my relationship is stressing me out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munia

Reaction score
My relationship is stressing me out. I feel like am giving more than I am receiving. its a long distance relationship, and I love him so much dat I find myself wanting to cry sometimes.
What is makn it to suffer this much is financial factor. He told me in the begining dat he can't take care of me. He had given evryting in his relationship dat just ended and he had notin more 2 give. His ex-girlfrend (she broke his heart) had a lot of financial challenges, she lost her mum at a tender age n her stayed wit her aunt who did not care for her, so he had to assist. Am guessing it was easier becos he was still a student and still depended on his parents. But now he is out of school and is trying to survive on his own as a man.
He brought it up on three occassion about his concerns for not being able to provide for me and he wishes he could. I told him all time that I loved him and will wait for him. But now I feel exhausted already because I'm doin so much. Feeding him when he is with me, spending all my money to call him now that we are far apart. I know things are hard for him but I just feel he can do better, at least make efforts to call me and see me instead of waiting till I am close by before seeing me.
The worst thing is I keep comparing myself to his ex-girlfrend. A part of me feels like if it were her he would have gone the extra mile to see her or call her. I Have been in relationships where I gave everything, and there where some I had to manage because of financial factor but they all ended and it was like wasted effort. Am woried I will go through this again. I want something better.
On few occassions he said to me that I was a strong person, independent and that God sent me to him. Maybe that is why he is quite relaxed. he doesn't feel the need to go an extra mile because I am strong (that is what I feel). Maybe if I was softer like his ex-friend he will feel compelled to provide for me and up his game. I feel so jealous of her. I want to talk to him about all these things but don't know how to. I just love him so much and it is rily stressing me out.
How will I survive this long distance relationship? How will I be a part of his everyday life from a distance? What's worse is that he seems to be handeling this distance well. He says things like I should be strong about the distance and it makes me feel like he does not miss me, or love me as much as I do.

Hi there :),

Have you talked about one of you moving closer to try being together, or comprising and starting a life together somewhere new, or is it too early for that? I know that is a huge step, but do you feel it may be heading that way? I am not sure I understand about the financial matters, if you both provide your own way, surely that would work for the time being? Sorry if I have misunderstood :).

One thing I do know is that comparing yourself to his ex will not do any good. I know it is so much easier said than done, but it will eat at your confidence and your relationship if you don't try to forget about her. Just be yourself, just enjoy what you have, that will be the person he fell for.

I hope things work out well for you, let us know how it goes :).

I don't want to make you feel more unhappy than you are already, but the situation does seem bleak to me. Is it possible that he is speaking emotionally as well as financially when he says that he has nothing to give and can't provide for you? It does seem to me that you are doing all of the emotional work in the relationship. He isn't calling you or giving the impression of missing you as much as you are missing him. Instead he is letting you do all the calling. Saying that you are strong and independent while you are going through all of the agony of missing him makes me feel that he isn't seeing you as you really are. It gets him off the hook of having to meet your emotional needs. I am so sorry that things are so painful for you and hope that somehow things change.

Tiina63 said:
I don't want to make you feel more unhappy than you are already, but the situation does seem bleak to me. Is it possible that he is speaking emotionally as well as financially when he says that he has nothing to give and can't provide for you? It does seem to me that you are doing all of the emotional work in the relationship. He isn't calling you or giving the impression of missing you as much as you are missing him. Instead he is letting you do all the calling. Saying that you are strong and independent while you are going through all of the agony of missing him makes me feel that he isn't seeing you as you really are. It gets him off the hook of having to meet your emotional needs. I am so sorry that things are so painful for you and hope that somehow things change.
He means he can't provide financially. Also the relationship is just about three months old. Honestly I did not mind initially about the financial aspect, but it seems like he is not putting effort at all.

Latest posts

Back