new around here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm Josh. I'm 28 and very painfully shy at times, but slowly getting better. I suffer from anxiety, and have trouble forming friendships and relationships.

Welcome to the site Josh :)

Where are you from Josh? If someone on this forum is near you maybe you don't have to be lonely anymore. :)

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Hey all,

I'm Josh. I'm 28 and very painfully shy at times, but slowly getting better. I suffer from anxiety, and have trouble forming friendships and relationships.
Hi Josh, Welcome to the forum
I just post this for Carl and I think it may be useful for U too. Please let me know!
I think being involved in the process of self discovery and growth is the key to not being lonely. A kid may play for hours with his/her toys and yet will not feel lonely. When we are fully engaged in our interactions we do not feel lonely, the problem start when we are afraid to fully immerse ourselves. This is usually the case since we are not sure about our ability to response correctly and we want to avoid mistakes. In communication instead of going with the flow of communication and listening, our mind is busy thinking what we should say next. Since we are not sure about our response we always judge others beforehand and decide how to deal with them before we face them, this makes our behavior too much judgmental. We usually suffer from weak sense of direction and attention. Since we are not able to response we avoid responsibility and hide ourselves behind others. We feel lonely because we cannot take charge of our own life and we are always dependent of others. We do not have independent action and therefore it is not in the direction of our growth. When we are not aligning with our destination and maturity process we feel lonely. So what is the source of our problem and its solution?
Our problem is called emotional immaturity. We get easily exited and our excitement can control our mood. To avoid this weakness of ours we usually try to calm the situations and that is why we are boring people!
The solution is to master our breathing capabilities. Our longs do not have muscles and can become quite out of control and emotional. We have to watch and maintain our breathing rhythm during the day and even when we sleep. I myself am doing everyday exercises like swimming and jugging. Singing and other self expressive arts are also very helpful.
I hope you found my sayings helpful. Please let me hear from U and I will be more than happy to answer your questions and stay in contact during your recovery process.
Take care

Latest posts

Back