Microsoft Declares War on Apple

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ak5

Reaction score
The smartphone and tablet market is booming, Apple is at the forefront of this boom. Microsoft, of course, is wanting to tap into this new market and challenge Apple. And in order to do this they are releasing their new Operating System, Windows 8, which will incorporate the same OS into desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets; allowing a free exchange of apps between all kinds of Microsoft-users. This will be a huge competition, pitting the two high-tech giants against each other.

Now, being naturally Microsoft-oriented I am proud that they are integrating a lot of cool new things into Windows 8. Absolutely everything will now be inter-connected, your Xbox 360 (Xbox Live) to your desktop and your desktop to your smartphone. But guys, here's reality: Apple dominates the market. The iPhone, iPod and iPad revolutionized the modern world. So, it is in my opinion (despite being a die-hard Microsoft supporter), Apple will yet continue to lead in the smartphone and tablet market. Microsoft will have a grand entry, but will remain "secondary" just like Google's Android right now. Overall, I don't think Windows 8 will be able to get Microsoft to successfully compete with Apple's smartphone/tablet hegemony, but I also think that it won't hurt Microsoft in its current PC business (unless its as shitty as Vista), Microsoft will continue its own hegemony on the PC market.

What do you guys think? Will Microsoft be able to pull it off and successfully compete against Apple?

Metro sucks (especially for the desktop) and can not wait for the day that Micro$oft crashes and burns; as for success, who knows. There is no compelling reason to upgrade to Windows 8 when it comes out and I do not need for everything under the sun to interconnect with one another.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Microsoft will remain as it is, they don't just make "pretty hip things" like Apple.

While Apple has it's advantages, Microsoft is far more eficient (not to mention cheaper).

And I don't have much of a prejdice against Apple since I havethe Ipad but I appreciate for what it is. A pc kicks his ass effortless.

To ilustrate my point...

netbookvsipad.jpg

<rant>
I don't see why anyone gives a crap about either corporation.

There may have been a time when both companies were started to realize a vision of bringing personal computers into the everyday lives of regular folks, but that time is gone.

Remember the "walkman"? "the portable CD-player"?

I mean for fucks sake, people need to pull their heads out of their asses.

You think apple cares about you? You think microsoft gives a crap?

I'm not saying the steve jobs and the bill gates aren't decent men who lived decent lives and accomplished a whole lot, but give me a ******* break. These people are businessmen aiming to build a bigger and bigger bottom line.

Most people would be surprised to know that Steve Jobs himself has stated that his business would not have survived if he didn't get every one's mind out of the mentality that it's microsoft versus apple.

A computer is a computer. Your "smart phones" arn't smart and they arn't phones. They are computers that can place wireless phone calls. A "tablet" yes another market name, for what is essentially a computer...

It just seems silly to me, and what little education I've had in business should lessen the shock to me. A big part of corporate trends are to aquire loyal customers, but it just irks the hell out of me.

There are great men out there that have done amazing things, but... to say, "The iPhone, iPod and iPad revolutionized the modern world."???

Give me a god **** break. Angry birds didn't not revolutionize the modern world. Portable music has been around for a long **** time. And the Ipad is and was old ******* news, the tablet concept had been around for a long time before it was able to be successfully implemented because people weren't even ready to be interested when the concept was introduced.

I would use a mac computer running mac software if I needed to use a mac to do something only a mac could do, and same goes for everything else. When it all comes down to it, your talking about personality choices and products you use to define yourself as a person.

Why would you choose to define yourself with products from corporations that don't give a fresia who you are and are just trying to make a bottom line. All your going to start seeing from both corporations is shittier and shittier products that rely more and more on the cloud that take away more and more personal computing freedom. That's the bottom line.

</rant>

They don't give a crap. They want to make money more than anything.

So does every corporation in the world, so do corporations like Nike who will use child labor for making even more money. So does Nestlé who know well there are slave kids working to get the cacao in Africa. So does Coca-Cola who hires hitman to take out sindicate leaders in some latin american countrys.

I think you are ranting against capitalisim :p

Capitalism is indeed flawed, but to get back on topic: Microsoft is better than Apple.

The only Microsoft product that I enjoy is the Xbox. Other than that, their stuff is of no use to me. It's all a matter of personal preference, though.

They may be able to successfully compete with Apple, but I certainly won't be supporting their attempt.

Steve Jobs made an important contribution to Windows by creating typographies. Window used that in Windows 95, that was big back then.

It's a contribution not many are aware of, there is more to Steve than pretty things (tough that's been the companys focus in the last years).

I think the ipod/iphone revolutionized the market of cell phones if not portable computers... both of which are so important in the modern world...

there were portable computers available before... like pda and stuff... but nothing made things work seemlessly.
of course clutter will emerge, but only because the platform is so capable.

you say a smartphone is just a computer.
u fail to realize that a smartphone is a computer in your pocket! connected to the internet and all its glory, ready to serve you whenever you want info or do work.

microsoft dominating smartphones and tablets?

I can see hackers rampaging wildy in my head

MadMonkè said:
I think the ipod/iphone revolutionized the market of cell phones if not portable computers... both of which are so important in the modern world...

there were portable computers available before... like pda and stuff... but nothing made things work seemlessly.
of course clutter will emerge, but only because the platform is so capable.

you say a smartphone is just a computer.
u fail to realize that a smartphone is a computer in your pocket! connected to the internet and all its glory, ready to serve you whenever you want info or do work.

microsoft dominating smartphones and tablets?

I can see hackers rampaging wildy in my head
but I suppose crime will find a way regarless what platform people choose

Latest posts

Back