My life...as exciting as I can make it.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davechaos

Reaction score
So here I am...hiya to everyone.

I have a great career and a beautiful girlfriend...so why do I feel the need to be on here? I have read so many posts from a lot of people and I kind of feel a little guilty as most of you have genuine concerns where as mine seems a little pathetic.

I have no friends at all. Yes my family is always there should I need them but I have never done the friends thing...those I did have became distant at the breakdown of my marriage...it seemed that my friends were all her friends...this led to too much drink and lack of food...working to fill the time...and now I have a lovely partner...but I still don't have the friendship circle. My partner is taking her son out tonight...he is 20...and what am I up to...well you can see the answer to that.

Boredom sets in and then you just wait for the time to pass you by before you go to bed...and then you wake up in the morning to find that the same thing happens again.

I would love to chat with people and slowly develop a wider circle of friends...real ones...ones that I can drop a line to and they can to me...ones that I may meet one day...ones that have a life and can show me how I am supposed to have one.

If I don't widen my social circle then I will drive my partner away with unreasonable time demands...the reason why all my relationships have failed.

If you can help I would love some advice...and a chat.

Hello davechaos, you put that very eloquently, much better than I ever could.
I can so relate to the boredom and waiting for time to pass but in my case it's apathy, people have stopped inviting me anywhere because I never go.
I'm new too, it seems very friendly.

scotsgirl said:
Hello davechaos, you put that very eloquently, much better than I ever could.
I can so relate to the boredom and waiting for time to pass but in my case it's apathy, people have stopped inviting me anywhere because I never go.
I'm new too, it seems very friendly.

Thank you for your reply.

I am sitting here in a large house all on my own...again. Is it sad to say that all I have ever wanted in my life is to be surrounded by someone who will love me as much as I would love them?

I think I have found that person but we don't see each other a lot and often the rest of my time is empty. There has to be more to life than 'keeping busy.' I cried tonight for a while...the emptiness is a lonely place.

Hi there mate. That's not pathetic at all. we all need friends. I would say its the boredom that gets me as well. And that is one thing you do get if you have not got many friends. I mean having a partner dose help I would say but I do think its important to have friends as well.

Welcome BTW :)

Thanks for that. I do know what you mean. Much like Scotsgirl I got many invites etc when I was at Uni but turned them down to be with someone...then before you know where you are you have split up from them and suddenly you realise there are no friends...or that your friends have their own lives.

My partner was out with her son last night and I was thinking who I could text or talk to....the answer was no-one. I am not a naturally jealous person...I don't mind my partner having time of their own to be with friends and family, and I may well become involved in that as we grow closer together...but sometimes you wish that you had the same situation, a set of friends you could talk to, meet up with occasionally, pop round and see.

The boredom and loneliness last night was the worst it has been for a very long time.

Yea I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes you just gotta get out and do something. very difficult when your on ye own.

You know something that's helped me. And this come with a surprise. I have face book and unlike myspace I have mostly just added ppl I know IRL and they has been ppl add me from way back. I even got a wedding invite fro it lol and I attended and had a good time :D I was not into face book at the start but stuck with it and its proved helpful in its retarded way in how it works lol I don't like how the sight works but it has and is proving to be useful to me. I was surprised cos most of my old mates I would not have thought they would have a PC but goes to prove me wrong as most ppl have now days. And ye I ramble on a bit sometimes lol

Oh and being a head master I hope you don't make me do extra home work on my grammar ;)

First, it is very nice to meet you. I am so glad that you could join us. I haven't been here long, but so far, it has turned out to be a very rewarding and informative experience. People here are very freindly and always willing to lend an ear if you need it. I really don't have any tips or suggestions that I can offer to you, since our situations are less than comparable. But, if you ever need someone who will just listen and keep you some company, then feel free to drop me a line. Again, welcome Dave, we are very glad to have you here with us.

Bluey said:
Yea I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes you just gotta get out and do something. very difficult when your on ye own.

You know something that's helped me. And this come with a surprise. I have face book and unlike myspace I have mostly just added ppl I know IRL and they has been ppl add me from way back. I even got a wedding invite fro it lol and I attended and had a good time :D I was not into face book at the start but stuck with it and its proved helpful in its retarded way in how it works lol I don't like how the sight works but it has and is proving to be useful to me. I was surprised cos most of my old mates I would not have thought they would have a PC but goes to prove me wrong as most ppl have now days. And ye I ramble on a bit sometimes lol

Oh and being a head master I hope you don't make me do extra home work on my grammar ;)

Thanks for the face book suggestion but given the job I do I cannot submit a profile...holding the position that I do it would put me at risk with other people...current pupils, parents etc. It is the same with myspace.

Networking sites are good for a lot of people...but sadly I am not allowed to use them.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Irishdoll said:
First, it is very nice to meet you. I am so glad that you could join us. I haven't been here long, but so far, it has turned out to be a very rewarding and informative experience. People here are very freindly and always willing to lend an ear if you need it. I really don't have any tips or suggestions that I can offer to you, since our situations are less than comparable. But, if you ever need someone who will just listen and keep you some company, then feel free to drop me a line. Again, welcome Dave, we are very glad to have you here with us.

Hiya. Many thanks for your offer. I may well have to take you up on that offer...of course it goes the other way too.

davechaos said:
Bluey said:

Thanks for the face book suggestion but given the job I do I cannot submit a profile...holding the position that I do it would put me at risk with other people...current pupils, parents etc. It is the same with myspace.

Networking sites are good for a lot of people...but sadly I am not allowed to use them.

Oh, I can understand that actually. You could make an account under a foils name and make the account set to privet so no one could search for it and the only ppl on there would be who you added. Are you don't even need to add ppl. just to have an account would mean you could search for ppl yourself. But ye to get the full benefit with something like that it would pay moor if you was honest with your details but I would say its not worth risking your job for.

But ye I can imagine in your job if you had an account and it was publick it would get spammed like crazy anyway. I totally would have if I had a teacher on there when I was at school lol

Bluey said:
davechaos said:
Bluey said:

Oh, I can understand that actually. You could make an account under a foils name and make the account set to privet so no one could search for it and the only ppl on there would be who you added. Are you don't even need to add ppl. just to have an account would mean you could search for ppl yourself. But ye to get the full benefit with something like that it would pay moor if you was honest with your details but I would say its not worth risking your job for.

But ye I can imagine in your job if you had an account and it was publick it would get spammed like crazy anyway. I totally would have if I had a teacher on there when I was at school lol

There is probably fear that he will try to contact a student and so I bet parents and the like frown on them having a profile or something.

davechaos said:
... I kind of feel a little guilty as most of you have genuine concerns where as mine seems a little pathetic.

If I don't widen my social circle then I will drive my partner away with unreasonable time demands...the reason why all my relationships have failed.

Actually i find your concern touching, not pathetic.

Welcome:)

Latest posts

Back