My Rant (I just want a guy that...)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strife

Reaction score
I have to rant! I can't stand it when I hear girls say this phrase, "All I want is a guy that is blah blah blah." (Also if you're reading this don't start any pity stuff, this should be amusing).

I'm not sure in terms of which is the most important, but here is what follows the phrase: Caring, Sweet, Honest, Funny, Smart, etc

Please don't think I'm calling every female out on it either! I'm just sharing a rant and a story of irony that I think is funny. Now, for those of you who want to know why... here it is: I attempt to earn everything I have and everything I want in life every day. I act as though if I'm not training I will never get to join special forces, I work two jobs, and I think of the girl I want to be with as something to be earned every day, as well. I can go on, but you get the idea: it's my lifestyle.

I was with a girl a few years back for 3 years. In the last6 months this is what I had done for her. Her 2 best friends talked to me after the relationship ended and were always saying the same **** phrase "i want a guy that does all of that just like you... but i'm sick of guys because they don't do that stuff and they don't care"

Random : Short note in her jacket pocket, telling her i care about her.
Random : Favorite flower on her bed because I left after her and wouldn't be back for 2-3 days.
Her Sad Day: I put a balloon in her car of a cartoon she found funny and wrote on the card attached to it.
Random : Bought a bag of her favorite candy bar minis! Put them all on the coffee table spelling out "I <3 U" and a nice border around the table.
Birthday: Engraved a necklace with what we always used to say to each other on it.
Random : Full massage out on the deck at night.
Anniversary: Her favorite meal. I cooked and had it ready with her favorite scented candles lit. After the meal it was her favorite movie and off to bed.
Day after anniversary I get to my place, expecting her to be there like she said. Instead I find all of my stuff covering the bed, and her stuff gone. No note, no reason, and no closure.

-----

The 2nd girl, got out of a relationship with a guy that would make her sit on the floor if he wanted to lay on the couch. She had to get her own medicine when she had the flu, he refused to spend any time with her and her family, and he had anger issues. She stayed with him for 2 years. I was speaking with her for a month and then was with her for about 5 months.

Random : Dinner at a nice restaurant, went for a walk at a park late at night and just talked.
Random : She mentions her legs are soar from running yesterday (we worked out together) so without hesitation I massaged her legs.
Random : She loves flowers, I take her to the botanical garden, and afterwards a picnic with her favorite snacks. (One of them takes like 2 hours to make... if that makes any difference)
Random : I lie and tell her I have to take care of something at the bank and she should stay in bed and rest. I come back with IHOP for breakfast in bed. And while I was out i buy candles and hide them. We were going on a road trip and I booked a hotel suite for us for the night instead of just taking turns driving like she thought we'd do.
Random : Wrote in a card that I was thinking of her and that I will be doing just that every day. Put it in her suit case and she found it while unpacking.
Random : She gets a great job offer while on her trip but it means we'll be apart for 2 months and she is feeling guilty. I take a picture of myself, then go back and find one of the two of us. I print them up and put them in an envelope, on the back of the photo of me... "Know that if you're looking at this and wondering if I'm thinking of you, I am. And know that I'll be there waiting for you so we can take another picture together." (She never got this envelope)

Until this point we had been talking a lot about our futures together because we have difficult goals in our lives that we are working toward. We clicked very fast and that was great too. She would tell me she's crazy about me, then ask how certain I am. Then if I can really put the effort into "us." Then, sure enough... the next week she stops talking to me for a couple of days. At least she left with, "it all sounds great... and it is great but I have a lot going on and I don't know how committed I want to be with you."
I suppose she should have been asking herself those things lol
----

The third girl, I barely do anything for and I can't get her to leave me if i try. I mean it. I have said the meanest things to her, called her useless, stupid, ignorant, etc. She begs me to stay. It took me 2 months to just get her convinced that I'm not going to come back to her.

Every time I find a girl that is up to my standards it ends the same way. My two best female friends are always a little jealous when I speak to them about my plans and I find it amusing because their husbands don't do that type of stuff. My best guy friend is a great guy too, maybe a little on the jealous side but he does the same type of stuff (hot air balloon rides, candle light dinners, think he even rented a boat one time) and yet gets the same result. I won't go into his life though.

I'm sick of hearing it. Mainly because SOME girls use it as a way of saying "What is wrong with men?" However, I am finding that when they get what they want they realize they want to party until they are 30 or something. Who knows. So now i laugh every time a girl complains about how "all i want is..."

I think you may be put in the "love but not sex" category elsewhere referred to on this forum :)
Maybe be both something of a good buy and a bad boy would work out for you?

It's really screwed up, but sometimes it feels like the more you give to people, the less they appreciate you.

I don't know why it is, but many times in my life I've noticed it's the people that I don't spend as much time with that seem happiest when I help them out.

Frankly the whole "good boy/bad boy" thing leaves me cold, I think those terms are too general. Plus I have my personality and that's just how I am - I like to help people.

My new general policy is that if I find I'm treating someone (male or female) well for absolutely no return in good treatment, that person can go whistle.

Unfortunately, if you're particularly romantic/altruistic/friendly/helpful people sometimes seem to take that as an excuse to walk all over you, betray your trust or treat you poorly. What that first girl did sounds disgraceful.

But yes, I understand why it is amusing/irritating when some girls (not all) say they want a "good guy", then behave in a way that pretty much treats said decent guys like manure.

strife said:
Random : Favorite flower on her bed because I left after her and wouldn't be back for 2-3 days.
Her Sad Day: I put a balloon in her car of a cartoon she found funny and wrote on the card attached to it.
Random : Bought a bag of her favorite candy bar minis! Put them all on the coffee table spelling out "I <3 U" and a nice border around the table.
Birthday: Engraved a necklace with what we always used to say to each other on it.
Anniversary: Her favorite meal. I cooked and had it ready with her favorite scented candles lit. After the meal it was her favorite movie and off to bed.
Day after anniversary I get to my place, expecting her to be there like she said. Instead I find all of my stuff covering the bed, and her stuff gone. No note, no reason, and no closure.

For the record, ^^ also happens when the roles are reversed....especially the last line.

Agreed, though...it is frustrating, but oddly amusing how when you put in the effort, you don't seem to get reciprocity - yet when you could give a honeysuckle, they are all over you....

D6NDldFN20yaWeF-EYyxJw2.jpeg

Lost Drifter said:

actually, there's no thugs or nerds, or ''bad guys'' or ''good guys'' when looking for someone to date or have a relationship with. Everyone has a lot of sides like being geeky, bad boy, even good guy in one. It's just that when two people meet, even if that person says all the right things and is perfect in every sense, with no chemistry or spark, you can't really force yourself to like/love that person. Life is just funny like that.

strife said:
I have to rant! I can't stand it when I hear girls say this phrase, "All I want is a guy that is blah blah blah." (Also if you're reading this don't start any pity stuff, this should be amusing).

I'm not sure in terms of which is the most important, but here is what follows the phrase: Caring, Sweet, Honest, Funny, Smart, etc

Please don't think I'm calling every female out on it either! I'm just sharing a rant and a story of irony that I think is funny. Now, for those of you who want to know why... here it is: I attempt to earn everything I have and everything I want in life every day. I act as though if I'm not training I will never get to join special forces, I work two jobs, and I think of the girl I want to be with as something to be earned every day, as well. I can go on, but you get the idea: it's my lifestyle.

I was with a girl a few years back for 3 years. In the last6 months this is what I had done for her. Her 2 best friends talked to me after the relationship ended and were always saying the same **** phrase "i want a guy that does all of that just like you... but i'm sick of guys because they don't do that stuff and they don't care"

-----

The 2nd girl, got out of a relationship with a guy that would make her sit on the floor if he wanted to lay on the couch. She had to get her own medicine when she had the flu, he refused to spend any time with her and her family, and he had anger issues. She stayed with him for 2 years. I was speaking with her for a month and then was with her for about 5 months.

Random : Dinner at a nice restaurant, went for a walk at a park late at night and just talked.
Random : She mentions her legs are soar from running yesterday (we worked out together) so without hesitation I massaged her legs.
Random : She loves flowers, I take her to the botanical garden, and afterwards a picnic with her favorite snacks. (One of them takes like 2 hours to make... if that makes any difference)
Random : I lie and tell her I have to take care of something at the bank and she should stay in bed and rest. I come back with IHOP for breakfast in bed. And while I was out i buy candles and hide them. We were going on a road trip and I booked a hotel suite for us for the night instead of just taking turns driving like she thought we'd do.
Random : Wrote in a card that I was thinking of her and that I will be doing just that every day. Put it in her suit case and she found it while unpacking.
Random : She gets a great job offer while on her trip but it means we'll be apart for 2 months and she is feeling guilty. I take a picture of myself, then go back and find one of the two of us. I print them up and put them in an envelope, on the back of the photo of me... "Know that if you're looking at this and wondering if I'm thinking of you, I am. And know that I'll be there waiting for you so we can take another picture together." (She never got this envelope)

Until this point we had been talking a lot about our futures together because we have difficult goals in our lives that we are working toward. We clicked very fast and that was great too. She would tell me she's crazy about me, then ask how certain I am. Then if I can really put the effort into "us." Then, sure enough... the next week she stops talking to me for a couple of days. At least she left with, "it all sounds great... and it is great but I have a lot going on and I don't know how committed I want to be with you."
I suppose she should have been asking herself those things lol
----

The third girl, I barely do anything for and I can't get her to leave me if i try. I mean it. I have said the meanest things to her, called her useless, stupid, ignorant, etc. She begs me to stay. It took me 2 months to just get her convinced that I'm not going to come back to her.

Every time I find a girl that is up to my standards it ends the same way. My two best female friends are always a little jealous when I speak to them about my plans and I find it amusing because their husbands don't do that type of stuff. My best guy friend is a great guy too, maybe a little on the jealous side but he does the same type of stuff (hot air balloon rides, candle light dinners, think he even rented a boat one time) and yet gets the same result. I won't go into his life though.

I'm sick of hearing it. Mainly because SOME girls use it as a way of saying "What is wrong with men?" However, I am finding that when they get what they want they realize they want to party until they are 30 or something. Who knows. So now i laugh every time a girl complains about how "all i want is..."

Often, it doesn't matter what you do or don't do - sometimes people just DONT WANT YOU as much as you wan't them. This seems to apply to you in two ways. The first two obviously didn't want you (in the end) and the third one, well she obviously wanted you, but you didn't want her.

I also feel the need to point out that the opposite sex (both male and female) may have second thoughts about getting involved with someone who doesn't have a care for other's feelings, even if they don't want to be with that person.
The third girl, I barely do anything for and I can't get her to leave me if i try. I mean it. I have said the meanest things to her, called her useless, stupid, ignorant, etc.

I can understand the need to let her know that you no longer wanted her, but to use these kinds of hurtful insults MIGHT give someone the impression that a person isn't really as nice and thoughtful as they want you to believe (unless it's to get something they want).
Im speaking in generalizations here - not to anyone in particular. My point is that, even if someone believes they treat a person wonderful, it's no guarantee that the other person will care about them or reciprocate.
I've been in situations like that before - you really care about the person and dote on them, only to have them leave you in the dust like you never mattered at all. I'm not too sure it has anything to do with what you did for them, as much as it has to do with the fact that they just aren't into you, as much as you're into them.
Just my two cents....

Hmm...I'm thinking that maybe some girls feel overwhelmed when they are taken care of very well. They might feel like they can't reciprocate enough or feel burdened. Oppositely, some girls might stick around "bad boys" because they have something to prove.

In general though, I do think girls like considerate partners. I'm one, and I do.

I just want to clarify something... I never said i was a "good guy" or "nice guy." Trust me, I'm not. I may be sweet and thoughtful, but I'm not great with emotions. Just a good listener when needed.

My issue with the first girl was probably that she decided she was no longer interested and that works for me.
The second girl is what really bothers me. Her practically begging me to tell her that i was crazy about her and cared about her as much as she cared for me then leaving with no reason is just stupid.

As for me being single, I actually left the last two girls I was with and now I'm no longer looking because I am getting close to leaving for 3 years.

Same old, same old. On every forum I go to.

Instead of being a "nice guy", why don't you strive to be a decent guy? That's the kind of guy that most women, the ones that are stable anyways, go for.

It's not too easy to be a decent guy, it's all the more true when emotions are involved :)

strife said:
I have to rant! I can't stand it when I hear girls say this phrase, "All I want is a guy that is blah blah blah."

Oh My God! I am "blah blah blah"!!!!! Where are these women you speak of? I'm perfect for them!

A nice guy IS a decent guy but the term "Nice guy" has been obscured so much that it now may aswell mean nothing with regards to relationships. What people percieve and the notions they get in their head due to humans having overactive imaginations is always abstract from reality. A confident guy might do something nice for a girl and then suddenly get labeled as a nice guy when in reality he is a loser who did it just to win her over... That in my opinion is actually how a hell of alot of relationships happen because the majority of the human race only see what they want to see, especially when it comes to love and sex, are manipulative ********.

The term "nice guy" should really be used for those type of guys who are naturally nice people. "Decent guy" to me sounds bland and almost degrading. :p

ShybutHi said:
A nice guy IS a decent guy but the term "Nice guy" has been obscured so much that it now may aswell mean nothing with regards to relationships. What people percieve and the notions they get in their head due to humans having overactive imaginations is always abstract from reality. A confident guy might do something nice for a girl and then suddenly get labeled as a nice guy when in reality he is a loser who did it just to win her over... That in my opinion is actually how a hell of alot of relationships happen because the majority of the human race only see what they want to see, especially when it comes to love and sex, are manipulative ********.

The term "nice guy" should really be used for those type of guys who are naturally nice people. "Decent guy" to me sounds bland and almost degrading. :p

+1,000 props to you, ShybutHi, and if I may add:

Before we get started down that treacherous slope, the last thing we need is another horrendous "Nice Guy" thread.

Here's a short-cut: Why doesn't everyone just strive to be a decent human being, and take it from there? The highlights of a decent human being include not being a completely selfish twunt, having some consideration for others, and showing some compassion and empathy by attempting to put yourself in others' positions every now and then.

Also, specifically to blackdot, it makes me sad to see you continually put yourself down. That sort of serious self-deprecation becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, because it affects your confidence levels and how your project them to the world. As it has been mentioned several times before, confidence, not arrogance, is the true attractive quality. Younger or more immature men and women may still confuse arrogance or cockiness for real self-confidence, but with luck, they outgrow that.

Latest posts

Back