Money

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyluvsfilms

Reaction score
What do you think it says about a person that keeps changing the goalposts every time he reaches his savings target? If i could be less ocd about saving money and treat myself more often im sure i would be happier.

I think it just says you want to feel safe and in an uncertain world having some money put by is one way of achieving that, or at least feeling you have some security (I guess if the banks imploded again...)

I guess you need to find a balance between having the money and also being able to let it go.

What would you treat yourself to? Something you could keep, or an experience? I've found over the years that I always get bored with things I buy to keep, or they end up cluttering everywhere, so would rather spend money (when I have it) on experiences such as trips away, gigs, or just meals out in nice places from time!

ETA I meant from time to time, lol...

I think it says that you're a good person to borrow money from! :D (I'm kidding)

You should treat yourself a little more. Saving for the future is great, but it doesn't do a lot of good right now. A little money blown can sometimes go a long way in improving your happiness.

TheWalkingDead said:
I think it just says you want to feel safe and in an uncertain world having some money put by is one way of achieving that, or at least feeling you have some security (I guess if the banks imploded again...)

I guess you need to find a balance between having the money and also being able to let it go.

What would you treat yourself to? Something you could keep, or an experience? I've found over the years that I always get bored with things I buy to keep, or they end up cluttering everywhere, so would rather spend money (when I have it) on experiences such as trips away, gigs, or just meals out in nice places from time!

^^ This.
When I was younger, I wanted to "have."
Now that Im older, I'd rather "do."

If you spend more than you earn, you're in trouble.

Being penny pinching is good, too, but sometimes you need to treat yourself.

I have saved loads due to working hard and leading a simple life but i cant just drive somewhere for a coffee without factoring in the total cost including fuel haha its obviously about wanting control of a situation.

I am forever saving and I know how much I have after every pay check.
I do spend money on things I want but I don't spend massive amounts on things like houses or holidays.

I could really do with a holiday as i havent been away for years but you're looking at around a £1000 including spending money for just a simple beach holiday and i have a hard time justifying that.
Money has always been an issue with me, maybe its because i grew up fairly poor and most of my secondary school friends had rich parents, i think sometimes i save hard because i feel i have something to prove.

andyluvsfilms said:
I could really do with a holiday as i havent been away for years but you're looking at around a £1000 including spending money for just a simple beach holiday and i have a hard time justifying that.
Money has always been an issue with me, maybe its because i grew up fairly poor and most of my secondary school friends had rich parents, i think sometimes i save hard because i feel i have something to prove.

im thrifty. i save money. i buy things, i talk myself out of buying thing. i am not a collector, though i am not against collecting. i spend my money on what i think is worth it. if it is to see/do/have something that i think is important to me, then ill spend the money. is 1000 worth a trip to the beach for a week? maybe not to you. so, what is something you really want to do?

would i spend 1000 on cycling equipment? probably not, would i spend it on computer stuff? probably. would the cyclist spend 1000 on computer stuff? probably not. you get my point =p

I dont really have an expensive hobbys, im a film nerd, i like walks and National Trust stuff so it kinda comes down to experiences but im very mindful of throwing my money away when i may need it for something important down the line.
I just wish sometimes i wasnt so sensible, its not always a good thing.

Latest posts

Back