My introduction...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLoneShark

Reaction score
DOB: March 3rd, 1978

Well, I'm new to this site so here's my intro... I'm an honest hard-working guy with very little time to enjoy life these days. My loneliness is taking it's toll on me, that's why I decided to join this site for help coping with this issue. I've dealt with depression off and on since I was a kid. I used to see doctors and therapists, and I've taken prescription drugs to help me manage my condition.

In recent years, however, I've been trying my best to live without having to take meds and visiting therapists and simply trying to live life like a normal human being. Currently, I'm juggling 2 jobs to make ends meet. My main job during the week is delivering computer hardware/software between PA & NJ, which pays pretty well and the people I work with are cool. On Saturdays, I work a lousy retail job overnight at Target.

With that being said, I really don't have much time to get out anymore. Some days I don't do anything at all, and I'll just lay in my bedroom all day watching tv and dwelling on my problems. However, when I do go out it's usually to the local poolrooms, where I spend many hours at a time either practicing or playing against other people. The poolroom is like my sactuary. I've been a serious pool player for years, and I have a deep passion for the game. Hence the name, "TheLoneShark".

I have a very small circle of friends, and no girlfriend. All my family is in upstate NJ & NYC, so I only see them once every few months. I've always had trust issues with people, so I try not to disclose too much about my personal problems. I find it very hard to meet new people these days, especially women, as I tend to get a lot of social anxiety when I'm around them. My confidence level is at an all-time low, and it seems to get worse the older I get, as most of my life I've had nothing but failed relationships.

Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna die an old lonely man. I'm turning 36 tomorrow March 3rd, and I feel like the years are just passing me by, with no hope of things looking brighter for me. All I can do is just take it one day at a time and pray for the best. I seriously hope that I made a good call by joining this site, because I need a place where I can be heard and share what I'm going through with other loners who might be in the same situation that I'm in. It never hurts to have a solid support group.

For anyone reading this, thanks for hearing me out. And please, feel free to message me if you have any advice or just need someone to talk to :)

Hey there, Shark, and welcome.

There are plenty of other people here in similar situations. Im sure you will find a little something of interest here on the forum. :)

Hi Shark.. welcome.

I can relate to all that you said. Happy Birthday!

EveWasFramed said:

There are plenty of other people here in similar situations. Im sure you will find a little something of interest here on the forum. :)

Thanks Eve, I see you're a big-time regular here.

TheLoneShark said:
EveWasFramed said:

Thanks Eve, I see you're a big-time regular here.

I suppose I've been around a while, yes.

LadyDaria said:
Hi Shark.. welcome.

I can relate to all that you said. Happy Birthday!

Thanks Daria, for the birthday wish. Chances are, I won't be working tomorrow due to a late night snow storm that's supposed to be hitting my area, about 6" to a foot :(. The entire northeast has gotten hammered this winter. Can't wait for springtime to get here aleady.

TheLoneShark said:
Thanks Daria, for the birthday wish. Chances are, I won't be working tomorrow due to a late night snow storm that's supposed to be hitting my area, about 6" to a foot :(. The entire northeast has gotten hammered this winter. Can't wait for springtime to get here aleady.

Me too. But on this I am going to have to do a little gloating. I was set for most of the week to get this snow storm... but, I am not getting any because, and get this.... there is too much cold air pushing the snow at you! Whahhhhatt?

Crazy.

I hope that you don't have to work in the weather.

Happy Belated Birthday! I have only been on here for a month, but this site has really helped me. :) Welcome!

I hope all is well with you. I don't have all the answers but I have a good heart and a great listening/understanding ear if you ever need it.

Latest posts

Back