My Self-Stalker (about social media)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kortelan

Reaction score
Ive been on social media for about 6 years. Now, I started to question myself,"why am I using social media?". It made a lot of sense after asking this question to myself. By using social media excessively, I became anti-social. My ideas, perspectives, even my personalities, standards, preferences everything are influenced by social media. It feels like, someone is influencing me without me, knowing any of it. Seriously? We are on social media to look at other's lives and their success and feel bad at ourselves or expose our daily life too much to people, to satisfy our ego? I tried quitting it (using social media), I followed 21 day rule, but when I started using it, I used it excessively after the 21 days , like I was desperate. I mean, lately, I've been admiring Tyler durden, patrick Bateman etc. But, this isn't me. I couldn't help, but scroll through social media again all day, pitting myself, I didn't have anyone who could understand this. So, guess this is my space to share it

I only use Facebook because I belong to groups on topics I’m interested in. There is a particular computer I like. Local news in my neighborhood. Stuff like that.

But I know what you mean about endless scrolling looking at pictures of what someone ate for dinner. I’ve done a lot a scrolling on the forum since I showed up. I think its only a problem if you are ignoring others parts of your life. Like if you start to ignore your self care, then its a problem.

I only use Facebook because I belong to groups on topics I’m interested in. There is a particular computer I like. Local news in my neighborhood. Stuff like that.

But I know what you mean about endless scrolling looking at pictures of what someone ate for dinner. I’ve done a lot a scrolling on the forum since I showed up. I think its only a problem if you are ignoring others parts of your life. Like if you start to ignore your self care, then its a problem.
I guess that's my problem, buddy.

It's common for people to feel like they're not in control of their social media use, and that it's influencing their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in ways they don't want.

Latest posts

Back