My Mom Might Have Breast Cancer.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lonelygirl

Wouldn't you feckin know it? My ONLY friend on the entire planet, the only person I've had to talk to for the past 32 years on this earth...today was told at the drs office (she's been feeling tired and achey but ignored it for at least 6 months until I told her she HAD to get a dr. appointment). The dr. told her she had a big lump. And it hurts. She has to go for a mammogram next week. And then a painful needle biopsy.

WHY WHY WHY is life so ******* unfair? Please tell me what I would do if I lost my only friend.

Im sorry to hear that. I know its not much, but im here for you if you wana talk. I hope the best for your mom.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the support. It's really scary. I am dead serious when I tell you that I don't have any other friends. My son has one playmate and his mom and I talk on the play dates. However we don't have that much in common so it's not like we're really close.

Do you have any friends? Any person you can trust not to harm you or judge you? I don't...just my mom. Even though she has driven me SOO crazy at times, I always knew she wanted the best for me. I don't really know that with any other person on the earth!

I dont have any friends either. long story short im stuck in an area and because of certain things that happened i created bad social skillz over the year and have lost connections with my old friends. I feel for you. The only thing to can help is Time really. And hope never hurts either.

My mom almost had this scare but it turned out to be a cyst. I hope your mom doesnt have cancer and if it is a cyst they can get rid of it. If she does have it I can give you support, i lost my dad to cancer. But i wouldnt know how you feel since your mom is your best friend, i never knew my dad.

Hi Abi,

Thanks for the kind words. I believe that it was just a cyst. The mammogram came back looking good rather than anything cancerous.

my mom has breast cancer. she had her left breast removed, so that the cancer will not spread.

IF EVER your mom has it too (I HOPE NOT!)

YOU CAN ALWAYS TALK TO ME... if you like?
like you, im also close to my mother.

I WISH that all the test results of your mom will be negative for cancer.

my email: [email protected]

My mom, coincidentally, got diagnosed with breast cancer a week ago. She has to go under in a few days for surgery to find out if it's benign or malignant. It's very early because she was always good at keeping up with doctor's appointments and taking care of herself. However, it is driving me crazy. If anyone didn't deserve to get it, it was her. She's done so much for me, and I feel like I've taken it for granted most of the time. I'm terrified that I'll lose her and that I've wasted my opportunity to enjoy time with her......I don't know what I would do without her. I came home the other day and asked how she was doing (she had come home from an appointment) and she burst into tears ... and it was really unnerving because she has always been the make a brave face type... I hugged her for a long time because it was the only thing I could do.

I am glad that your mom's mammogram came back OK. Lame timing for all of these, huh?

lonelygirl said:
Wouldn't you feckin know it? My ONLY friend on the entire planet, the only person I've had to talk to for the past 32 years on this earth...today was told at the drs office (she's been feeling tired and achey but ignored it for at least 6 months until I told her she HAD to get a dr. appointment). The dr. told her she had a big lump. And it hurts. She has to go for a mammogram next week. And then a painful needle biopsy.

WHY WHY WHY is life so ******* unfair? Please tell me what I would do if I lost my only friend.

Hey Janus,

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she will be able to fight it off and get better, and beat the cancer. Is her overall health good?

Just spend all the time you can with her now, support her, cheer her up, let her know you love her! Tell her every day the special things she's done for you and how you treasure her!

Latest posts

Back