Need your help, if English is your first language

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexChristy

Reaction score
Hi there! )))
A year ago I was depressed, and I was an active member here.
Maybe, you remember me.
Thank you, you did really help me!
I need your help, if you live in the US, AU, UK or other English speaking country.
English is not my first language. Maybe, you'll find mistakes in this messages, but the other problem is my pronunciation. I'm not sure, if I speak enough clearly.
What if I made a video or an audio specially for the members of this forum, and gave you a link here? I'd like you to listen to it and to post a comment if you can understand me good.
I'm not doing it in this message, because I'm not sure if it is not against forum rules, and I don't want you to consider it as spam.
And yes, I am a lonely person - no skype friends to speak with. I made a few educational videos and uploaded them to youtube, but no comments yet. Maybe, native speakers don't understand me.
So I need feedback.
Can you do it for me, if a post a youtube video here?

If you are ready to spend a few minutes of your life listening to me, PM me, please, and I'll give you a link.
Or if it's OK, I'll post it here.

Sure you can post a link here for the purposes that you mention.

There is also this thread if it is of any use to you.

Post your voice!

Some of your grammar seems off but most of it seems right. You write better than other people who have come here with English as a second language.

You sound perfectly fine... including when saying 'hormones'. You have an accent, sure, but I find you very easy to understand. The only time I had difficulty hearing what you said was when you said 'Australia' and that was just for a split second.

Cavey said:
You sound perfectly fine... including when saying 'hormones'. You have an accent, sure, but I find you very easy to understand. The only time I had difficulty hearing what you said was when you said 'Australia' and that was just for a split second.

Thanx, Cavey. It surprises me. I thought it would be hard to understand my speech.

I understood you perfectly well. I heard a few grammar mistakes, but nothing major.
Two things I want to comment on, though. It sounded like you were really trying to emphasize every word, so it kind of came off as rehearsed, imo. Also, while you said hormones correctly, don't put quite so much emphasis on the first part, "whore" really stands out. Although maybe I just have that word stuck in my head. Lol

beautiful loser said:
What Cavey said....I understood you completely. Nothing wrong at all.
Thanks!!!
I would be very happy to sound as a native speaker, but it is almost impossible to get rid of an accent.
Especially if you've never been to English speaking country and if you're affected by loneliness :club::)

I think your spoken english is very good. Especially for not having the opportunity to spend time in a primarily english speaking setting. Your written english is better than a lot of native english speakers.

If you'd like to have more experience with conversational english, there are a few skype groups from ALL. If there's an active one maybe someone can get you linked into it.

Hi Alex
I agree with the others here. Your spoken English is extremely good. Just remember that in the English-speaking countries there are different accents and there will be different pronunciations and different parts of words will be stressed.
I had no trouble understanding you at all. :)

Latest posts

Back