My flipping story

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The One

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been through a little string of events and I feel I need to express it here as I'm a bit confused and upset about it, well actually I'm very upset about it, but here goes:

Well in my school I really liked this girl, terribly actually, but I didn't even know her, I just found her to be really beautiful, so I would always make plans of how I'd start conversation with her, but in the end I just thought I shouldn't really plan it and just say "hello" when I see her, she's in the year below me though.

Only problem is, every time I passed her all my confidence just instantly flushes out of me, and I'm forced to walk past, I can't help it. So my friend gave some advice of asking if she knows where I can find this guy, so the next day I did while she was with some friends, she was attentive enough, and said "yeah" a lot, but not in a bad way.

They asked why and I said he owes me money, then they were all willing to pay but I declined, however one of her friends put a 50p in my pocket, so 2 days after I decided to go to that girl I liked and I said"you're friend gave me this 50p, can you give it to her?" She goes "didn't thingie owe you though?" I said "he already paid."

Then she sighed, and started replying to everything with "why" all the time, and a slight look of "what the hell" was shown on her face, I then, possible a mistake, asked her what her name was, though I already knew, to which she responded, "why", and her face had even more of a look of disgust, it made everything really awkward.

Ever since then I feel that she doesn't like me for some reason, I probably did something wrong, but it's made me very sad, however I overcame the feeling, but then I saw her face today as I was walking, and walked past her, and then it all came back.

She's Polish, but that's it really, I feel terrible about it, I'm unsure whether I should just leave or if I should not give up, or am I doing something wrong, I've never talked to a girl I like THAT much, so yeah.

THanks for hearing me out

Well kudos for talking to her to begin with!

I may be wrong, but I've found eastern european people to be to the point and not so "Hi! How are ya?" and huggy and kissy. Might just be me.

If you have the confidence why not just be direct and ask her out?

Because I feel that it's jumping into it, I wanted o get to know her first, then talk to her a lot like a friend, then add her on facebook and talk sometimes, and THEN say "do you want to do something anytime?", I thought she'd be open, she seems friendly and girly with her friends, but with me it's like, "weird sixth former..."

Ah I don't know, I'm trying to forget it, but seeing her face makes it hard

Well I suppose this will help either way. Maybe she can see you're interested in her and wondering "Why does this older guy want a little girl like me?"

I'm hating myself for this already, but yolo (eww, I'm so gonna shower after this!) ask her and if she says yes, great, if she says no, you know. It's not like you're dropping this completely out of nowhere she knows who you are

What are you hating yourself for?

Thanks for congratulating me on even saying something, I don't even know where that came from, but there's no way I could say that, I'd just feel a full flush in my body if I approach her and try to say that, and I can guarantee she'd say no, plus I'd feel dead awkward every time I'd see her from then on if she said no

Oh you mean the use of slang? That's nothing, it's fine

The One said:
Because I feel that it's jumping into it, I wanted o get to know her first, then talk to her a lot like a friend, then add her on facebook and talk sometimes, and THEN say "do you want to do something anytime?", I thought she'd be open, she seems friendly and girly with her friends, but with me it's like, "weird sixth former..."

even at your age it's pretty obvious if a girl likes you (even as friends). If she is hard work to talk to then I would move on to somebody else. Don't focus all your attention on her just because she's cute.

Triple Bogey said:
The One said:

even at your age it's pretty obvious if a girl likes you (even as friends). If she is hard work to talk to then I would move on to somebody else. Don't focus all your attention on her just because she's cute.

Whu? I thought the cuteness was the whole point!

jzinsky said:
Triple Bogey said:
The One said:

Exactly!

The One said:
jzinsky said:
Triple Bogey said:
The One said:

Exactly!

Also she's Polish, so cute AND a sexy accent? Have you not asked her yet? GO MAN GO!

I can't, I just know she doesn't like me, I don't know why, and I don't have that confidence, I mean people don't just do that in my school.

Latest posts

Back