Need guidance/ motivation.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timzor

Reaction score
Right now I'm lost in life... I don't know who I am, what I like, what i wan't to study in university, where I want to work, what makes me happy...

I'm in my last year of high school and about to do my final exams in about 4 weeks but I have no motivation to do my best, I don't even know what I'm studying for... I can get a pretty good mark without doing much work but I don't have the motivation to get the best mark that I can, I just don't see the point.

The way I see it, I'm studying to study a more difficult subject at another location to do a job I probably won't enjoy. I know only I can motivate myself but I need guidance to get back on track.

I don't know about total motivation, that's a tough one, but here it goes. Forget the conventional, but if you could be or do absolutely anything in world, what would it be? What do you enjoy in life? What brings you happiness, excitement, or inner peace? Take that, what ever it may be, and strive for it. No matter how uncommon the related job may be, there are people in the world doing it.

You said yourself that you're pretty smart, so the whole you can do anything you want bid actually applies to you. You're special, regardless if anyone sees it. You need to let yourself know that and get back on board the Timzor Express. Open your mind and researh into the field of your dreams. The job that everyone would think of you crazy to try. Only you can limit yourself. Now go get em' tiger :D

Some wise man said once:

You gotta love what you do! or Do what you love!

As POD suggested find something you would absolutley love doing and pursue it. Something you would do even if you didn't get paid. :)

Tim,

I was like that in highschool, too. Pretty well apathetic and just flat didn't care, to the point that I dropped out. I didn't know what I wanted and I didn't have an enjoyable lot of teenage years; I was content to play video games all day and just sort of figured the future would work its self out.

Then I found out I -did- have a passion, but to pursue it I needed a GED or diploma. Lucky for me, the GED meets my needs fine and doesn't hamper me in my pursuit. But for most careers, it will. Long story short, I kind of dodged a bullet.

This is your cornerstone to -everything else-.

Knock this out of the way and you can rest easy for a little bit, if you want. For two reasons:

1. You've got the piece of paper to get you in to a college or technical program (not EVERYONE has to have a 4 year degree to remain among the living), when you decide you're interested in something.

2. If all else fails, that piece of paper will get you in on the ground floor at a thousand places of employment that otherwise would skip you over.

Just do it, dude. You'll be glad you did, especially since you have this cat in the bag academically. Try and entice yourself with a reward. Promise yourself that once you finish you'll try some new hobby or go on some kind of adventure.

Latest posts

Back