My name is Lee and im new here.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The past 2 years or so i have been suffering from Post-Viral Fatigue, in that time i have lost all my friends and for some reason seem to have lost the respect from the closest members of my family.The main reason being because they couldnt understand what i was going through, not that they tried to even ask me about it or do a quick google search.

When i was really ill i didn't think about how lonely i was because i used most of my energy trying to get better. Now that im on the verge of a complete recovery the feeling of lonelyness has been steadily gaining pace.

I do have the thought of starting University in September to give me some kind of hope. Until then i thought i would look for a forum like this, where people may understand what im going through.

Hi, Lee. Welcome to the forum. I don't know what Post-Viral Fatigue is but I'm happy that you're getting better and thinking about starting University. :) What do you want to study?

Well that's always useful in a lot of different fields of work.

How are you feeling today? I feel so sick right now. My doctor has been seeing to it that I take this horse pill sized multivitamins, but every time I take any kind of vitamin I feel extremely nauseated. -_-

Not really, I think I joined a couple of days ago.
It's not that I don't have any friends, it's just that I can't relate to any of my friends or talk to them without being judged.

Then again, that's like not having any friends right? Hah.

Oh ive had friends like that lol, luckily they're long gone and i can start over again. But having some friends even if you cant relate to them is better than not having any.

I don't know. Whenever we go out, I feel like I just got thrown in as an extra into the set. I mean they like me and they enjoy me. I just have no feeling towards them whatsoever. Not that I'd ever tell them that. I don't like having to be mean.

So I read about post-viral fatigue; what kind of virus did you have? I'm so happy that you're okay, even I don't know you because it's one less person severely ill or dead.

I had epstein-barr virus, its kind of like glandular fever which you are more likely to have heard of. The worst thing about it was it took months for the doctors to do anything about it. If they had done blood tests earlier i wouldnt of spent so much time and energy on worrying and may not of suffered so much with the post-viral fatigue.

So you're doctors basically ignored you and refused to perform extra tests to diagnose you? You could sue them for that.

I think they thought i was a hypochondriac, and the general practice that i go to is always busy. So you cant get to see your own doctor most of the time, so when i was going i was always seeing different doctors which didnt help the process.

Latest posts

Back