My father thinks , life is an ultra competition !!!!!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes he is that type of person .

Sometimes i try to go through his head , and i think according to him , a person can become a doctor , a programmer , an engineer and even a pilot at the same time if one tries hard enough .

The thing is he doesn't even have a proper high school education

But whenever he opens his mouth he gives long lectures about how everyone should act all the time

I feel like life is an ultra competition, but I wish it were not, and I don't think it should still have to be that way, or that it necessarily has to be that way. I feel like all the advancements we've had in science and technology, as well as becoming more civilized and less violent (on average) and more compassionate/understanding in how we treat each other, should result in a LESS competitive world.

Some people say competition is human nature, I say there is no "human nature" because we're sentient beings, we're not machines operating on base instinct, we can choose a higher road than "kill or be killed". We can make our nature as a species, and as individuals, whatever we choose it to be. We were the way we were before because of a lack of science and technology, and because we were ignorant, we didn't know better. But now we do, so life doesn't have to be as cold, uncaring, cruel, and unpleasant anymore.

And that's why I really don't like people that want to turn back the clock and go back to even MORE survival of the fittest. That's devolving, if you ask me. Except for the few people that benefit from it, it makes everything else worse for everyone. It's disappointing and disillusioning, that we seem to be regressing back towards Darwinian competition after we'd been softening it for a while. I wish society focused on supporting people's self-actualization instead. Then I think we'd have less mental health problems, less crime and violence, and so on. I don't think we could eliminate these things entirely, at least not this way alone. But I do think that scarcity (not money, that's just on the surface) is the root of a lot of evil and dysfunction in the world. Money is just Freedom Units (instead of dollars, maybe they should call them Freedoms? it's a little on-the-nose, but accurate). Why do people want money though? Because of scarcity. I think there's a direct correlation between scarcity and a lot of these problems we keep hearing about on the news that no one seems to have an answer for, or want to answer. Get rid of, or at least significantly reduce scarcity, and I think a lot of societal ills would disappear with it, or at least be greatly diminished.

We could start by subsidizing education more, because as technology changes at an increasingly faster pace, people are going to have to keep getting re-educated, more often.

“It is now highly feasible to take care of everybody on Earth at a higher standard of living than any have ever known. It no longer has to be you or me. Selfishness is unnecessary and henceforth unrationalizable as mandated by survival.”

- Buckminster Fuller

Last edited:
He always thinks that life is always an ultra competition
and winning it every time is the only option in life .

i think that is a retarded way of thinking about life
Most people have their own way of thinking about life, luckily we can all make our own minds up and you don't have to necessarily follow him in that way. I can see why it would sometimes be annoying, but I suppose it's not the worst thing in the world to think.

Most people have their own way of thinking about life, luckily we can all make our own minds up and you don't have to necessarily follow him in that way. I can see why it would sometimes be annoying, but I suppose it's not the worst thing in the world to think.
I agree, like how can you fault someone for trying hard and wanting to be surrounded by others who do? Most people are obnoxious in one way or another anyway.

He always thinks that life is always an ultra competition
and winning it every time is the only option in life .

i think that is a retarded way of thinking about life
I think that's a stupid mentality to have really. Life is full of wins and losses, you don't win every single day. It would be tiresome dealing with someone with that kind of mentality, because you can't have 9 amazing jobs or fields to study in as life isn't long enough 😂 . Everyone thinks differently and it's what makes us unique, so forcing someone to be like you isn't right😄.

Latest posts

Back