Mobile phones

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SenjiiDragon said:
I have the same issue. I have some friends who don't reply to texts very often. Do they not care? Are they not interested in being friends or talking to me? If they don't respond, do I send them another one? How often do I text them to stay in contact, but not make them think I am needy or clingy?

I'll let you know if I figure out the answers.

And don't worry if other people seem to be always checking their phones. They might be like me and checking their phone to see that they yet again have no new messages. Or they could be posting to this site using their phone!

This.

putter65: "I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong ?"

Probably the same thing I'm doing wrong.
And if you figure it out first, please let me know.
I'd like to buy a clue.

A new life said:
putter65: "I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong ?"

Probably the same thing I'm doing wrong.
And if you figure it out first, please let me know.
I'd like to buy a clue.

What success I've had with women (And I use that term loosely because there isn't much !) is when women have come to me. I haven't done anything, they have come to me and asked me for whatever. For example this woman at work over 10 years ago asked if she could ring me up for a chat. I said 'yes' and she rang up that night. She invited me down to her home and we had 20 minutes on the couch together. After that she wasn't interested anymore. This woman asked me to the cinema and we ended up going 50 times over 8 or 9 years. This latest asked me if she could watch me play golf so we did that.

I've found when I've done the asking, the lady in question has knocked me back. Whether it's me asking them out or even doing something as friends. So what I tend to do is nothing and wait. Of course it doesn't happen very often.

I suspect we will pay a high price for our mobile phones in years to come. They receive/emit radiation which is never a good thing. Fair enough it might have been pretty harmless years ago when there were not so many phones and networks, but if you live in a city and have are being bombarded with non stop radiation it has to have some effect.

Also I think mobiles and the net are responsible for the death of community. It was much easier to make and keep friends and lovers before this stuff I know that much.

putter65 said:
What success I've had with women (And I use that term loosely because there isn't much !) is when women have come to me. I haven't done anything, they have come to me and asked me for whatever. For example this woman at work over 10 years ago asked if she could ring me up for a chat. I said 'yes' and she rang up that night. She invited me down to her home and we had 20 minutes on the couch together. After that she wasn't interested anymore. This woman asked me to the cinema and we ended up going 50 times over 8 or 9 years. This latest asked me if she could watch me play golf so we did that.

I've found when I've done the asking, the lady in question has knocked me back. Whether it's me asking them out or even doing something as friends. So what I tend to do is nothing and wait. Of course it doesn't happen very often.

I wish I could tell you what you're getting wrong. These women seem to trust you and like to spend time with you. I don't get women either though. Maybe you shouldn't be giving up too early? You definitely shouldn't give up on your golfing friend.

DaveIsLonely said:
putter65 said:

I wish I could tell you what you're getting wrong. These women seem to trust you and like to spend time with you. I don't get women either though. Maybe you shouldn't be giving up too early? You definitely shouldn't give up on your golfing friend.

I think most women think I'm harmless, sweet and nice. I do get comments like that. I don't think they want to date me though. I won't ever give up on my golfing pal.

Latest posts

Back