More In Sight On Singles

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was kinda dumb.

Anyway, single men usually have an EXTREMELY high amount of things in common. Same with single women.

I think the best thing that the article says is to NOT expect a first date to be hugely romantic or full of wonderful romance-movie feelings. That's some **** good advice. A first date doesn't HAVE to be a huge deal, and it doesn't have to be chock-full of the sort of swooning passion you'd find on a soap opera.

Sometimes dates just go wrong. Boring dates can lead to passionate relationships.

Don't automatically assume that a "bad" date is the other person's fault. Usually it isn't. It's just a swirling of events that neither of you can control; and you BOTH make little mistakes.

I say GIVE 'EM A SECOND DATE. After two or three more dates, you begin to see if there's a pattern.

So don't immediately judge a person by the first date.

That's the most important thing I found in that article.

SocratesX said:
Anyway, single men usually have an EXTREMELY high amount of things in common. Same with single women.

And I bet we all know what those are, don't we....

Code S.O.L said:
SocratesX said:

LEt me guess, they are both single! There, solved it. ;)

Code S.O.L said:
SocratesX said:

As I enjoy hearing parodies of myself, please share.

SocratesX said:

Well then..... for your entertainment.......

The long term single man in his late teens/early/mid/late 20's is........

-Obese/emancipated/untoned or 'average'
-Pale
-Poor personal hygene(eg: greasy hair, excessive acne, body odour, etc)
-Dresses 30 years older than he is, or blatant nerd paraphernalia
-displays passive personality traits
-has a mental/learning disability diagnosed in the autism spectrum
-is heavily embroiled in a hobby which involves computers/plastic/models/cards/etc
-Doesn't drive or own a car
-earns minimal wage, if even that
-lives at home with his parents

.... Did I miss anything?

Code S.O.L said:
SocratesX said:

-Pale
-is heavily embroiled in a hobby which involves computers/plastic/models/cards/etc

Holy honeysuckle, I'm laughing out loud! :p

Code S.O.L said:
SocratesX said:

-Pale

Yeah, you forgot to describe single women.

SocratesX said:

Well, one would assume that for the most part, the things that work negetively against us would work against them too.

Code S.O.L said:
SocratesX said:

Well, one would assume that for the most part, the things that work negetively against us would work against them too.

Oh, he seems to be easier on single women than on single men: We're all just fat and/or ugly.

We don't have the burden of having to have a good job or a flashy car. It's 100% based on our outward attractiveness.

Edited to add: By his reckoning, we women probably have age working against us too.

Though I've dated more now as an old hag in her 40s than when I was in my 20s. Go figure. That's purely anecdotal though.

This sentence in the article confused me though:
More men than women would marry a partner they weren’t sexually attracted to,

Ok, is here any guy who aggrees to this? Seriously?!?

cookie said:

I think it's the other way around.

Haha no... you got my single woman stereotype all wrong. The SocratesX stereotype for a single woman is a:

- in her late 30s
- dated hot sexy ******* men in her 20s
- has been single since her 29th birthday
- Type A
- single mother (about 50% of the time)
- chubby due to age and childbirth
- rejects ugly/weak men but tries to sound mature by saying it's cause he "doesn't connect with them emotionally" (instead of how she would have phrased it in her 20s, i.e. "he's an ugly ******* stalker, ewwwww")
- misandrist
- makes comments like "why are there no good men around?" or "all men suck"
- hopeless romantic with some fairy tale fantasy
- jealous of friends with "storybook weddings and big rocks"
- wants to go cougar but afraid of what society will think

Now before everyone jumps on me, guys remember, THIS IS A SATIRICAL POST!

cookie said:

I agree. Men don't have the options that women have. A lock can choose which keys open it, but a key can only open so many locks.

I read this article somewhere on the interwebs recently too. My fave myth is "Single parents are alone on Saturday night." That's certainly not true in my household. :) And before I decided to get back out there again, I was happily single. (Edited to add: And still am, actually :) )

Teresa

Sex ually attractive?
Honestly..No I wouldnt marry someone I wasnt sexually attractive to... I mean. ..If Ihave to put up wuth all the bitching N nagging...I might as will get what I want. It helps if she a little bit on the kinky side and not sexually up tight. A woman that can move her body and just not lay there as if were just having sex to just have babies. N as if earning sex with her is the ulitmate prize or use sex as a weapon or negociations...
When U lived with a couple of nympho
in ur life time.. U see it fron tthat angle.
anyway...I dont eally mind being single @ the moment. Ive been in relationships most of my life..so Im not really that hard up.Theres always a woman in my life @ various stage of trying to form am intimate relationship .
Single dosnt mean People dont date..dost it??? ..

I also read somewhere..That if you think or feel ur partner is sexy..They stay sexy..Becuz you also project what u see on to them..it happenes also..
Thats why some women stop taking care of themselve after a while..same with men...
It happened with Tracy...She graully transform when I went out with her. She was pretty already..but she got hawter and sexiier..changed her hair style ..clothe and carries herself differnent Vuz I like hawt sexy women...I also tell her shes beautiul ans sexy.

Sometimes I think Socrates is a little short-sighted, but that last post of his was devastatingly perceptive as a generalisation.

Latest posts

Back