My cat is dying...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Get Down!

Reaction score
and no other ******* family member cares.
I'm devastaded. And i'm crying like an idiot.
We have like 9 cats and i love them all. Actually i adore cats. Sometimes i feel that if i'm old and even though i have no one but cats to live with me, that would also be ok. Sort of.
Well yes so there's one of them dying today. Apparently there is a local disease going on. A cat plague. Not yet confirmed but possible.
So according to my parents.. i have to calm down. It's just a cat. It's life cyclus and whatever.
So if the plague thing turns out to be true we'll have 2 of them vaccinated. Yeah, just 2 out of 9. Cos it's expensive.
I wish I had the money. I'm the poorest student alive. I wish I had a driving licence. I'd take him to the vet myself.
Cos parents wont do it. "it's nothing we can do" is what they like to say. Ofcourse. So we wont even try.
And the last thing. I can't be really caught crying over a cat. It gets daddy annoyed.
Marvelous.

yeah it's not your usual thread here i know. i just feel like telling. I'm not sure even if i want sympathy. Cos nothing's gonna make my cat feel better.

so don't mind me. i think i'll cry again

oh well that's him and his twin.
He's the left one.
img1jx.jpg

that black thing down there is his sister's tail ofcourse.

I am sorry to hear about your cats. They can mean the world to us.
You are right nothing i can say is going to make your cat feel better or i would, but i am sorry. I know how difficult it can be.

thats horrible news :(

those two goodlookers kickass, i love tabbies. i was a tortiseshell addict for a long time thanks to the coolest ts when i was a kid, but since have gained a deep love for tabbies (the silver tigers of the cat world).

i came from a family where animals were almost disposable, mainly because my mom came from a farm and had the mentality that animals were mainly for work or a distraction at best. we went through a lot of animals - dogs and cats. after the first heartbreak i was less inclined to bond with an animal again, but now i have two hairy chickens (cats) that have been with me a long time (12yrs odd) and i dont want to nor do i think about them ever leaving me even though i know its inevitable.

i have never had an animal die on me, i have been lucky. one of my brothers cats had a lung infection and died coughing up blood and chocking in his arms - it tore him up. another friend of mine lost two cats to traffic, one died in her arms too - awful.

i would blow all my cash on saving my two buddies if it came to it. they are my family.

i have to say it again, those tabbies a **** cute!

peace.

Oh, I'm so sorry! I cried when our cat died. I wasn't even in the same country so I couldn't say goodbye or lavish her with love before she passed.

((((get down!)))))

OMFG I am so sorry to hear that :( My cat died awhile back and it ripped me apart. When you're lonely animals seem to be the only beings that really care, and when they di eyou feel like you've just been cast away onto and empty island with no one to care for...I know how you're feeling.

((((((((Get Down!)))))))

That is very sad indeed. I absolutely adore cats. My own is quite old already, ten years old, and has severe liver problems, meaning he vomits very often. According to the vets, it's incurable and the injections in our experience don't make much of a difference. I try not to think he might die anytime soon.

thank you all! at least for answering! it's kind of relaxing to know that i'm not being an idiot crying over one cat when there's still 8 left. lol.

I guess my parents were tired of me whining around the house so they called their vet friend and the poor kitty received a shot of some antibiotics. They probably won't help but he'll be back tomorrow or something.

I spent the whole afternoon thinking that this is somehow my fault. I was holding that cat and he climbed on my shoulder (i sometimes pretend i'm Pippi Longstock lol) and then he fell off and weirdly landed on his nose. He yelled and i saw his nose was scratched and i panicked later because he refused to eat, play, walk.. anything.
But the vet said that was not the case and that he fell off like this probably because of his illness. I still feel terrible. I managed to scratch the nose of a poor cat..just like dying itself isn't bad enough...
i'm not used to cats dying like that.
He's not the first cat that ever died in our house either. Mostly we lose cats because of idiotic creatures who think that villages are built for racing around.

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
thats horrible news :(

those two goodlookers kickass, i love tabbies. i was a tortiseshell addict for a long time thanks to the coolest ts when i was a kid, but since have gained a deep love for tabbies (the silver tigers of the cat world).

I had no idea what tortiseshell cats are like :D
So i googled the term and was tremendously surprised realising that we have one at home.
bettyp.jpg

I always thought of her as some sort of weird special genetic product.

oh.. right when i was about to post this my dad entered and told me the cat died.

at least.. he spared me double posting.

(((((Get Down)))))

Yes, if a cat falls oddly, it's usually a sign that something else is wrong. I'm so sorry he died.

Take care.

oh i'm so sorry get down, i adore cats as well,
and i know how sad i'd be if anything happened to our cats, i'm down at uni right now so i really miss them

there's nothing wrong with crying over a loved one cats are great compainions, and just becuase they aren't human doesn't mean we should treat them with any less kindness

it looks like a very nice kitty

i know it's hard, but these things happen in life,
i'm praying for your kitty

try to do the best you can to take care of them and if the worst happens,

just make sure they're comfortable and let them know that you love them

*Hugs get down*

:)

Latest posts

Back