(Merry) Xmas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RckyMtnHgh

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday. Being alone and holidays do not mix well with me. While the whole world is busy rushing around at the speed of light trying to find that last minute gift, I appear to be standing still. People like having this time off but I am quite the opposite and prefer to work.

I wonder what is wrong with me. Why does it have to be this way. Everything I do is so difficult. It does me good to say hello to everyone here and it helps for a short period of time. If you feel the same, write me back.

Hello RMH -- Happy holiday to you! I wish I felt like I was standing still. My day was crazy today. I finally got to sit down for a moment after going non-stop since 5AM. I NEVER get a break, even on holidays. They're really not as "magical" as I'd like. And, it's not because I have the luxury of shopping for XMAS gifts (I wish). It's life on life's terms. I'm exhausted. Best, LG:)

LGH1288 said:
Hello RMH -- Happy holiday to you! I wish I felt like I was standing still. My day was crazy today. I finally got to sit down for a moment after going non-stop since 5AM. I NEVER get a break, even on holidays. They're really not as "magical" as I'd like. And, it's not because I have the luxury of shopping for XMAS gifts (I wish). It's life on life's terms. I'm exhausted. Best, LG:)

As lonely as I am, somehow I don't buy into the commercialized Xmas stuff. The family and togetherness is wonderful but rushing out to buy that very expensive video game for Johnny seems crazy to me. I wish you peace and happiness this Christmas.

Don't worry. You are not alone in feeling that way. I'm just pretending to be happy for one day by trying to ignore everything bad. It's better than being the depressed loser for the whole 365 days of the year :p

Merry Christmas :)

RckyMtnHgh said:
LGH1288 said:

As lonely as I am, somehow I don't buy into the commercialized Xmas stuff. The family and togetherness is wonderful but rushing out to buy that very expensive video game for Johnny seems crazy to me. I wish you peace and happiness this Christmas.

Yes, it's sad that there are some people who lack financial constraint and will max-out their credit cards just to buy fancy gifts they really can't afford. I mean it's totally nuts! IMO the best gifts are symbolic, creative ones given from the heart. LG:)

Punisher said:
Don't worry. You are not alone in feeling that way. I'm just pretending to be happy for one day by trying to ignore everything bad. It's better than being the depressed loser for the whole 365 days of the year :p

Merry Christmas :)

I couldn't agree with you more Punisher. Since I'm alone all of the time, I only have to pretend at work - it's so exhausting that when I get home I can let it all out. If I did have people over for the holidays, I would be working 'overtime'.

Cheers

kaede said:
Merry Christmas to you!

And the same to you, peace.

Latest posts

Back