Might be getting a job!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broody

Reaction score
I haven't worked since the end of 2012, and I only lasted two weeks cause my dad was basically in charge of it and put me down for full time.. I got confused and anxious and didn't really know what I was doing. I slipped back into being depressed so I had to leave.. It wasn't a pleasant experience but they weren't very nice there either so.. I had recently just finished Year 12 and barely passed, struggling with depression, anxiety and self harm. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do in life but I knew I needed to do something so I was kinda lost for a while there.

Anyhow, after doing some studying and volunteering, and focusing on getting better.. I am a lot happier and healthier now and have applied for tons and tons of jobs the last 6 months, and went to a job interview today. It was a group interview so I didn't really feel confident going in there, but they were all friendly and I got a call from them a few hours later, asking me to come in tomorrow morning for a second interview and a trial, this is at Subway by the way. I really hope this means I've got it, although I'm a little scared it'll turn out like my last job.. They will teach me and they said I'll get to try it out and see if I like it or not. I guess that'll be good for me to suss everything out. I'd really like to make a friend or two there and I am in charge of how much and when I work so I put down 10-20 hrs maximum and I'm pretty good with that :)

I also went to another job interview last night, but I had my hopes set too high and became really nervous and anxious so I don't think that was the job for me. They will call me tomorrow if I get it, but I'm holding out for the Subway job.

I'm also volunteering at my local theatre and only need to commit to that at least once a month and its mostly nights.. I'm also gonna be studying in 2 months at TAFE and I'm stoked, so if I do get this job, I hope they'll be okay with me cutting back my hours a little :)

Broody said:
I haven't worked since the end of 2012, and I only lasted two weeks cause my dad was basically in charge of it and put me down for full time.. I got confused and anxious and didn't really know what I was doing. I slipped back into being depressed so I had to leave.. It wasn't a pleasant experience but they weren't very nice there either so.. I had recently just finished Year 12 and barely passed, struggling with depression, anxiety and self harm. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do in life but I knew I needed to do something so I was kinda lost for a while there.

Anyhow, after doing some studying and volunteering, and focusing on getting better.. I am a lot happier and healthier now and have applied for tons and tons of jobs the last 6 months, and went to a job interview today. It was a group interview so I didn't really feel confident going in there, but they were all friendly and I got a call from them a few hours later, asking me to come in tomorrow morning for a second interview and a trial, this is at Subway by the way. I really hope this means I've got it, although I'm a little scared it'll turn out like my last job.. They will teach me and they said I'll get to try it out and see if I like it or not. I guess that'll be good for me to suss everything out. I'd really like to make a friend or two there and I am in charge of how much and when I work so I put down 10-20 hrs maximum and I'm pretty good with that :)

I also went to another job interview last night, but I had my hopes set too high and became really nervous and anxious so I don't think that was the job for me. They will call me tomorrow if I get it, but I'm holding out for the Subway job.

I'm also volunteering at my local theatre and only need to commit to that at least once a month and its mostly nights.. I'm also gonna be studying in 2 months at TAFE and I'm stoked, so if I do get this job, I hope they'll be okay with me cutting back my hours a little :)

I wish you all the luck in the world in getting the Subway job! Please PM me and let me know if you get it!

Congratulations, hope for the best. I understand what it's like to be out of work, but it does.pay to continue to try (as hard as it may be), it's just a matter of when.

You're all so lovely! :D

Well, it is looking good so far.. I had a trial run and the lady who showed me everything just has to write up a report and send it to the head office and then they'll call me sometime next week, I guess.. She said she hoped to see me here in a few weeks so I guess that's very good then? :)

Might keep an eye out for other jobs in the meantime though.. Just in case.

It kinda looks like its gonna be tough, there's a lot to record and remember!

Congratulations Broody, i'm very happy for you. It seems you're pretty much already working there now.

I understand what you mean with having alot to remember, but it'll go well in time, don't worry about that. :)

Thanks very much Rosebolt :)

Haha yeah basically, I'd be very surprised if they said no.

True that, I just hope they are nice and considerate and know that I might be a bit slow at first.. It's really close to my house though so that's a bonus :D

I got the job and just a call for another interview at the dream place I wanna work! Thanks everyone for their kind words and support :)

I'm glad to hear that Broody. I don't really understand what you mean though, you have a job, and have the opportunity of a second job at your dream place? Or will you cancel the first job if you get the second?

Thank you :)

Well I just recently got employment at the first job and start training on Thursday.. However I got a call from the cinema a few hours ago (possible second job) and they want me to come in for an interview.. There's no harm in just an interview since I've always wanted to work at a cinema so I thought I might just go to the interview and hear them out. I also, didn't really wanna turn down my dream job so I'm conflicted. I'm trying to figure out if I can juggle both of them but that doesn't seem likely with my course coming up soon, so I think I should just focus on how the interview goes and if I do well at my training. It's just the worst timing, huh guys? >.<

I understand the conflicting feelings. If i were you, i'd take the cinema job and quit the other one if you do get it. If you enjoy it more, or think you will, then go and do it. Of course i understand how that feels problematic for you. :/ I wish you the best of luck, let me know how the interview went at the cinema, through pm or wathever! :)

The interview at the cinema is next weekend so I can just see how my training at subway goes for now, I suppose. I just don't want to take things for granted, you know? I had spent so long getting to this point where I'm employed again and I don't want to throw it away. Subway is offering me a traineeship as part of my job so that's something to really consider as well..

Group interviews are tough, especially for a cinema job.. That's highly competitive so I shouldn't over think it :) I just like to plan things ahead too much!

Thank you so much, and I'll keep you updated! :D

Yeah, i understand what you mean, it's a nice challenge to overcome, the dillema, that is. :)

Once again, i wish you the best of luck! You'll be fine! And you can pm me to talk about it or anything else really, if that helps! :)

I'd say concentrate on the job you have, but go for the interview anyway and see what happens. If you get offered the job you will then have to decide which one is bets for you.

Best case, you have to choose from 2 jobs! Worst case, you got a job and had some extra interview experience!

Latest posts

Back