My Therapist just quit

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePsychologist

Reaction score
Hey there :p

I just felt like sharing this, and maybe some other people have had this at one time in their life.

Well, I basicly have been going to this therapist for about 2 months now. He just called me 10 minutes ago and said he got offered another job. I am happy for him, because I know he will do well on that particulair job, but I am also a bit saddend. More sad then I would have anticipated I would be.
I mean, 2 months isnt That long, but its enough to share a lot of things with this therapist, which I did.
Feels kinda weird, know what I mean?

I'm now on a list where I will be re-assigned to another therapist. Which can be good I guess, I think there can be a great variety between therapists, and maybe this new one will have a different or even better perspective in how to resolve my situation!

Its weird, but it kinda makes me feel sad but also a bit excited :p It's weird to explain.

Are there more people who have to go to another therapist after sharing a lot of your personal life? How did you feel? And how are things going now?

ThePsychologist said:
Hey there :p

I just felt like sharing this, and maybe some other people have had this at one time in their life.

Well, I basicly have been going to this therapist for about 2 months now. He just called me 10 minutes ago and said he got offered another job. I am happy for him, because I know he will do well on that particulair job, but I am also a bit saddend. More sad then I would have anticipated I would be.
I mean, 2 months isnt That long, but its enough to share a lot of things with this therapist, which I did.
Feels kinda weird, know what I mean?

I'm now on a list where I will be re-assigned to another therapist. Which can be good I guess, I think there can be a great variety between therapists, and maybe this new one will have a different or even better perspective in how to resolve my situation!

Its weird, but it kinda makes me feel sad but also a bit excited :p It's weird to explain.

Are there more people who have to go to another therapist after sharing a lot of your personal life? How did you feel? And how are things going now?

I went to a very small college for two years, where there was a therapist who I saw once a week for a year and a half. We practically became friends. Then I transfered schools to a huge college, and saw a school assigned therapist who was a total ******* to me, the sessions timed out, and I was referred off campus, but I cannot afford to see a new one.

I'll answer your question.

I'm in a similar boat, except I switched therapists after a several month break. It's kind of nice starting over, it's like you get a second chance to really work on the stuff that maybe you didn't with the first therapist. I'm only about to be 3 sessions in with my new therapist but I'm really enjoying starting over. I'm starting off at a better point, I went in right away and said THIS is what I need help with, I was more brutally honest with my new therapist... I was a little afraid to be so honest w/ my previous therapist, not sure why. So you have a chance now to think about what you'd like to do a little bit different with this new therapist. Good luck!

Tiffy said:
I'll answer your question.

I'm in a similar boat, except I switched therapists after a several month break. It's kind of nice starting over, it's like you get a second chance to really work on the stuff that maybe you didn't with the first therapist. I'm only about to be 3 sessions in with my new therapist but I'm really enjoying starting over. I'm starting off at a better point, I went in right away and said THIS is what I need help with, I was more brutally honest with my new therapist... I was a little afraid to be so honest w/ my previous therapist, not sure why. So you have a chance now to think about what you'd like to do a little bit different with this new therapist. Good luck!
Thanks for the good advice :> Keep that in mind!

well ive never one to a therapist but it should be alright. Just do what you did you last one. Just think of it as a meeting another friend, someone to talk to and share your thoughts and feelign about. Your therapist didn't really quit on you he just got offered a better deal. Think of it as some improvement if the therapist really felt you needed him/her then he coudl fo stayed and helped you but maybe he/she felt your getting better (I don't mean that somethings wrong with you, dont take it the wrong way haha) and that this change will only help you grow. But then again ive never been to a therapist, just my thought though.

Latest posts

Back