nervous breakdown

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haz

Reaction score
I feel I can't keep it together much longer

if I keep hiding my depression and keeping up a brave face in front of everyone who respects me professionally I think I might just crack

as much as I love and value the things I hold dear my personal life is in shreds, i'm plagued with insecurities I can't shake and worst of all, I can't sleep. I feel my entire life is dictated by my out of whack sleeping patterns, it's an uphill battle to convince my mind to get it together when I keep waking up in the middle of the afternoon, and hating myself each and every time

I don't know what to do

Could you elaborate further? The more detail we have the better we will know how to give you advice or examples based on our own experiences.

What are you insecure about?

Do you feel like you have some problems and you would be better if you could solve them?

Or do you feel like you are generally depressed?

What is your confidence like?
What is your self esteem like?

Haz said:
I feel I can't keep it together much longer

if I keep hiding my depression and keeping up a brave face in front of everyone who respects me professionally I think I might just crack

as much as I love and value the things I hold dear my personal life is in shreds, i'm plagued with insecurities I can't shake and worst of all, I can't sleep. I feel my entire life is dictated by my out of whack sleeping patterns, it's an uphill battle to convince my mind to get it together when I keep waking up in the middle of the afternoon, and hating myself each and every time

I don't know what to do

Have you talked to a doctor, at all, about any of this? If your sleeping pattern is out of kilter, that alone can make it hard to deal with depression and stress. Your doctor may be able to prescribe something to help you sleep. Even if that's all you do, it can help.

Plus you can talk here. That, too, can help. *hugs*

I said:
Your doctor may be able to prescribe something to help you sleep.

[/size] Treat Medications as a last resort, they are very dodgy. Antidepressants often badly affect you sexual functions or pu on wieght amongst other things and some sleeping pills are carcenogenic, most are addictive. The best way forward is to try talking therepies like CBT or Councelling first, only turn to meds if that does not work but allways do your research before taking anything.

i've had to do a lot of re-evaluating myself. not a believer in drugs, my experiences with prescribed anti-depressants ended up with me attempting suicide once

but yes for several reasons I don't want to go into detail I know the only person who can help myself is I. this is the last time i'm ever going to feel this helpless, I swear. thanks for your concern

Been there, done that. Sometimes it takes having a nervous breakdown to get over it. It isn't fun that's for **** sure. But once you've come through it and pull yourself back together you have a much better understanding of yourself, your limits, your own abilities. Better to nip it in the butt before you do though. You have the right frame of mind already though, you are the only person who can help yourself.

Some of the medications they have tried to push on me have been downright scary. They put me on one that made me gain 5 stone in less than 4 months and gave you "brain zaps" when you moved your eyes. Then one for sleep that causes cancer, then a couple of week ago one that can cause a toxic rash and make the inner and outer layers of your skin peel away, leaving you maimed/scarred or dead.

The point about medication is they will never solve the problems in your life. They might make you feel a bit mentally better but that will only be temporary if you don’t solve your problems. And they almost all have potentially bad side effects. So better to go for some form of therapy and sort out the underlying causes than to take that crap.

Latest posts

Back