myers briggs

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the MBTI several times in the last two years... I got INTP the first time, then INFP and then INTJ on a facebook one (highly unreliable) and then INTP again. After reading the descriptions and reading threads on INTP forums, I'm pretty sure that I'm INTP. Enneagram 5w4 sx/sp.

apathy said:
I took the MBTI several times in the last two years... I got INTP the first time, then INFP and then INTJ on a facebook one (highly unreliable) and then INTP again. After reading the descriptions and reading threads on INTP forums, I'm pretty sure that I'm INTP. Enneagram 5w4 sx/sp.

Hey apathy -- You've brought up a good point. Perhaps some of our traits remain "static" versus some that will behave "dynamically" as we evolve in our lives. MBTI is totally new to me so I'll need to learn more. Best, LG:)

Lot's of INTJs it seems. I'm another one.
I wonder if it's possible to change your personality type.
Perhaps a combination of drugs and social interactions.
I think about how cults can radically change a person's thinking. And I wonder if some similar extreme measures could also change introverts into extroverts and so on.

LGH1288 said:
Hey apathy -- You've brought up a good point. Perhaps some of our traits remain "static" versus some that will behave "dynamically" as we evolve in our lives. MBTI is totally new to me so I'll need to learn more. Best, LG:)

Mmm, I think that some of our traits seem to *change* for coping in tough situations. For example, I'm certainly not a J but a P. I was threatened to be put out of school if I did not perform well.... so that really was a big motivator for me.
Soo .. this school year, I made to-do lists and strived to complete my school assignments even though I would very much prefer to be daydreaming or reading something that would be of no practical use to me (Hehe... Just another point to how P I am).
Now with the holidays and everything, I have no obligations and I'm back to my natural P mode.

Haha, you could check out some MBTI-related forums like personalitycafe or typologycentral ^^

i took like three different tests and all of them came out with the same result which was INTP. so i'm pretty sure i'm an INTP, which is supposedly the rarest of the 16 personality types. i recently got pretty interested in myers briggs. did a lot of research on my personality type and it is surprisingly accurate.

I am INFP..........whatever that really means........
Apparently 2% of the population is in this catagory.

I = 88%
N = 100%
T = 100%
J - 22%

Yeah, I'm a freak. I've only had two real friends in my life. One is an INFJ, the other was an INTJ (but he died eleven years ago).

i wrote an essay on it in my ap psyche class, tryying to remeber i think i was infp or something

apathy said:
I took the MBTI several times in the last two years... I got INTP the first time, then INFP and then INTJ on a facebook one (highly unreliable) and then INTP again. After reading the descriptions and reading threads on INTP forums, I'm pretty sure that I'm INTP.

You figuring it out yourself may be as valid as the test.

"In 1991, the National Academy of Sciences committee reviewed data from MBTI research studies and concluded that only the I-E scale has adequate construct validity in terms of showing high correlations with comparable scales of other instruments and low correlations with instruments designed to assess different concepts. In contrast, the S-N and T-F scales show relatively weak validity. The 1991 review committee concluded at the time there was "not sufficient, well-designed research to justify the use of the MBTI in career counseling programs"

Then again the last time i took it, about 12 people took it at the same time and a number of them who identified themselves as extroverts ended with introvert results. I would guess that would largely be due to a misunderstanding of what they thought introvert/extrovert meant.

Actualized type: INTP
(who you are)
INTP – “Architect”. Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

Preferred type: INTP
(who you prefer to be)
INTP – “Architect”. Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

Attraction type: INFP
(who you are attracted to)
INFP – “Questor”. High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

I usually get INTP or INFP depending on my mood and the particular test. Usually I'm pretty close to 50/50 on T-F

Tex Is Lost said:
Whhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??????????? You must be joking? LOL! So is your friendly neighborhood "pinko commie submersive," Buddy! Why, Texas, I didn't know we had so much in common ya Bush supporting, send this country to hell in a handbasket, saddle riding, conservative :p Does this mean your trading in your gun for a little flower power? ROFLMA!! Come outta the closet, Tex.

Cooooooome to the left side. We have cookies! Mmmmmmmmmm. **giggles**

This is for you, Texas. **sniff sniff** I think I'm gonna cry. Group hug, everybody!
[youtube]9Q0Eyw3l3XM[/youtube]

Naleena said:
Tex Is Lost said:
Whhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??????????? You must be joking? LOL! So is your friendly neighborhood "pinko commie submersive," Buddy! Why, Texas, I didn't know we had so much in common ya Bush supporting, send this country to hell in a handbasket, saddle riding, conservative :p Does this mean your trading in your gun for a little flower power? ROFLMA!! Come outta the closet, Tex.

Cooooooome to the left side. We have cookies! Mmmmmmmmmm. **giggles**

This is for you, Texas. **sniff sniff** I think I'm gonna cry. Group hug, everybody!

Lennon=Lenin=commie.........
*Edited*, thanks.............and I have cookies
but I'll take the hug.......but not with a group
:D

Latest posts

Back