my music

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers! It's good to do my own stuff..I've spent years just sitting behind a drumkit..I've recently bought tons of instuments and recording gear so it's work,work,work,:cool:

oh good. :)

your voice reminds me of Porcupine Tree's Steve Wilson for some reason... and the general sound reminds me of their older things... good work!

good stuff man. it seems like you really have a sound that you have found. keep it up and good luck.

hey Mike Moose! totally loved 'more than meets the eye'. you've got a real nice style. i'm loving it. do let us know when you post new stuff?! :D

take care

mimi low

mimi low said:
hey Mike Moose! totally loved 'more than meets the eye'. you've got a real nice style. i'm loving it. do let us know when you post new stuff?! :D

take care

mimi low
thank you..i've got stuff cooking will post when ready.

Your stuff isn't exactly my cup of tea...but it IS good. :) In fact I'm not entirely sure that I believe it was ALL YOU! ;) haha

It sounds definitely professional...has a nice atmosphere, and is probably fairly marketable. *shrug* Pretty good, I think.

Badjedidude said:
Your stuff isn't exactly my cup of tea...but it IS good. :) In fact I'm not entirely sure that I believe it was ALL YOU! ;) haha

It sounds definitely professional...has a nice atmosphere, and is probably fairly marketable. *shrug* Pretty good, I think.
thank you...oh yes it's all me :cool:..i've played music since i was a tyke bashing buscuit tins..i've been in bands since i was 14..i am now 39..i play guitar,sing,drums,bass,keyboard and anything else that i can wrangle a sound out of...
it's all recorded on the Tascam 2488 Neo 24 track home studio which i set up in my living room..luckily my neighbours are cool and don't mind the noise now and then as long as it is not constant..
But i know what you mean i could be lying my ass off.For all you know I could be a 60 year old woman from Vorkuta who's stolen someone's identity! Stranger things have happened here in cyberspace.Have you read about the recent suicide voyeur? totally f***ed up!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yeur-nurse-encouraged-people-kill-online.html
just goes to show that you gotta becareful who you interact with....the internet can bite!!

anyhow..thanks for your kind comments...hope all's OK with you...are you a musician??

Mike Moose said:
For all you know I could be a 60 year old woman from Vorkuta who's stolen someone's identity!

Haha...well, I wasn't insinuating that you're not who you say you are... it's just pretty amazing/unbelievable that one person could play all of that and arrange it all together like that. Oh, the wonders of modern technology! :p

Kudos to you for doing it. :)

Mike Moose said:
anyhow..thanks for your kind comments...hope all's OK with you...are you a musician??

Yeah. I'm a drummer....recently getting into guitar. I've mostly only done it for fun, but I have been in a couple of really small bands. Thanks for asking. :)

yeah man..the technology coming out today is truely liberating..now musicians can produce their own sounds and not have to rely on industry leeches..i'm well into the idea of myspace music and have discovered vast amounts of truely inspirational souls..
It can get tricky doing it by myself and getting it all to gel and I'm new to the singing dutues (take 50 sometimes hee hee!) but it's worth it when I get the results I like..
ya another drummer huh? what drummers do you like? have you played gigs yet?

check out these loonies!
[youtube]erE8WTngaAY[/youtube]

best wishes
madam beletsky
dagwood forest
Vorkuta
:D

Hmmm...well, my two favorite drummers are Buddy Rich and Neil Peart....so I usually enjoy playing jazzy stuff, maybe a little anti-rhythm when I can.

Yeah, I've done a few shows. Nothing major...I think the largest crowd I've ever been in front of was around 100 or so. But still really fun. :)

Anonymouse said:
'Fairly maketable', haha.

Very funny. :p lol I can see the wrinkles of disdain around your nose. XD

Badjedidude said:
Hmmm...well, my two favorite drummers are Buddy Rich and Neil Peart....so I usually enjoy playing jazzy stuff, maybe a little anti-rhythm when I can.

Yeah, I've done a few shows. Nothing major...I think the largest crowd I've ever been in front of was around 100 or so. But still really fun. :)

Anonymouse said:
'Fairly maketable', haha.

Very funny. :p lol I can see the wrinkles of disdain around your nose. XD
oo jazz not really my field...I know nothing about the anti-rhythm but I do like Terry Cox from Pentangle he can do that..
I prefer a smaller crowd but not too small.I once played in a cowshed to about 5 people and I think they were waiting for the next band.

Loved the songs, they're incredibly catchy. You've really found a great sound for yourself too, it's very natural and pure.

Makes me wish I had the room for a real drum kit at my place. VST drums just can't hold a candle to the real thing.

Talus said:
Loved the songs, they're incredibly catchy. You've really found a great sound for yourself too, it's very natural and pure.

Makes me wish I had the room for a real drum kit at my place. VST drums just can't hold a candle to the real thing.
Thanks Talus..you've got some good sounds going on too!..Yeah I know what you mean about VST drums and the like..just not the same!..I used to use recording studios to record the drums..but at this place I've struck a deal with my neighbours to make a bit of noise now and then..I use a vintage 1963 ludwig kit which is my dream drumkit!
Recording studios may have their own kits too..so it's possible to hire one for a couple hours and lay down some beats on your own equipment...
Thanks again for the compliments..I'm working towards an LP but it's a long process!!

Mike is your music on soundclick, or any place other than MySpace?

I'd kind of like to see if there are any of those old influences in it.

Minus said:
Mike is your music on soundclick, or any place other than MySpace?

I'd kind of like to see if there are any of those old influences in it.
I'll load 'em up on soundclick as soon as poss..ya they got that old vibe..I've just been offered a gig :) but had to say no 'cause it's only me at the mo :( I'll let you know Minus when it's ready :cool:

Oh gee that is to bad.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back