My day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimizu

Reaction score
Here is a short log of what I did when I woke up and until now, together with my messed up thoughts. ^^

Today I went to buy eggs in the supermarket. It was grey and cloudy. I took my credit card and went to the ATM machine, about 300 metres from my house. On the way to the ATM machine I passed by a place where they give food to the needy. I wondered several things...

• What qualifies someone as "needy"? I am having trouble getting enough money for food myself...
  • How do they gain money? So many people in the town, so many people are well off, throw away their furniture every year, drive expensive cars. And yet there is this place. And none of them can donate to this place to feed miserable people, not even a single coin. They prefer to go to the mall and eat pizza until they vomit, but give nothing to someone who is starving.
  • What would happen if I tried to donate money to this place? I started thinking... they would probably do one of two things, either tell me to fresia off, or take my money and then use it for themselves, instead of buying more food for the poor people who come there to eat. I didn't trust this foodplace at all, if I want to give money to poor people, I would need to go find poor families on my own. Other humans can't be trusted with my money, because I know they will just put it in their pocket, or waste it on stupid crap. They won't make bigger or tastier meals. They don't care about the poor at all, it's just their job that they got, to keep their ass warm.

Later I passed by a synagogue with a religious jewish school, it was ringing its bell either for a break, or for a new lesson to start. I wondered how much money did the synagogue donate to that place where poor people can eat meals. Zero. I'm sure. But they did build themselves a huge iron gate with a golden star of david on it. Nobody can pass through without permission with such a gate! It's the house of god, and you're unwelcome there. Neither are dirty poor people. Didn't god say to help others? Didn't he command for humans to love each other? Well, not for those people. For those, god is about building a hierarchical structure, with a school where teachers dominate the children, and stronger children dominate weaker children, bully them, and make their life miserable. And they all study about god every day.

Then I passed by a kindergarten. Kids in the yard were brawling and yelling. Trying to determine the most dominant. Since the age of 4, they already learn to yell in a rude aggressive voice and to punch each other. It was like watching those birds on National Geographic, where the strongest chick kicks all others out of the nest so that it can get more food from its parents. Hierarchy is in human blood.

Why can't those kids play some nice game with each other, why can't they hug each other, why can't they say or do something nice? No, they yell and punch, trying to find out who is the most dominant. Their faces were cringed in aggression, teeth bared, and their roughened loud voices erupting from their throats. Hierarchy had to be built. I was happy that I never went to kindergarten.

Almost near the ATM machine, I passed through a park. There were two grandpas sitting on a bench. They stared at me menacingly, as if I'm their worst enemy. Even when they are 70 years old on pension, they don't give up the desire to dominate. Even the old grandpa tries to make me feel upset by staring at me angrily.

Finally, the ATM machine. It had a little green monochrome monitor and clicky keys. ^_^ I like using ATM machines. They never yell at you, they are clear and unambigous. They don't manipulate you, they don't make you feel upset or worthless. Computers are better than humans.

I took 100 moneyunits, and went to the supermarket.

When I was crossing the street, some man with an earring in his ear decided to stop his car exactly on the roadcrossing, almost bumping into me, so I had to go around his car.

This is against traffic rules, but hey, fresia traffic rules. He has an earring in his ear, so he's more important than traffic rules. What a confident man! Brought up by our lovely society.

He also had a fitting woman sitting next to him, with a look of derision on her face, as if the entire world is too crappy to exist around Her.

There were no eggs in the entire supermarket. I asked the lady in customer service about it, she said "we ordered, but the company didn't bring them, it's a fault on their part not ours"... as if I was blaming her, I just asked. But of course she has to attempt to feel dominant by blaming someone for whatever. She also gave me a nice "fresia off" stare, as if I made some terrible offense by asking her this question and disturbing her peace. Even though the reason why she works there is to answer customers' questions, that's what she gets paid for.

Then, eggless and disappointed I went home. On the way home some guy popped up from behind the corner and bumped into me. I said nothing and kept walking, then from like 30 metres away, he yells "idiot". I thought to show him a middle finger, but then decided not to waste energy being angry at morons and just went home.

Humans are nice. ^_^

**** sounds like you live in the sixth circle of Hell!

I thought your story was VERY insightful. I liked what you had to say about people building a beautiful iron gate rather than feeding the poor. This happens in every religion, I think. It's sad and sick to think that people think this is what God wants rather than helping people who really need it. I agree humans are not trustworthy with money. I agree it's better to give directly to those you see who are really suffering.

Because of school - I have had to do research and write many different papers about many different things. I had to write a paper about Kosovo and the tragedies that have occured between the Serbs and Armanians (I cried the whole time I wrote the **** thing). I had to study about the Holocaust and the Jewish community. I was trying to understand where the hate originated and what the reason was for it. I don't understand why the hate just can't stop. We may all have different religious backgrounds - but all religions basically come with the same messsage - about being a good person and treating your fellow man with kindness. Even Buddhism - which doesn't really worship a "God" like the Muslim, Jewish or Christians do.. Even the Buddhist philosophy is based on treating every kindly and living a good, right life.

Searching_4_My_Soul-Mate said:
Because of school - I have had to do research and write many different papers about many different things.  I had to write a paper about Kosovo and the tragedies that have occured between the Serbs and Armanians (I cried the whole time I wrote the **** thing).  I had to study about the Holocaust and the Jewish community. I was trying to understand where the hate originated and what the reason was for it.   I don't understand why the hate just can't stop.  We may all have different religious backgrounds - but all religions basically come with the same messsage - about being a good person and treating your fellow man with kindness.  Even Buddhism - which doesn't really worship a "God" like the Muslim, Jewish or Christians do..  Even the Buddhist philosophy is based on treating every kindly and living a good, right life.

I disagree with that idea, really; most of the western religions are more focused on indoctrination and growth as opposed to personal well-being. The Christian bible has all sorts of particularly violent metaphors, especially the central tenent of the whole sacrifice to kill or murder the slaveholders' first-borns carried out through the entire thing.

That's one concept I always found funny; the angel of death doesn't come down to the houses that have killed for the deity already, and the angel comes specifically to kill children, and then the whole thing is repeated later, with more being said about how nice it is to be a sheep.

Baa.

[/quote]
I disagree with that idea, really; most of the western religions are more focused on indoctrination and growth as opposed to personal well-being. The Christian bible has all sorts of particularly violent metaphors, especially the central tenent of the whole sacrifice to kill or murder the slaveholders' first-borns carried out through the entire thing.

That's one concept I always found funny; the angel of death doesn't come down to the houses that have killed for the deity already, and the angel comes specifically to kill children, and then the whole thing is repeated later, with more being said about how nice it is to be a sheep.

Baa.
[/quote]

I never looked at it like that before. I guess I was referring more to the 10 commandments. But yes - there are some really terrible stories in the bible.. One particular one is where a follower of God has everything taken from him - his child included... This was all done to prove a point that this man would still follow God - regardless of his misfortune. Or - how about the Noah's ark story? God is mad at everyone so he creates a big flood to kill mankind.

But in the end, religion is the source of morality. With nothing to keep them in line, nothing to teach them that you have to treat others kindly, humans become horrible creatures. Free to be as evil as they can, no limits to stop them.

Society degrades, violence and rudeness predominates, and lonely people like us suffer.

Most humans also have naturally expanding confidence, and naturally expanding arrogance to accompany it. With nothing to stop it from growing, a typical human's ego soon overshadows the whole world. It's something that has to be restrained, and that's what religion is for.

Keeping people's egos on an acceptable level.

Then even people like us who have low self esteem can relate to other humans somehow... because they don't become THAT far away from us. They can even have sympathy for the lonely, poor, and sick, if their ego is kept in check.

Better to live in a city of sheep who treat you nice, than in a city of wolves who eat you alive.

Baa.

I disagree with that idea, really; most of the western religions are more focused on indoctrination and growth as opposed to personal well-being.
A religion based on personal well-being? Now that would be lovely. Since people aren't already focused enough on that.
We need even more ruthlessness, even less compassion.

It's sad, because when everybody is so extremely selfish, life becomes miserable for everyone. Then everyone becomes lonely because you can trust no one. Everyone is just concerned with their own personal well-being. ^_^

A world of ruthless capitalism, like Ayn Rand has envisioned.

[/quote]
A religion based on personal well-being? [/quote]

Satanism....Its funny when you Really look at everyone, they all seem to have a little bit of Satanism in them. But i prefer to imagine little red goblin devils sitting in people's brains controlling their human host with mechanical levers and buttons. But hey, who knows right?

I know of Satanism, it's funny because their credo is "do whatever you want"... haha so what if someone comes and kills the satanist's daughter? Will he enjoy that particular way of the murderer's self-expression?

It's better to be nice to each other still.... but who can convince humans of that?

Hi Mimi,

I totally agree with your point. That humans are selfish and cruel. I do believe it's our nature to be evil and we have to fight that nature. Religion does help create a sense of order in society and helps people to resist evil. I have not really found the religion that is right for me yet, but I hope to. I pray to God because I do believe in God. Sometimes I really am angry at him and hate him but I still do believe in him, at least 90 percent of the time.

mimizu said:
I know of Satanism, it's funny because their credo is "do whatever you want"... haha so what if someone comes and kills the satanist's daughter? Will he enjoy that particular way of the murderer's self-expression?

It's better to be nice to each other still.... but who can convince humans of that?

I dont think he would enjoy it. But then he would have the right "in his head" to seek revenge. to satsfy his anger/sadness.

What bugs me about religions are their set rules. I think to beleave in something unknown is one thing. but to sit in front of another human being and say this is right and this is wrong because we say so seems horribly wrong.
time

mike3486 said:
What bugs me about religions are their set rules.  I think to beleave in something unknown is one thing.  but to sit in front of another human being and say this is right and this is wrong because we say so seems horribly wrong.
time

Amen to that, Mike. I call religion "man's law". There is a difference between spirituality and religion. I have been to church where all the "do-gooders" come up and hug you. They are all like "Welcome!" and act like your new best freind - right before stabbing you in the back. It is like they go to church to prove to everyone else what a good person they are.

I was brought up Catholic and have had some issues with the church. I asked a woman to be my sponsor when I made my confirmation. I was really close to her - she was like a big sister to me. But the church would not approve her to be my sponsor because she was a "divorced" woman. What an eye opener that was to me. Now, let me tell you something about her character. She was indeed a divorced woman. But she was a honest - hardworking mother of 3 small children who divorced her husband because he was beating the honeysuckle out of her. So - considering the circumstances - I would hope that God would understand. Especially since they tell us that "Christ died for our sins!" Which means that even child murderers are to be forgiven. But yet they aren't going to forgive this woman for being divorced from a man who beat her? Apparently - being a good person, being honest and helping others isn't enough.

Um...
This is the guest that posted the comment about the religion being a personal sort of like well-being thing; I think I wasn't clear in saying that the major Western religions are in favor of exiling potential outsiders, because one of the major tenants of the belief system is that those who don't toe the line are enemies. The whole idea of "Personal well-being" was meant as a Socratic, "Good," idea, like a person who is "Well" will be a person who is, generally, a good person, or a person who is more capable of being, generally, welcoming and communal to other people.
Of course, I could be wrong about what, "Good," is; it could be a machine unscrewing something out of the back of one's head.
But.
The idea that a belief dedicated to making oneself, "Good," as opposed to a religion dedicated to amalgamation, and expansion, is a better way of going about belief just comes from the idea that I think it's not exactly the best idea to have two authorities telling one what is ethical; a separation between ethics, or what can be enforced, and morality, or what one believes is, "Good," can be good because then one chooses to do what is moral, and is only prevented from doing things that are unethical.
With a person choosing to be, "The good," then that person will not have to fight himself over what is ethical. I think a person in conflict with himself is more likely to want that conflict expressed, which will involve conflicting with things outside itself.
If that didn't make sense, then I apologize for wasting your time.

Guest said:
Um...
This is the guest that posted the comment about the religion being a personal sort of like well-being thing; I think I wasn't clear in saying that the major Western religions are in favor of exiling potential outsiders, because one of the major tenants of the belief system is that those who don't toe the line are enemies. The whole idea of "Personal well-being" was meant as a Socratic, "Good," idea, like a person who is "Well" will be a person who is, generally, a good person, or a person who is more capable of being, generally, welcoming and communal to other people.
Of course, I could be wrong about what, "Good," is; it could be a machine unscrewing something out of the back of one's head.
But.
The idea that a belief dedicated to making oneself, "Good," as opposed to a religion dedicated to amalgamation, and expansion, is a better way of going about belief just comes from the idea that I think it's not exactly the best idea to have two authorities telling one what is ethical; a separation between ethics, or what can be enforced, and morality, or what one believes is, "Good," can be good because then one chooses to do what is moral, and is only prevented from doing things that are unethical.
With a person choosing to be, "The good," then that person will not have to fight himself over what is ethical. I think a person in conflict with himself is more likely to want that conflict expressed, which will involve conflicting with things outside itself.
If that didn't make sense, then I apologize for wasting your time.

Oops.. Sorry about that. And to think this thread started out about Mimizu not being able to buy eggs. Tee hee hee...

Latest posts

Back