed them away when they wanted to keep you company. It *is* kind of awkward though when people approach you when you're crying.

SophiaGrace said:
Interesting Ledia...it almost sounds like you pushed them away when they wanted to keep you company. It *is* kind of awkward though when people approach you when you're crying.

I've always pushed people away, yeah even with im not crying. Still do. And will.

Ledia said:
SophiaGrace said:

I've always pushed people away, yeah even with im not crying. Still do. And will.

oh.

well then, i'll push back. :p

Let s not play the push you push me game the last time i did play it i ended upin the hospital :D

Latest posts

Back