Me speak English? That's unpossible!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always talk to yourself. That's what I do. ;) lol

What about some kind of 1-on-1 thing? Like a tutor something along those lines? You know, someone you can explain what you want to accomplish to and they can help you focus on that.

How about you practice talking to ppl over the MSN. I always find that weird thing to do on MSN but I bet some ppl would be up for it. Its as clear as a phone call. In fact I have found skype is very good for ppl wanting to talk as opposed to typing. Most ppl that use skype wont to talk and not type. I would recommend you try skype. I dont see you would have a problem in finding ppl to talk to on that.

Yes i have issues with speaking English. When i get the "what" i can get flustered also and what comes out the second time, while maybe not quite gibberish, is often quite different from what i said the first time. I should mention that English is my first language, well pretty much my only language. I also speak too low. That possibly may be as big or bigger part of why people sometimes don't catch what you are saying then any problem with your English. It sure is for me. It seems that that could be practiced in any language unless being possibly a bit less comfortable with English leads you to speak lower.

Oh, gyneco, I know what that's like. I'm trying to learn 3 languages right now, and it's hell on the fragile ego, I know. I'm just starting to become comfortable and at home in German, but I dread having to speak Arabic, my not-so-nice roommate who's also taking Arabic has made me feel terribly embarrassed about my accent (which admittedly is really, really thick). This Sunday I'm going to a Lebanese church to practice, my goodness I get so nervous before hand. It's tough, and I know you've heard it before but: you just have to practice it. It doesn't matter if what you say is stupid, just so long as it makes sense. Trust me, English native speakers say the dumbest nonsense all of the time.

Where do you come from? What's your mother tongue (I guess Greek)?

Maybe you're speaking too fast, because you're nervous about your english and don't realize it. My Mom is from the Phillipines and she used to do that. She was paranoid because she had an accent and would rush her words in a conversation. I could understand my mom fine of course, but other people would ask 'what did your mom just say?' After my mom went back to school, she became more comfortable interacting and now she's ok. Bluey had a great idea talking to people in msn. Most instant message systems have voice, all you need is a mic. Also, if you have some friends that are willing, Tape a basic conversation with them and see how you sound to yourself, just a thought.

Latest posts

Back