my loneliness is killing me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bethel1

Reaction score
Now days i can't stand it anymore, my loneliness is killing me. I am a college student, a girl, 22 years old. I always dreamed of college to have friends and have fun but that is not happening right now. Its just came to the point that i hate my existence. I have no friends wheter a boy or a girl. i mean i went to highschool in differnt country, i am from another country, but still i should be able to make friends and have fun. my typical day is, go to the school, have my class without even say a word with anybody do my school work and go home. this is not life, i am bored with it. Can anybody help me to overcome this problem of mine. thanks.

bethel1 said:
Now days i can't stand it anymore, my loneliness is killing me. I am a college student, a girl, 22 years old. I always dreamed of college to have friends and have fun but that is not happening right now. Its just came to the point that i hate my existence. I have no friends wheter a boy or a girl. i mean i went to highschool in differnt country, i am from another country, but still i should be able to make friends and have fun. my typical day is, go to the school, have my class without even say a word with anybody do my school work and go home. this is not life, i am bored with it. Can anybody help me to overcome this problem of mine. thanks.

So what's your problem? Do you want to speak to people but feel unable to? What are the reasons?

bethel1 said:

Hmm . . . That reminds me of myself when I first moved to this country 7 years ago.
The tips -----> Find someone with friendly face, start talking to her. Try to find someone who you think is nice, friendly and kind to have lunch with. During break time, have a small talk with classmates. Joing activities and clubs that you are interested in. =) That's how I overcome it. Hope this will help.

i had that exact problem, what country are you from? what country are you in?

Hi,

This is a big challenge but also a big opportunity. Try to talk to other students in your classes. Don't wear headphones or look unavailable to talk. Check your expression in the mirror and make sure you're not frowning or looking too sad.

Get to class early and hang out outside the door and chat with others who show up. Also, leave class slowly, don't rush away. You have to "hang around" and not be moving in transit.

Another idea; wear interesting, unique things that are "conversation starters". That way, you'll attract people commenting on your cool watch or hat or bag, etc. Don't be afraid to look unique.

Hope this helps. Don't give up!

nooooooooo way! im a lonely high school student looking forward to university. lol

i guess ill be lonely there too since im shy........

well i dont mind being lonely since im used to it, but in high school i do because the classes are SMALL and everyone knows each other...at least university is such a big place no one cares about anyone...

Latest posts

Back