Meditation?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are interested in learning, and can make it up to Seattle, I'd like to welcome you to one of the sittings I'm involved in. Let me know. It can open your eyes to a whole new way of being.

Amthorn said:
If you are interested in learning, and can make it up to Seattle, I'd like to welcome you to one of the sittings I'm involved in. Let me know. It can open your eyes to a whole new way of being.

I may have to take you up on that offer next time I find myself in the city. Is it a spiritual thing? I've always been skeptical

Nullgeist said:
Amthorn said:

I may have to take you up on that offer next time I find myself in the city. Is it a spiritual thing? I've always been skeptical

It can be, if you want it to be, but for me and many people it's just about calming the mind and emotions as well as reaching out to other people in positive ways. However you want to use it, there is no judgement either way. I do not consider myself a spiritual person, I am very skeptical of anything supernatural to a fault, but there is nothing supernatural about learning to manage thoughts and emotions.

Amthorn said:
It can be, if you want it to be, but for me and many people it's just about calming the mind and emotions as well as reaching out to other people in positive ways. However you want to use it, there is no judgement either way. I do not consider myself a spiritual person, I am very skeptical of anything supernatural to a fault, but there is nothing supernatural about learning to manage thoughts and emotions.

Oh I agree, every time I've tried to do it, it's been just to release stress and clear my mind. I think I may try it again tonight

I have attended meditation classes weekly for nearly 2 years. I find it a much more positive experience than counselling and I like that they are less time consuming.

Latest posts

Back