Mobile phone contact list

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine bought me a Blackberry Curve back in November because he was frustrated that he could never get hold of me quick enough. I've got about 20 contacts now, but I still haven't called anyone...

I wish I was born a decade or two ago, in a time where you would call to someone's house to see someone in person, even it was just to say hello. A simple hello, just to see how they are.
Texting is so impersonal. There's no substance there, superficial greetings, empty promises. You can send a generic group text to 20-30 people inviting them to a party. Being on the end of one of those texts is horrible, you feel annonymous. It's a ridiculously impersonal thing to do in my opinion. Oh, and those bloody Christmas, or New years, or Birthday wishes from people who couldn't care less about you, and vise-versa "Happy Birthday/Christmas (insert name here)!!!" with a ******* smiley face at the end to imply warmness or whatever the hell is the point of them. There's so little effort there... ****!
Am I the only one who absolutely despises this crap?

As for how many contacts on my phone? I couldn't give two shits. And neither should you.

Oh, and don't get me started on people who text while you're in the middle of a conversation! It drives me up the wall!

I have my mom, dad, brother there, and some old junior-high classmates. My cellphone is that old/outdated. (its from when color displays were a new thing). But its being used for family or to discuss meetings/events im to be part of.

The only contacts that i have are my mom, little sister, and my step-dad.

Yeah, no one outside my family calls me to talk, text or to hang out.

I go through cell phones.
Over a hundred contacts.
Friends, family and support groups.

I used to just call people instead of
Waiting for people to call. Text jokes
Or whatever. My thing about friendship
is...i must take the initiative.
And its a percentage game.
I don't take it too petsonal
If i don't get return call all the time.
I don't answer all my text either.

It just vari..some people will text
Me throughout the day.
Others will only call me once
In a blue moon.

Its 50/50 as far a exchanging
Numbers

I can easily build up hundreds upon hundreds
Of contacts throigh mu support groips if
I wish to. Thats what support groups provides.
A net work of people i can contact when I
get into a zone. When i need to talk to someone
Before i fo something really really bad or
Dustructive to my life.

You see, LC, this is where People differ. Some people want everybody & their mother on their cell phone contacts list. Others just want certain, key people listed in their cell phone. Same thing with Facebook. I have approx. 180 people on my Facebook, which is probably too many. Half of them are more acquaintances than actual friends. There are probably one or two on my FB friends list that have over a thousand people on their friends list. Would I want over 1000 people on my FB friends list?... Hardly. Do I want hundreds of people on my cell phone's contact list?... Not really.
But, to each their own. There is certainly nothing wrong with having a thousand contacts. It's just not what I prefer, personally. I only wish to have a handful or two, and I certainly have more than that.

I have a prepaid cell phone I only use it for emergency or if I'm not home and have to call someone. I have about 30 numbers some are the same person home, cell and work. I should clean it out some people I haven't spoken to in quite some time.

Latest posts

Back