Mobile Phones - Obsession

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyman

Reaction score
So I need to know

What is the obsession with (young) females and mobile phones. It seems like every time I see one, she is on her phone.

I just came back from a lecture. The (asian) girl next to me did not pay attention.. on facebook the whole time.

Girls around campus, seem to be on the phone non stop. They complain they cant get a guy.. but what chance to men have when their phone is glued to their ear.

Please help me understand the female mind, and how (if) it works with young females. Who are they talking too all the time? Wont it damage their brain :club:

I didn't notice that the obsession is limited to females. It has been guys that i have seen spend the whole class playing with their cell phones.

People pay for their phones. They can be swimming in all they want. Personally, I don't text as much anymore, so I'm not into the whole phone thing anymore.

VanillaCreme said:
People pay for their phones. They can be swimming in all they want. Personally, I don't text as much anymore, so I'm not into the whole phone thing anymore.

They pay for drugs too. :D
Mobile phones are a very large part of our lives. Can you imagine there are people with little injuries and scratches on their fingers from the glass touch screens from overusing the phone?

rosebud said:
VanillaCreme said:

They pay for drugs too. :D

And people can use drugs if they want to. Illegal or not, it's still their choice.

I don't think it should be called an obsession. Only up to the point where you can't even eat, sleep, etc. without looking at your phone, then THAT is obsession and addiction, and that is very bad. Texting is used to be kept in connection with friends when your not with them. And of course games and other applications are just for when bored.

Today I was out in the doctor's office and I just had the urge to just tell anyone "bored.. so **** long waiting time." I would have enjoyed to just get out my phone and text anyone on my contact list; of course if I only had people on my contact list. Hehe :D

I believe I am the only 15 year old without anyone in their contact list.

Yeap..that would be me. :p

Im typing my all post with my thumb nails
to fresia up the ingorOne. Hahahaaaa.

The letters on my key pad are worn out.
I can barely make out some of them.lmao

Its well known pople stopped reading many of my post years ago.
I have mild dislexia.

Im not relally lonely. Renae was asking me why I continue to come here.
Even Jenn. my current GF tells me to
stop tweeking on this site.

I have internet addiction.
Ive narrowed dont my internet usiage to this site...
So you all are my victims...epecially
the really sick mean people.hahaaaa

I dont even us FB as much anymore.
Im making good progress.

I still carry my Cell everywhere.
Text people all the time just for the sake of texting.

My gf is giving honeysuckle about it now
as Im writing this

She was horny last night but we didnt have sex cuase I was texting...
She just woke up and notice me textin.lol

Shes giving me a dirty look.
Someone needs maintenacne....

Dear lord, mainten-acne sounds scary.

My cell phone is also my home phone and my work phone, but I still only use it maybe thirty minutes of my day.

I didn't know that. Thank goodness I don't drink or smoke. I'd be even more in a hole than I am now.

Ak5 said:
I believe I am the only 15 year old without anyone in their contact list.

No you're not. I know atleast 3 person around your age who don't even have a cellphone.

Heck, I don't have a cellphone. I just don't need one. My brother didn't have one until he was past 25 and his job forced him to get one, and he's the furthest person from "lonely" I can think of.

I've had my prepaid cell phone for a few years. I've never had a contract phone because it would be too expensive, considering that I hardly ever use my phone, except for a little 2-3 minute call here and there.

Lonesome Crow said:
Yeap..that would be me. :p

Im typing my all post with my thumb nails
to fresia up the ingorOne. Hahahaaaa.

You don't do anything but amuse me because, deep down inside, I'm confirmed sadist.

All you have is your pathetic little world built on honeysuckle and delusion. You have nothing...nothing except the same happiness that a gambler or druggie might have, one built on illusion and fantasies.

Flaming you is like kicking a cripple - its easy and unfair and strangely satisfying. But in all truth, you're just the pathetic shell of a dirty old man who can't even support himself or find any respectability, so you conserve what pitiful remanants of your ego in being loud and abrasive.

But really, you are just...below normal. I really can't blame you for being, honestly, born with genuine mental retardation - and unfortunately, I use this without exaggeration or intent to insult. And I like to think that my days of pulling legs off ants and wings off flies are behind me, too.

So, instead, I'll be glad that you have perhaps some niche to contribute to the world. The sad truth is, people are unfortunately not all born with the same native intelligence. Its a pity that you end up letting people down because you simply don't have that ability, but..that'll be like blaming a weak muscle for being weak or a brittle bone for being brittle. You can't help but be pathetic.

You do have my blessings, though, and that of my wishes of whatever spiritual or humanistic force you wish to believe in.

Oh, and because I do feel sorry for you, you should know that this is why I do not post any photos of my beloveds, for the same reason why I do not mention their names - because I am above all, tactful and respectful of them and their privacy. Moreover it compromises them, reduces them to something to just *look* at, when each and every face is a soul and spirit of gentleness that goes well beyond anything of the skin or flesh. Each and every one, I love and yet love; perhaps less in some ways and perhaps not with the same hold on my heart, but each lingers fond in my heart.

But since you seem to beg for it so much, I think I might look up one for you, someone who is reasonably distant enough that I do not have be concerned with her identity being recognized. And perhaps, of a photo that might capture that ineffable spirit I so love.

Maybe.

Feel lucky if I do.

Latest posts

Back